30 Weeks!
8-13-2023 I am 30 weeks today with our girl! We are officially going strong in our third trimester and aside from some heartburn, we feel great! We have booked maternity photos with Brandon and Chandler, newborn in-home photography, and I will also be visiting Marie again for maternity boudoir to capture sweet images with just baby Ruth and I.
Chandler and I had a lazy morning today while Brandon went to church. Chandler has been sick the past 3 days and while he is feeling better, he is still puny and we're not sure it's safe for him to be around other kiddos yet. It breaks our hearts when he's sick but fortunately, I was off this weekend so extra cuddles it was! He and I slept in the guest bed in little Ruth's nursery so I could keep a close eye on his fever and be there when he woke up not feeling well. Yesterday, he woke up a little better so I took the opportunity to get out of the house and leave Brandon on daddy duty for about 4 hours! I needed it! I am so thankful our babies have a good daddy that knows how to care for them and encourages me getting away sometimes. Being 105 degrees outside and just miserable, I knew I was going to do something indoors! I got myself a yummy iced coffee and drove south! I happened to find a Sam's so I ran in to finish my membership and had a nice stroll around. Then I went to the pottery barn outlet and while the outlet mall was really crowded, I had a great 2 hours shopping and it was very refreshing to get out! I found Baby Ruth the most beautiful pink crib blanket and I also picked up some beautiful linen for my bed in her room! I am so excited to be working in the nursery. The sweetest thing happened! I got a notification on my phone and Brandon venmo'd me $200 with the sweetest note that said "Go buy yourself something nice!" Now that is a wonderful husband! I wasn't going to get my linen but Brandon made it possible. I had the best time putting my bed together and know it will be a safe/cozy spot for Ruth and I on those long nights. It's already being used as Chandler and I spent a few nights in there while he's been sick so I can watch his temperature while he's sleeping and also be right next to him if he wakes up upset. Thank you Brandon! He is such a good provider and selfless man!
Little Chandler has reached a new milestone! Brandon and I decided he is ready to go to a school type setting so we have enrolled him in the Mother's Day Out Program at Woodlawn Baptist Church! After lots of networking and reviewing, we think it is the perfect fit and know he will thrive! I am already cringing at the thought of taking him the first few times but I know that he is ready and I don't want my own selfishness to limit his learning or interaction with other children. He will go September - May, Tuesday and Thursday 9-2, and we can unenroll if for any reason he is not doing well. I think started before Ruth comes will help provide him with routine, consistency, and confidence. I am so excited to see him grow and learn more about Jesus in the church setting! I hope he loves it!!
Big praise! I went to my portal to see if my $883 ultrasound bill had been adjusted to reflect insurance and although I had a feeling it wouldn't be, it showed a ZERO balance! I sure am happy this morning and really hoping it's a reflection of insurance being rebilled correctly and not just a glitch of some sort. Thank you Lord!!!
8-15-23: I got the greatest gift tonight! About 9pm, little Chandler crawled into my lap and nestled into my chest while I was laying on the couch with Brandon watching baseball. The house was calm and cozy, and all was well. Chandler had been watching his construction truck show in "Daddy's Spot" and I was just about to get up and take him to bed when he came to find me. He tossed and turned for a minute or two, I hummed "Stand By Me" (our song) and he fell fast asleep with one arm on my chest and one arm cuddling Baby Ruth. I have never gone to bed with such a fulfilled heart before! After the game, both boys were sleeping. I got Chandler transitioned to his big boy "new bed" and then sent Brandon to our bed. I stayed cozy in my spot on our big beautiful couch since my heartburn was bad, but ohhh my heart was full. Thank you Lord. I will never forget tonight.
8-16-23: Swim school today and then dinner at the new place, Willy's, as a family. It was a great meal and I enjoyed getting out! I'm starting to feel very big and "full," which has me feeling a bit ick but I'm so happy Ruth is growing well and looks good! Small price to pay for our baby girl! We've had a good week so far and highlights include Chandler getting a hair cut, feeling back to normal, and a mommy-and-me date to Chili's after a day at the library! He had his first mini molten cake and loved it! I so enjoy sharing these little memories with Chandler and having this precious time together before Baby Ruth comes.
Otherwise, it's back to school time for me so I've had meetings and class setup for the fall, but I'm looking forward to the shorter semester since I'll be stepping away early to have Ruth. I know the next 8-10 weeks are going to fly by but I'm ready to meet my daughter and complete our little family! The nursery is coming together and just about done! I got her beautiful rug in today and it looks amazing in her room!! I love her space and can't wait to have her here!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment