39 Weeks and Induction set!
10-19-23: I don't know how it's possible that we are already almost to 40 weeks but we are! I saw Dr. Roger's two days ago for my last baby appointment and everything looks wonderful! We set an induction date for Friday, October 20th, in case I don't go into labor on my own. Just like with Chandler, Dr. Rogers thinks I'll need very little help getting labor going and I agree! I have reached the "miserable" mark and even though I don't feel that toward our little girl, my body is so ready to birth her! She is very low in my pelvis, her kicks are painful at this point, and just moving around is difficult. There is no sleep, lots and lots and lots of painful heartburn, contractions, spotting, and just feeling big! I weigh 143.3 right now, which is just under what I weighed at the same time during my last pregnancy but I just feel huge. Everyone reacts the same "oh my gosh, you're so tiny for term! You look great! You are all baby! You look amazing..." and while I so appreciate the sweet words, I don't feel amazing, ha! I feel like I am ready to go into labor so I can breathe again! Nights are down to just being up/down constantly, full of insomnia, tossing and turning, and not being able to lay comfortably (hence why it is 4:17am and I am blogging and then finishing up assignments for the semester). I'm sure a lot of it is nerves too! I am so very excited to meet Little Ruth but also a bit nervous for everything to go well! I know it will though! I have prayed big prayers for a smooth labor and delivery and I have Brandon at my side!
Mom is coming tonight to stay and keep Chandler so Brandon and I can go to the hospital in the morning at 5am! I am hoping they don't push my induction since I'm a 3.5 dilated and 60% effaced already! I think things will progress quickly and I really want an epidural and to be in the hospital when labor begins! I'm at risk for a precipitous birth and I don't want to be a home birth candidate, lol!
It's amazing to think that in 24 hours, we will be on our way to the hospital and being a family of 4! I am so ready to meet her! I love her so much already and can't wait to bring her home!!
10-20-2023: A little too familiar situation we find ourselves in, ha! We were on track for a 6am induction and more than ready but St. David's North, being St. David's North (the baby factory of Texas), called us at 3:58am and told us to hold off and stay home for now. We were expecting that seeing as how busy they are and how I am an elective induction, and other women definitely have priority over me if they are in spontaneous labor. So, I tried to go back to sleep but of-course the excitement/nerves kept me from sleeping well. I'm so excited to meet our girl! I enjoyed hearing Chandler wake up next to mom, surprised, and saying "ya-ya!" We had swapped after she arrived at 11pm and I slept on the couch since that's where I'm most comfortable with my big pregnancy pillow and she snuck in with Chandler who had already left his room/bed and gone to sleep with me in the queen bed in Ruth's room. Sounds like musical beds in our home these days! I ordered him donuts and then we sat on the front porch enjoying the nice weather! It is so, so nice and I love the fall weather we have right now! Can't think of a better time to have a baby or for someone to have a birthday! Later, mom and Chandler went to the neighborhood park and I took a little nap. I'm not sure when the hospital will call me and if it happens to be tonight, like how it was with Chandler, I would like to have had at least some kind of nap if I'm going to be up the majority of the night. I don't know if my doctor is on for the weekend (today is Friday 4:24pm) or if I'll be under someone else's care? That makes me a little nervous but I know God gives us what we need and what brings glory to His name so I find so much peace in that. He is so good, all the time! I am so happy mom is here and have instantly relaxed knowing she will be with Chandler while we go to the hospital. He is so happy around her and they have the sweetest little relationship! I can't forget to mention that yesterday afternoon, Brandon started not feeling well. Not thinking much of it, we thought it was just an upset stomach and all would be good. ALL was NOT good! That poor man was sick by noon and just about incapacitated by 7pm. We think we traced it back to something he ate versus a GI viral bug but he was really, really suffered! We quarantined him in the master just to be extra safe- I cannot imagine Chandler getting the GI bug right now or myself trying to labor/bring home a newborn with the GI bug! The thought is even upsetting and worrisome! There is nothing like a true stomach flu! We made a backup plan that mom would go to the hospital with me if he didn't perk up but seeing as how we didn't go in, that fortunately ended up giving us extra time and by about 2pm, Brandon was arousing and ready to try some sprite and crackers. It broke my heart to see him so sick and debilitated and he was so disappointed thinking he might not be at the hospital with me. But, God is good! We were delayed today and now Brandon has had extra time to recover. He is still weak but the GI part has seemingly passed and he is keeping down some food now. Talk about a wild course of events! Yesterday morning, we were playing with Chandler in his room while getting him ready for school and planning induction at 6am; yesterday evening we were coming up with plan B to get baby Ruth here and someone be with me in the hospital, as well as take care of Chandler at home; and today we were told to stay home and wait! Whew! Baby Ruth you already have a unique and special birth story! I know you're getting ready to join the big world though, I can tell! I have passed mucous, has light spotting, had some true contraction (not many but definitely having a few), and am just waiting on you to get here! I enjoyed a wonderful hot bath this morning and some self care, and now we are just waiting on instructions from the hospital. I've enjoyed your movements and kicks today, paying special attention that this is it, little girl! I will miss your kicks but I will so enjoy knowing and loving you for your whole life! I will miss our peaceful pregnancy but also rejoice that God has brought us to completion at 39 weeks and 5 days! I can't believe it! So, until they call, daddy and I are sitting on the couch just watching tv and holding hands, enjoying the calm yet changing aura of the home, and Lovie and Chandler are taking a late nap in our bed. I have loved being your safe place, your womb, your place of growth, and your mommy! I can't wait to meet you soon! Lord, please bring Ruth into this world safely and peacefully! Will you guide our staff and caregivers, will you give me strength and courage, and will your joy and plan pour out over us in the hours/days to come and Ruth is born. Amen!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment