"The moon is gone, the sun is BACK!" - Chandler
7-26-24: We spent the day at the splash pad and wow was it fun! I absolutely love our neighborhood and all the amenities! Ruth is just precious in her new baby floaty and Chandler is getting more and more brave in the water! He loves wearing his red crab floaties and has conquered some fears of going into the big waterfall splash section and also loves getting his face underwater! We spent afternoon resting, Brandon made us spaghetti for lunch, and then we played in the back yard until 9pm. It is beautiful pink sunset season here for us and it is so stunning every night! We played chase, we sat in the grass, Ruth ate a little dirt and got to play in mulch for the first time, and Chandler of-course worked at his construction site. I've spent a few weeks really getting the back yard in great shape for kids and now they have their own designated space with the cottage playhouse, a construction zone, and lots of fun things to play with! I love them so much and can't thank God enough for all he has done!
8-16-24: Things are ramping up for fall and I am looking forward to having routine again. Chandler had meet-the-teacher yesterday at CLC and he will be in the turtles class. He is such a brave little guy! We met Mrs. Rose and Mrs. Diane, his teachers, got to see his cubby and table spot, and then we spent a few minutes playing in the classroom. He had no fear, but it's also where we go to church so I think that definitely helped and I am so thankful. Later, I braved the mall with both of them and although there were some really tough moments, they did well and the kids play area made for a great way to get some play time in while avoiding the heat! I got him some new school clothes at Gap, soft comfy shorts that he can get on/off while he's potty training and a few cute shirts too. I took them to chick-fil-a and that's where we started falling apart but I got them both home for a nap, at the same time, so that was nice!
Sweet Marilyn passed away last week, Tuesday, August 6th, and we had her services one week later, on the 11th. I will miss her so much and a world without her in it just seems really really abnormal. She was so weak and tired so I'm glad that she is made new now, but she will be so missed. It makes me sad for our babies that they don't have any grandparents on that side and likely won't remember her. Chandler really liked his time with her and I hope he at least remembers her through their pictures. She went through so much in her last months here and I feel brokenhearted that she fought so hard to went through so much. I love you, mom- you are so cherished!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment