Feeling our fall groove! Praise the Lord!
The first hint of fall is here! We have had our first few days of 70-80 degree weather and have enjoyed living outside most days! The kids and I have had the best days playing outside, going to the sand piles, playing in the back yard, Chandler riding his tricycle, and just enjoying a cool front, finally! We have done yard work, visited Stagecoach park, and found any excuse to be outside! Chandler and I have made the sweetest memories each evening once Ruthie goes to bed. I will tuck her in about 7pm and Brandon will stay home watching her, while Chandler and I roam the construction site where the new lazy river and housing edition will be. The sunsets have been some of the most beautiful I have ever seen and we have enjoyed playing until we are worn out! Brandon sneaks out to come too but of-course can't stay long because Ruthie is home sleeping like the precious baby she is.
I am finally, FINALLY, feeling more like myself! I have had some of the lowest and saddest unprovoked moments the past 5 weeks and truly thought my life was over. But, as the Bible promises, our joy comes in the morning, and here I am, feeling like myself again. The plummet of hormones and the not only mental effects, but physical effects, are just dark! It is a cruel and painful process, and above all, very isolating and lonely. I am thankful for Brandon who although is a man and will never truly understand, he does sit with me in the evenings and hears my cries of suffering. He always tells me it's going to be okay, and then gives me his big hug and kisses my forehead. He holds me at night and we try to sneak in some little friendly banter during the day. I'm happy to say that intimately, we are happy! With Ruth sleeping all night and Chandler staying in his bed now all night, PRAISE GOD, we are finding some time for us! Excitedly, I also just booked us a cruise for our 10 year anniversary this December! It'll be affordable but for $500/person, I couldn't pass it up! I know when the day comes, I will struggle to leave the kids for 5 days but they will be with Lovie and I know we will all need the break! It'll be the peak of Christmas season too, so we will all get to enjoy all that the winter time has to offer!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment