Chandler is 22 months! I'm 13 weeks pregnant!
4-18-23: Our little guy is 22 months! He grows every day and continues to amaze us with how smart he is! It's been a very rough week in our home and now Brandon and I have strep! We are all being treated now so hopefully, healing is in the near future. As much as I avoid treating family members, I called in my first Rx for a family member and that was Amoxicillin for Brandon. I didn't see the sense of him going to wait in a sick waiting room when he has classic symptoms and Chandler and I have tested positive. I am thankful for my degree and license, as well as education, to be able to take care of my family and call in Rx's if the need absolutely arises. It was easier than I thought it would be, or maybe I was just intimated to have to do a call instead of an electronic order. First time for everything though! I'm feeling awful but in this mess of all being so sick, we got a big piece of joy yesterday! We got to see tiny baby and had our NT scan. Praise Jesus, everything looks great and baby is right on track. I did all the first trimester labs including the gender! A few more days and we will know if you are baby girl or baby boy! We can't wait to find out! Chandler was such a good boy at the long appointment and I always love when Brandon comes too. They are both so handsome and I'm so proud to be next to them :) Afterward, we came home and had a lazy evening, then Chandler and I went for our evening walk and a trip to the park. I feel crummy but I am so overjoyed to see him feeling better! He still has moments where he is more fussy than normal or disinterested in playing but we're working through it. He's gotten way too much TV time and junk food so we'll be working hard to reverse some of that this week as he continues to feel better. The diet change back to normal is easy now that his throat isn't hurting and he's up for eating meals again but he is enjoying a little too much TV! Yikes!
4-21-23: We are on the mend! Finally! I am waking up feeling better and Chandler is acting more and more like himself. Brandon is almost back to normal too, which makes me so happy. Yesterday I had a SIM day at the college and as much as I didn't want to go, once I got up and going, I actually found it very refreshing to get out for a few hours. I took the opportunity to try a new coffee shop, Bennu Coffee by Highland Campus and it was great! I grabbed my fellow instructor, Maegan, a latte as well and really enjoyed the 10 minutes we got to sit and visit with one another. SIMS was good, nothing thrilling, but I found the time outside the house peaceful and was able to also run a few errands on the way home. We ended the day with Community Group and I made some very yummy tacos! We were tired but so glad we hosted anyway. Today, I woke up feeling well enough to Peloton and I just love my early morning alone time on the bike and got a good arm workout in too. I had about an hour to myself to clean up the house, get some coffee, and just think for a few moments. The morning got going, which brings me to now, and all is peaceful! It's a rainy dreary day, which I love, and mom just got here as well. Starting my day off with a good workout just sets the pace for a wonderful day. I work all weekend but I don't mind and I look forward to making money.
4-22-23: I'm 14 weeks today!! At the hospital today, only three clinical days left until Summer and I am so looking forward to it! We had a fun yet calm day yesterday, got outside a bit, went to see the new house and it's coming along so beautifully, and then ran to the mall for a return. Chandler had fun seeing the big Build-A-Bear again and riding in the little red mall cars for kids. We all shared a chocolate chip cookie and Chandler was so excited. We ended the day at home, mom made her famous Goulash and it was like stepping back into 1995, ha! I so enjoyed her company and am so glad she made the surprise last minute decision trip to see us. I didn't want her to come so she wouldn't be exposed, but wow, a day with her has filled my heart with joy and restoration!
