38 Weeks!
There is a new air in our home! Not only has fall started to greet us with cooler temps and overcast days but our home definitely has that "waiting on baby" feel! We are all calm, content, and there is just something different- a gentle angst but joyful too, lots of laughter, and so much love. It happened about this time with Chandler and sure enough, it's present again!
Today was a great day! Brandon and I dropped Chandler off at school and he is loving it! He marched right in to his classroom and never looked back! It made us so happy and definitely made for a smooth drop-off. Next, we had what may be our very last baby appt together! We saw Little Ruth on sonogram for a bpp and then met with Dr. Rogers. It hit me in the waiting room that this might be the last time I have an ultrasound or baby appt! If it's not the last time, it's definitely nearing the last time. It's been a wonderful journey and will be bittersweet when I truly realize (I'm sure after-the-fact) that I'm done having babies. I weighed 144.2 and am dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced. I absolutely knew it! A few weeks ago, when I had a morning of spotting for no known reason, I just knew I was starting to dilate. Dr. Rogers offered to sweep membranes but we said not today, maybe next week when we're a little closer to due date! I am so grateful to God that my body is once again responding well and naturally getting ready for labor. I am starting to get nervous but am also so very excited to meet my little girl! Our appointment was good and I'm so thankful we got to go together and experience one last baby appointment. Little Ruth measured 6lbs 3oz, which is just about what she measured 2 weeks ago, give or take. I can totally do this!
After our appointment, we had a day date and went downtown. Brandon had to stop for one appointment but then the day was ours! It was so nice to be out with him undistracted and just spending quality time together. We walked around downtown and the weather was beautiful! Next, we went to Hula Hut and I had their delicious shrimp tacos and we just sat and enjoyed the day, the water, the weather, and each other's company. After, it was time to go get our boy! The best part of the week! We picked him up and all headed home! I went out again to do a grocery pick up, complete with a weeks worth of quick meal ingredients to help with the tough newborn days, and to pick up my bath and body work order. I got just a few fall/winter candles to have when the home needs to feel extra cozy in the weeks/months to come. We ended the day as a family just being together at home. Brandon watched baseball and did dishes, Chandler ran around getting all our applause and attention, and I worked on getting the bottles and my breast-pump sterilized and ready for use. I've had a lot of cramping and bleeding since being checked today but hospital bags are packed just in case it happens tonight! Trusting God with this whole process, for guidance, wisdom, and rest in Him regarding my body, my ability, and the when the big day will be. I love knowing that He knows when Ruth is coming and I have no idea. I know He is faithful and can be trusted with her little life and her safe entrance into the world on exactly the day He has planned for her. Thank you Lord for our little miracle girl!
10-11-2023: Waking up to an overcast, lightly sprinkling day just make me happy! Chandler came and got in bed with me about 2am (I was in the queen bed in Ruth's room since I was up/down with heartburn) and I just love it when that happens. We snuggled and he is so sweet! He'll wake up to make sure I'm still there and then fall back asleep. He slept later than me but I just held him and enjoyed each breath he took. There was something so special about feeling him next to me in my arms and feeling Little Ruth kicking. I am so thankful for this morning and waking up with so much joy.
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment