34 Weeks! 05-07-21 to 05-13-21

 05-07: Poor Brandon has had a work week from Hades! I have done my very best to take some of his burden and I can honestly say, it breaks my heart to watch the weight of the world fall on his shoulders. I have prayed fervently for God to relieve some of the work pressures he is facing and I'm also asking our Lord to guide Brandon through the struggles in the meantime. I wish I could take it all for him. I love and adore him so much and to see him suffering with work stress just kills me! 

In other plans, we are off to Dallas today for what I hope is the last time for a while! I enjoy going to see family but with all we have going on at home, baby prepping, appointments, work, living, other group obligations, the heat setting in, and the overwhelming over-stimulation by family when we get there... just makes me want to stay home and hibernate with Brandon. Not to be unsocial, but it's a lot! It's more packing, more planning, more laundry, etc. I feel like we have been to Dallas every other week for two months now! It's a lot and I am looking forward to enjoying our last trip there and then coming home to rest and nest before baby. 

With Mother's Day this weekend and Marilyn's birthday the next, that is the primary reason we are going to visit. Two birds, one stone kind of thing! Mom has made tea reservations for Mother's Day and I'm looking forward to the event but I am not looking forward to the attention. (Eye roll)! I know they mean well and it's excitement coming outward but for someone who is an introvert at heart, they can be incredibly overwhelming. It's overall been a season of busy! Ewww, I hate that word and the new study I'm going makes me realize even more how much I don't want to be someone who glorifies "busy" or finds their worth in "busy." However, with all the events, spring appointments, bday parties, weddings, showers, showers, and more showers, church groups, volunteering for vaccines, photo shoots x2, outfit planning, hair/makeup, and everything else, it's been a very busy past 4 weeks! I think this weekend is the last big obligation we have for a while and now that my extra pick-up MC shifts, and clinical is over for the semester... I feel like a big exhale is in the very near future! 

Anyhow, we made it to Dallas after a very long drive and lots of traffic, had dinner at Fuzzy's, and then called it a day! I couldn't sleep and the heartburn was in full force so I headed to mom's room around 2 am, where she rubbed my back and we watched Animal Planet to help us fall asleep again. 

5-8: Today was so fun! Brandon had a cycle ride so mom, Lori, Bethany, and I went to brunch at Spoons and had a great lunch on the patio! The weather was great! We shopped around on the square and mom bought me two Kendra Scott bracelets and a matching ring for my Mother's Day present at Sharla's, I bought Chandler a sweet lovey and Velveteen Rabbit blanket at Ambrosia's, and mom bought Chandler a precious ivory toned baby gown from Willow House that I just fell in love with! Bethany had fun wedding shopping and getting a few things for Montana and overall it was a great time! Afterward, Bethany and I went to James Avery to pick up the Mother's Day charms for all the mom's and then we stopped at Tiff's Treats to pick up dessert for Marilyn's birthday dinner. We all met up at 11I17 for dinner and to celebrate Marilyn's birthday since we won't be in town on the 16th. 

5-9: Happy Mother's Day! Although I'm technically a mommy now, I just don't really feel like it since my little baby isn't actually here with me yet! Strange, I know! I feel like I'm a mother to be more than an actual mother right now but I guess that's a normal feeling? I know the moment that he's in my arms and we have met face to face, I will definitely feel like Chandler's mommy! To celebrate the moms, we went to the Dallas Arboretum for brunch and to be quiet honest, it was just okay. Of course the grounds were beautiful but it was stifling hot, humid, and crowded! I could have totally passed on it but it was important to mom since she planned it, so I smiled and made the best of it. We were all seated outside, which was miserable in the beginning but thankfully, we had fans above us on a patio that helped cool us off. Overall, we made the best of it, the food was great, the desserts were delicious, and I was really happy to get home, shower, and lay down! 

Unfortunately, Brandon had to head back to Austin for work tomorrow, so he left from Dallas but it worked out and helped him to have a shortened drive back. 

5-10: Bethany and I worked today- she did wedding planning and I worked on thank you cards! We had a cozy day at home and then met Tammy in Sherman for our BLS/ACLS renewal class. All my certifications and licenses are due at the end of the month so I'm trying to get them all done early in case I go into labor soon and to also allow for any delays without leading anything close to expiration. We met at Tracks and wow, it was a delicious as I remember it! I had the grilled chicken sandwich and fried zucchini, which were both great! 

5-11: Back to Austin today and so happy to be home! Tonight we had "Meet the Pedi" night and we finally picked our pediatrician! We are choosing Dr. Wagner at Southwest Pediatrics Association and very happy with our decision. 

5-12: Today we had our second Childbirth Class and just a normal day at home. 

5-13: Today I renewed my Driver's License, another thing due to expire this month, and then Brandon and I went to a cycling event to see his friend, Nef, race. I wasn't really wanting to go but once it got started, I had so much fun! It was like watching a real tour in person! They were so fast and it's crazy how closely they ride together! It was a great evening outdoors and we finished it off with dinner at Mour and had a wonderful little date night together! Brandon swears he had the best cheesecake ever and both of us enjoyed our meals a lot. 





Comments

Popular Posts