4-24-23: A special day indeed!!! Today, Chandler and I met with his allergist, Dr. Hollander to go over his egg allergy. He gave us the continued all-clear to keep doing baked egg products and then wrote for lab-work so we can assess if he is ready to try eating egg again. I didn't have the heart to take him for a lab draw and Dr. Hollander was totally fine with that (told me to go whenever we want to), because I just can't stand the thought of him being hurt. After the doctor visit, we celebrated with a mommy-and-me breakfast at La Madeline and had the sweetest little time just the two of us. Chandler is so sweet and at such a fun age. We sat in our own private room and enjoyed avocado toast, croissant, and he of-course got to pick out a chocolate chip cookie from the beautiful dessert case and he loved it! Then, we went to Barnes and Noble and played with toys, read books, and he fell in love with the little toy train station. We played until nap time and then headed home to rest. On the way home, I had missed a call from AAOBGYN. I had a voicemail from the nurse to give her a call back so I immediately wondered if everything was okay but also was very curious if they had gender results! The nurse did the same with Chandler and had the results so I was hopeful that this time was the same. Brandon just so happened to be at home when we got there and Chandler had fallen asleep on the way home. I tucked Chandler in his crib and then called the nurse back. It was 12:30 so I was extra surprised when she picked up the nurse line! EEEKK! I told her who I was and that I was just returning her call, and at the same time I went into the office where Brandon was working. I put her on speaker phone so he could hear and sure enough, she said "Ohh yes, I have results for you. I also have the gender!" I asked Brandon "are you ready?!" He, as caught off guard as me that we were about to find out right then and there, said "oh, yup!" I said "okay! We are ready, we want to know!" She clarified again and then while I had braced myself by holding onto Brandon's back while he was sitting down, she said "it's looks like you guys are having a baby GIRL!" OH. MY. GOSH!!! I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE IT!!! I squealed "oh my gosh!! Awwww! Okayyyyy! That's awesome!" and was excitedly patting Brandon's back like "did you hear that?!" He smiled his silly goofy smile and let out a giggle! We thanked her and then he gave me a big kiss! We congratulated each other on being a girl mom and girl dad and then he had to get back to work. It was a sweet little moment and I'm so thankful we got to share it together! Just the two of us, on a Monday afternoon, in our own home! Now, it really feels real!!! So many things were going through my mind, and so so quickly! "Oh my gosh! I thought girl, but I also could see her saying boy, wow! A girl! A baby girl! Bows and ribbons! Brandon is going to just melt with a daughter!" Also new fears of how to protect a little girl and teach her how valuable she is and how to stand up for herself! How to educate her, how to guide her, how to lead her, how to encourage her, on and on! So, so many things rapidly going through my mind and SO much joy!!! I remember standing in the kitchen with my heart just pounding still! So much excitement! I remember thinking about all the boy names that had just suddenly become irrelevant and also editing my baby registry to remove the boy items and keep the girly items! I remember instantly feeling connected to my daughter and that our bond intensified greatly in just a matter of a moment! Brandon must have been overjoyed too because he came to find me and celebrate with the sweetest mid-day love that we've had in a very long time! ;) We had a very good day together, to say it candidly! After nap time, Chandler and I were watching a little bit of his favorite construction truck show and Brandon came in to love on us. He said "hey buddy, are you excited to have a little sister?! And are you excited to have a little girl?" "I nodded a big yes and said "yes!" I asked him is he was excited and he said "I'm afraid she's going to make me a big softie!" He is just going to be lost in love with a little girl! I can't wait to see them together.
4-25-23: Another day of fun! I took little Chandler to Pikopy's Town while daddy went to work and then he and I picked up yummy soup/sandwiches lunch from The Soup Peddler, which I've been wanting to try for years but always forget about, and then went home to enjoy our lunch. Brandon got home just in time to enjoy some of it with us and it was a great meal for an overcast day! I love doing things with Chandler and am trying to cherish every single moment that it's just he and I, before baby sister gets here. Of-course we are so overjoyed and can't wait to meet her too!
4-26-23: Brandon finished work early and told us to get ready for Chuck E. Cheese! We were the first and only ones there and it's so fun to see Chandler run around and want to play with the games/cars. We ate lunch, played, and Chandler even got to see Chuck E! I thought he would be scared but nope! Just like the Easter Bunny, he was so excited and ran right up to him! Gave him a big high five and then followed him around for a bit. Brandon and I loved seeing him light up and Brandon was sure to get a few great pics of it! Back at home, I had DG with Joelle on facetime, Chandler napped, and then we enjoyed a nice evening together. Chandler started getting a rash today and I fear that it's either to cleaning supplies, some trace of egg (I really hope not), or the Amoxicillin he finished on Sunday. I can't stand when my little guy is feeling bad or things are going on with him. It breaks my heart that I can't fix it!
