Chandler is 23 months old! I'm 17.5 weeks pregnant!
5-18-23: I can't believe that in 30 days, we will have a 2 year old! Brandon said today during our marriage meeting "I can't believe he's not a baby anymore. He's a little boy. It's so depressing but also good that he's growing like he should." My sentiments exactly! Breaks my heart to see him get bigger but I also rejoice in the Lord that he is doing so amazingly well at reaching his milestones. Today was a very big day for little Chandler! I dismantled and washed his car seat cover, got it all fresh and clean, put back together (with some YouTube help, ha), and installed his car seat again... FORWARD FACING! Never in a million years did I think that repositioned a car seat would make me cry but oh-boy, it did. He has surpassed the weight, and is just shy of 2yrs, which means it's safe to be forward facing! I was so excited to put him in and after looking confused, he was so happy! It is so fun to be able to reach back and touch his little foot or see his little face in the rear-view mirror. He was getting so squished rear facing, but now has much more room and is sitting like a big boy! We had a special day together so Brandon could do virtual appointments, uninterrupted. We went by the house and we have brick!! It looks incredible and I am starting to actually get very excited! Seeing it come together and the brick on just makes it seem real! While we are really budgeting and "house poor," we are also excited and trusting that the Lord is good to see this through. We are being as responsible with our finances as possible and trusting in Him. He made this happen and I know will see it to completion. We went to my favorite coffee shop in Buda, Summermoon, and had a little mommy and me breakfast. He loved the hashbrowns I grabbed from McDonald's and I enjoyed a long overdue Halfmoon latte! I had the best company and love sharing these little moments with him! Next, we went to Wal Mart for some essentials and to pick up stuff for a taco bar for Community Group tonight. We were both ready to come home and after a little fuss, he went straight to sleep for a nap.
He is starting to really put phrases together now and it is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He will say "I exxccitted (makes me cry like a baby when he says this one)," "boo boo on foot," and has started saying "mommy, mommy, mommy," daddy, daddy!" He's switched from "momma, dadda, to mommy, daddy." We just adore him and getting to know him more every single day!
I am definitely feeling little Ruth move and it is the all-too-familiar- feeling that I have been missing and am so happy to have again! It's very faint and almost mistakable for a tummy rumble but I know when it happens, that it's her. I can't believe I'm going to have a daughter! That sounds so right and yet so strange to me, all at the same time! I love her so much already and can't wait to know her! I really starting feeling the obvious little taps on Mother's Day but I know that I first felt her a few weeks ago at the hospital when I was on 4C at the computer in the dictation room. It was the sweetest little "tap" sensation and I knew that it was her! That was on April 22nd in the late morning/early afternoon hours.
5-19-23: Summer is here and we are ready! We're in the part of the year where we are just going to smell like sunscreen and bug spray until fall! We have breakfast and then get outside for a new adventure almost everyday. Today, we played at the dog park, Chandler got to play on the bridge, and he had his first introduction to a turtle. He was fascinated with the funny animal laying in the mud. Next, we of-course had to go see the construction site (the condos being built next door) and look at the big trucks. Since it was hot and we were so close, we strolled right into the gas station and little Chandler got to pick out an ice cream! He chose a cookie sandwich and little did he know how happy he was about to be! He was so precious eating his ice cream as we strolled home to relax before nap time. He is very into watching and imitating us so today, he put his pony on the couch and said "night night," and then gave kisses. Then, he said "mommy, kiss" and then gave me all the sweet kisses I could take! It melted my heart and I even got it on video! I love him so much!
I rocked him to sleep for nap and then Brandon got home just in time to put him in the crib for me, and then I got to go on a great (yet hot) 30 minute run! It felt amazing and I'm so happy I got it in. I want to stay as healthy as I can this pregnancy for myself and baby Ruth. We finished the day with a family trip to Buda splash pad and played for almost 2 hours. It was so great just playing as a family. We grabbed dinner on the way home, had a late meal, and quick bath, and then I rocked little Chandler to sleep at 9pm. We all slept amazing and I am thankful for such a wonderful week.
5-20-23: Still excited from all the fun yesterday, I woke up so happy. Brandon went to ride and Chandler and I went for a park walk. It turned out to be a little more windy and overcast than was comfortable but we played for an hour and then came home. This weather has me starting to feel a little ick, or maybe it's the hormones, or maybe it's that I have to work tomorrow and have to miss church and Sunday with my family. Either way, thankful to be home this Saturday and not at clinical!! The semester went by really fast but I am glad it's finished and I can be home on Saturday's for now!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment