4 months old! (October 18th - November 17th)

10-30-21: Mommy had a half day at the hospital today! I was SO excited to get home early and see Chandler! It worked out great and I was able to see Taylor (his nanny) in person again too! Usually, Brandon gets home and relieves the nannies, but this time, I got to visit with her! It was so good seeing her! I'm still so thankful to God to have been led to ask her to be Chandler's nanny! She is so great with him and knowing she lives down the street is an added bonus! Chandler and I spent the day playing! We made a big pallet in the living room floor, opened the windows and back door to let in the beautiful fall air, and we played until it was bath time. We had such a good afternoon together and I am savoring every second with him! 

10-31-21: It's Chandler's first big holiday; Halloween!! He slept through The Fourth of July of-course, in fact I think we all did! We had church today and he got to wear his pumpkin "cutest in the patch" outfit, and then we headed to McKinney! I was really looking forward to seeing family and although traveling with baby is extra hard, I know we'll be happy we made the trip. 

We got to McKinney around 3, stopped at Fuzzy's to eat, Chandler did amazing on the drive and at Fuzzy's! He never fussed once! After, we came to the house and got him dressed in his little "trick-or-treater" costume and can I just say how happy I am that I didn't waste the $70 on a Pottery Barn Halloween costume! I was so close to getting one but seeing as how they were all furry and warm, I didn't think he would be comfortable since it's still relatively warm in Texas. Also the fact that he's four months old and I knew in my heart that he would last about 10 minutes and be ready for quiet time.. and that's exactly what happened! 

11-1-21: Having a lazy and calm morning in McKinney today. We had a little family outing to get diapers and Starbucks, and then Chandler and I enjoyed a front porch morning! The weather is beautiful and I loved rocking him outside. Aunt Lori came and sat with us for a while and I enjoyed the visit! He enjoyed some apples baby food for lunch and now he's is napping in his nursery at Lovie's. Tonight, we are going to La Mesa to see Aunt Nell, Tammy, and Marilyn and then home to Austin tomorrow. As much as I enjoy family, I will be the first one to admit that traveling with a little one is very, very difficult. I'm so thankful mom set up a cozy little nursery for our fella- it has been incredibly helpful, especially since we have started sleep training. Although his schedule is a bit thrown off, the consistency of having a crib has been great! Chandler reached a HUGE milestone last night and slept 6hrs for the first time!! I'm so proud of him and very hopeful that it continues! As much as I looked forward to that happening and imagined I would sleep so great, I actually slept worse than ever! I was so worried about him since he had not woken up but each time I checked on him, he was sleeping so peacefully! I love watching him grow and I also wish it completely away at the same time. My little baby is turning into a little boy! 

11-2-21: We had a great drive home and Chandler slept most of the way! We are loving our new family SUV and finding it so comfortable for travel! We made it to Austin around 2 and since we didn't want to drive back and forth from home to bible study, we just stayed near the Mobley's. In the meantime, we tried a new Chinese food place, a new ice cream place that had dairy free treats, and took a beautiful family walk in the nearby park! It was the best! The weather was beautiful and I loved spending the afternoon wandering around with my boys! We let Chandler try my iced dessert (strawberry kiwi) and he loved it! It was so sweet to see him smacking his lips and smiling! 

Tonight at bible study we rotated around sharing the fruits of the spirit we see in one another. As uncomfortable as it was to hear nice things about myself, I deeply appreciate our group loving so well on one another. Brandon started mine and said the sweetest things about my fruit being "Kindness." It was hard to hold back tears and I was so humbled by his transparency. Joelle said I was gentleness, Mallori said gentleness, Mike said Joy, and Taylor said Peace (if I remember correctly). I felt so well loved and supported. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit who dwells in me and I hope to continue always growing in Christ. 

11-3-21: Chandler slept a 4hr stretch last night before waking up to nurse. I brought him to bed with me and he was the sweetest little thing this morning. He was all snuggles and love! I am so fortunate to be able to stay with him almost every day of the week! I cherish these sweet morning with just him and me. Once we were up, I put him on his playmat and the very first thing he did was fuss! I looked back down and he had already rolled over from his back to tummy! If it wasn't official before, it is now; We officially have a roller!!! He is on the move! 

11-4-21: I woke up sick and today was the pits! Chandler doesn't seem to be feeling too great either but we powered through and now he's asleep in his crib. I'm taking him to the pedi tomorrow to rule out an ear infection since he's been tugging on his left ear for a few days. Afterward, we're going to my doctor for a covid test just to be sure I don't have it! I'm so happy today is over and we're both resting now. Daddy brought home some freshly made apple cider to help comfort me and he watched our little guy so I could make a run to Target for some cough drops and a few other household things we needed. Hoping to feel better soon, and desperately hoping Chandler stays well! He was as sweet as ever tonight! He loved his bath, has now found his right foot/toes and enjoys sucking on them (that was new!), and loves looking in the mirror! He lights up and gets so tickled when he sees himself in the mirror. Brandon said today, "well mom, you were right! I do really like him!" We giggled and agree that we think we're just madly in love with our sweet boy!

11-10-21: Little man and I had a mommy/son day today! I have been sick the past week but am finally feeling better and really ready to get out of the house! Unfortunately, Brandon's back "went out" on him today and it is so sad to see him suffer. In an effort to keep the house quiet and calm so he can rest, Chandler and I got out for one of the first times by ourselves! Until today, we have only been out alone to the pediatrician's office and lactation consultant's office. Today, it just felt right! I felt prepared and ready to brave it by myself! I helped Brandon get settled in bed and then Chandler and I went to BuyBuy Baby. Chandler doesn't need anything at all but I enjoy going there because they are always baby friendly, understanding of babies fussing, and have a beautiful lactation nursery room! We roamed the whole store, I picked a few reasonable toys that we can wrap for him for Christmas, and then we had some mommy and Chandler time nursing before we left. He did so good! When he was fussy, I took him out of his carseat/shopping cart and just held him as we walked the store; He loved it! He was all smiles the whole day! Next, we went to Hobby Lobby and again, he was great! Only fussed when he wanted to be taken out of his seat. I couldn't help but get him his own little Christmas tree for his nursery! It's so cute and his little animal ornaments are adorable! He loved looking at the ornaments with mommy! They stole his attention away! After our busy day, we came home, he had some green beans (one of his favorites) before getting fussy. Knowing he was tired, I took him to the tub and then nursed him to sleep. I thought he would just take a short nap but that sweet baby slept for 2 hours! He woke up around 7:30 and I nursed him again, right back to sleep! This time, he slept a record 5.5 hours before waking up to nurse back to sleep again!! I have stayed up working on student assignments and playing catch up while he and daddy slept. Oddly enough, even though it's 2am, I am enjoying the calm and quiet, and feel so protective over both my boys sleeping in their beds. I'm so joyful with how today went and so thankful I'm feeling better! I also loved being in our new car! I'm so thankful Brandon got us a new vehicle and I love having a mommy car now! Our new Escape is the perfect family car! 

Comments

Popular Posts