4-27-23: Today was one of the extra special days in life! I had SIMS this morning, which went well. Not my favorite task but also enjoy getting out of the house and visiting with ACC colleagues and students outside the hospital. It was a short 4 hour SIM so just the right amount. After, I went to The Domain to pick up special ordered gender reveal cupcakes!! We are going to have a sweet little gender reveal surprise party tonight at Community Group and can't wait to share our joy with everyone! I've been so excited but now I'm REALLY excited! There's just something about the little celebrations that make being pregnant that much more special! Then there's also the fact that this baby will be our last so although we're not huge on attention and don't really love getting a lot of attention, I'm also completely devoted to celebrating each little moment of this beautiful pregnancy is very big ways! I want to remember each moment forever and share with my daughter the beauty of our journey together! I made a nice dinner of orzo pilaf (one of my favorite summer dishes by Giada), and Paula Deen's famous meatloaf! Chandler took a long nap and Brandon cycled, so I had a few hours of alone time to just enjoy cooking, prepping for the party, and even getting to listen/video baby girl's heart beat on our home ultrasound device. It was such a wonderful afternoon!
Everyone came over about 6:20 and were so happy to see the cupcakes and pink/blue balloons. We had a great dinner together and then Stephanie said "so can I just eat a cupcake yet?! I need to know!" Ha! Yes! We took votes on boy/girl and even grabbed a sweet little video of everyone saying what their prediction was! A big bite in and everyone started getting excited! Stephanie yelled with surprise, "girl!" Everyone was so happy and we loved the special moment with our sweet friends! We finished the night with Genesis 13 and prayer requests. I love that we host CG and am thankful for the opportunities God has given us to open our home to church members.
4-28-23: This have been a great week! I am feeling better and better, more energy, less nausea, and back on the Peloton! Brandon is happy and healthy, cycling like a pro, and enjoying life. Chandler has been doing wonderful except for a reaction that gave us a big challenge for 48 hours- turned out to be erythema multiform and after a confirmation with pedi, our little guy is PCN allergic! He can't have PCN or Amoxicillin now and I feel so bad for him that he has spent 2 days fighting what I can only imagine to be such a stingy, fiery, itching kind of pain! We have done everything possible and had the Epi pen ready to go once it started showing up on his little face. It was misery for him but we stayed the course and finally, he is looking better and less itchy. I know he feels bad when he doesn't even want to take a bath! He cried and cried "noooo" when I was getting his bath ready on Thursday, so I listened to him and just snuggled him in bed instead. He's feeling better though and I'm so thankful for that. Today was a big day for us! We finally got to go into our NEW HOME! Right now, it's the frame but it was so special to finally be standing in our home and I loved seeing Chandler run around! I met with the construction manager and the salesman to go over a few things like where the security wiring is, the insulation type, and things of that nature and then Brandon came to despite having to re-work some work issues. He was set on coming and when I offered that he didn't need to, he sweetly said "no, I still want to come see you two and just be together in our house." How sweet! We had so many laughs watching Chandler run around our home and it just felt wonderful being in our home together. The builder anticipates a September move in, which would be wonderful with baby sister coming in October. We do expect some delays though but either way, it's coming soon!
4-29-23: I'm 15 weeks today and definitely feeling the joy of the second trimester! It's the best!! I'm at the hospital today on our second to last clinical day! I'm so happy! We've had a busy morning but now things are settled and I'm able to sit and get caught up while students begin to take their breaks. I am excited to end our day with a case study and tell them I'm pregnant! It's such a special time and I'm getting more and more excited, especially now that I'm feeling more like my self and less flu-like all the time. I'm thrilled to tell them my news today and then next week, I'll have a simple little gender reveal on our last day!
In post conference, I gave them a case study, unbeknownst to them, about myself and pregnancy symptoms. Cecilia got it immediately but she had also had a little insight from Charmaine :) The others were so confused until Cecilia asked if she could answer and of-course I said yes! She said "She's your patient! Brandy is!" They still were confused and then the lightbulbs went off, ha! They were so excited and it was a fun little thing to do to help celebrate our baby girl! I told them they all had to come back to clinical next week if they wanted to know the gender!
5-1-23: Chandler has been struggling with some tantrums and outbursts when he gets frustrated so instead of fighting it today, we leaned in and decided to just get out of the house! He had a few time outs and I decided we should just get outside and redirect! We had a great two hour adventure outside, took off in the wagon to the dog park, strolled around, saw the ducks, the trash/recycle trucks, and ventured down to the trails and the little park, and then headed home for a good nap! He's napping now while Brandon and I had a quick lunch together, and now I'm doing a few other things. I bought baby girls first items today! Two beautiful knot gowns from BabyBeMine Maternity and they are so precious! One is a beautiful floral pink and one is a calm floral gray pattern. I just love shopping for her already! I also bought Chandler's birthday present for his big 2nd birthday! I got him the Lalo table and chair set and I know he is just going to love it! It is right up his ally and I can only imagine how many hours we will spend at his little table and chair. It will take the place of the rocker in his room once we move into the new home and the rocker will go into the new nursery.
