2024 Holidays and Happy 2025!

If I have learned anything as a mom of two littles, it's that time truly is a thief! I go through the day thinking "I really want to sit down and journal tonight, or tomorrow morning..." but then before I know it, a week has passed. Seeing the positive is that instead of spending time on my computer, I am with the kiddos or Brandon instead, and that is worth a praise. So, a little catch up today and I'm so thankful to be up having my quiet time, a morning with no agenda, and a moment to journal to begin the day. 

Thanksgiving was great and although travel is hard, we had a great time in DFW and did so many fun Christmas things for the kids. As mom does, she often times over books things but it was truly a great experience and got everyone ready for Christmas too. After a good meal, we spent the day at the Gaylord with all the girls and kids- it was great! I loved seeing Chandler get excited about the ICE event and making his first build a bear. It was so precious! He made a bear and named it "Star Bear" and it was the most adorable time! The next day, we went to Palestine for The Polar Express and while I think it was just okay and not so much age appropriate for little ones, we still had a good time and lots of new memories were made. For the drive there and back (4 hours), I don't think it was quite worth it but I'm glad we did it anyway and got to experience it. For the last day of our visit, Bethany and I took the kids to downtown McKinney for the Christmas festival and that was great! It was much more age appropriate and easier to do with kids. We went to the cookie shop, rode the carousel, and Chandler had a BLAST on the big bounce house course! I was so proud of him! He was so brave and had the greatest little time! We watched the ballerinas dance, had a great breakfast at Spoons, and just enjoyed a wonderful day together. We had some sad moments over the week since Marilyn, Nanny, and Papa were not there this year but we remember the good times we had with them and know they are with Jesus. 

December definitely had some big highlights for us! I took Brandon to dinner for his birthday at Myron's steakhouse and it was delicious! I had the lamb and loved it! It was a great time out just the two of us that we really needed. Up next was our 10 year anniversary cruise!!!! I am so glad we did this for ourselves and our marriage! I won't lie, I had some big, big anxiety spells leaving the kids for 6 days but I did it and sure enough, as always, everything was fine and they had a great time too! Our cruise was the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas and it was wonderful! It took me a day to get acclimated and not feel lost without our babies but soon enough, we were enjoying each meal together and undisturbed, working out every day together, and just roaming the boat having fun. We went to a piano show every night and she took all our requests, which was so special! She sang some worship songs for us, "Stand by me," which is what I sing to the kids at night time, "Over the Rainbow," "Blue Bayou" and just some really great classic, easy listening songs. I enjoyed a spa day with a mani, pedi, and massage, and I also enjoyed just being able to take my time getting ready, dressing up fancy- got to wear my red dress for dinner one night, and just the good rest and rejuvenation. We had a sweet moment the night before our anniversary when I pulled out our wedding book and read him all our Q&A and looked at our pictures. When I looked over at him, he had tears coming from his eyes. It was a really sweet moment and reminder of how much we have gone through, how committed we are to one another, and just an overall reminder of us! Kids and life really pull you in a million directions and it's hard to find time for one another. When we got home, I absolutely couldn't wait to go get the kids! I was so antsy to see them and we all had the sweetest reunion when we got home. 

Since our cruise was from December 14-20 we didn't have much time to prepare for Christmas but I was so glad that we did some Amazon shopping from the boat and had lots of presents ready to wrap when we got home! We stayed busy, Brandon working and me doing lots of kiddo things. I had a hard Christmas Eve once the realization that we wouldn't see or talk to Marilyn, or any of my family since mom worked and the girls were doing other things. It was our first Christmas at home just the 4 of us and that initially had a loneliness about it since I'm used to traveling, but I decided to take Chandler to the church for candlelight service and it was the sweetest time! I am so, so glad I went and it definitely calmed my anxious heart and put me in a joyful place. Brandon made the right decision to not take Ruth since there wasn't childcare and it started at the same time she goes to bed so although I was initially sad that they didn't go, it was the wisest decision. Chandler fell asleep on the way there and to my surprise, I carried him in still sleeping, and he slept on my lap for about half of the service. It was the sweetest gift from God to be in church with him and he just be sleeping while worship music played over him. He woke up just in time for Children's Time and then got to hold his very own candle with me at the end. Mrs. Carolyn took pictures of us and I can truly say, it was one of the best nights with just he and I. I will cherish that always. When we got home, the kids went to bed and then Brandon helped unbox all the gifts and hide the boxes while I got busy wrapping. We stayed up getting the house ready for Christmas Morning and went to bed excited for the kids to wake up! When they did, I had breakfast going and Brandon came down the hall with them- Chandler beaming with excitement and Ruthie holding Brandon's hand walking more and more! Chandler shouted "oh this makes me so happy!" It was precious! That's the things about these babies and motherhood is it just breaks your heart into a million pieces over and over and over again! In great ways, in sad ways, in emotional ways, in fearful way, in all the ways! I just love them more than anything! 
We had a great day playing with all their toys, having Mrs. Andi over, and then getting out for a drive as a family. We were going to have lunch but after seeing that there really wasn't anything open, we came home and I made lunch before taking them to the construction site/park where we spent the rest of the beautiful day playing in the dirt! They just love the dirt! Happy hearts this Christmas and I am so thankful! Brandon and I ended the day with wonderful sex and love- I love that man and how committed he is to me. Marriage is so hard, especially in this stage, but he is constant and I appreciate that about him. 

For NYE, we had our bible study since it was Tuesday and that was the best way to spend that evening! We had a great meal, a good visit, and lots of good conversation. I got the kids and friends some NY 2025 headbands and whistles and the kids loved it. Ruth was so adorable when she got the hang of putting the headband on and she looked so cute! We saw a few of the neighbors fire works but it was too cold to stay out and of-course the kids had gone to bed. We didn't stay up until midnight but heard all the fireworks go off which woke us up. 2024 was a wonderful year but also a hard, hard year. 2024 was the hardest year I've had in a while actually! It was the first full year with two babies, Brandon had three jobs, lots of challenges, two bike crashes, and lost his mom;  I struggled with post-partum depression and post weaning depression but also got the help I needed at the time, had pneumonia along with many other illnesses, we lost Marilyn, Bethany and I drifted apart more than ever, I built resentment toward people but also learned the importance of forgiveness, Brandon and I fought but also grew closer because of it, our sex life entered a whole new closeness and goodness, Chandler started a new school, Ruthie took her first steps, and we played and lived life to the fullest! I entered a community of women at our new church and have a new best freind for life- Lydia, I met our neighbors, saved some money, and took on letting things go- including lots and lots of baby items that I didn't need or want to keep but also didn't want to say bye to. It was a year of struggle, growth, adulting, parenting, wife-ing, and growing deeper with God. My prayer life has deepened in ways I never imagined and I am so thankful for that! I am ready for a new year and excited for 2025! January is my least favorite month and one I struggle through but I know God is faithful and I'm excited about all that is to come. 

My new word(s) of the year are "Unplug" and again, "Simple." "Simple served me so well last year that I definitely want to focus on that word again. "Unplug" has been a reoccuring focus from God lately and I know that I need to pay attention to that... getting off my phone, not being on any social media or Facebook, and just being present. 

We started the New Year off with a little spontaneous trip to Mckinney to see mom! Chandler had a few more days out of MDO and I am on break from the college so we just went for it! Brandon was going to be busy working so it worked out well for everyone. We met mom in Arlington for a trip to Six Flags and 
Brandy

Comments

Popular Posts