5-2-23: Today was wonderful! The weather is warming up but not too warm just yet! Makes for wonderful cool mornings and great days! This morning was a bit overcast and a tad misty but made for the perfect morning walk for Chandler and I. We get out as much as we can and enjoy the outdoors. We went to the smaller park today across the street and enjoyed being there all by ourselves. We played for a while and then strolled home. Once home, we did a little yard work, filled up the bird bath, and played outside. Next was bath time, story time, and nap time. Brandon got home in the meantime and because he had some appointments, I couldn't Peloton so instead, I went to run!! It was amazing and felt so good to be running again! It will always be my first love but of-course takes a back seat because it's hard to squeeze in. The Peloton, I love too, and can do it when Chandler naps but running outdoors is a special treat these days. I used the Peloton app and found a great outdoor running playlist/class and loved every second. I was stronger than I thought and got in a good 2 miles before getting tired. Brandon decided he wouldn't cycle today so I took the opportunity to get out for some much needed me-time! I had the best two hours! I always miss Chandler when I'm not with him, but I'm also able to get so much done when I can get out by myself for a bit. I went to bath and body works to pick up my candle order, which I was very happy for since it's been a long time since I ordered candles! I waited on a sale and also have avoided spending the money since we have the house and baby to focus on. However, I do love having a good candle burning in our home- just makes it extra cozy. Next, I popped into Party City to take a quick peak at the Gender Reveal section, which was shockingly overpriced and also disappointing. Further solidified our plans for how we announce and reveal baby girl to our family. I did happen to find a big "2" sign for Chandler and bought it with the idea that I can do his 2yr photos myself at the beautiful park nearby with all the blooming wildflowers. Next, I went to Starbucks and got my favorite lemon slice pasty, which I never do because of the calories, and the new Brown Sugar Oatmilk iced latte, which had very few calories so it evened out. I enjoyed both way to much and savored the flavors, yum! I finished my outing with a stop to Sephora and got a new powder, bronzer, and my free birthday gift. I so enjoyed my time out and was also happy to get home to the boys.
5-3-23: Happy 38th birthday to ME!! Boy was it an emotional, maybe the most emotional, birthday I've ever had!!! I don't know if I've ever been truly shocked, like really really thrown way off course, or my intuition been so wrong, but Brandon really got me this time!!! Like really, really got me!! I didn't sleep great because Chandler woke up at midnight, upset, and took a few hours to really get back to sleep. I didn't mind, of-course, and completely enjoyed the snuggles in his crib, but I was a little tired and didn't get to Peloton to start the day off. That's totally okay though! I can't imagine a better start to my day than by comforting our sweet boy and getting in those morning snuggles. The day got started and I was surprised when Brandon made no mention of my birthday, not even his normal "Happy Merry Christmas" silliness. He was quick to jump into work and then out the door for appointments. I was feeling really disappointed and overlooked at this time but grace is so important so I thought I'd just move on with the morning and let him have a peaceful work day without me saying anything about my birthday. I didn't want to do nothing so I got Chandler dressed and we went to The Hive for a morning play date. We were the only ones there for a while and we enjoyed fresh fruit, a muffin, and I had a yummy latte while he had milk. I loved spending the hour with him playing but I couldn't help but be disappointed that Brandon still didn't say anything or call by now. Several family had text me happy birthday so I knew I wasn't crazy, today is my birthday, and I'm starting to think my husband forgot! When the playground started to get a bit crowded, we came home. We pulled in the garage and I started crying. Quietly of course and only for a moment but I was really feeling upset. Like what a sad birthday to not celebrate with your husband! We didn't even make in the house before Chandler wanted to go "oussidde" so we played in the yard and then took off walking, one of his very favorite things to do! We strolled the neighborhood for a long time until he started wanting me to carry him, and then we came home. It was close to noon so we read books and then it was naptime. In the meantime, Brandon had gotten home and was in a virtual appointment so I got ready to go for a run. I was on the way out when he was finishing his appointment so I waited to tell him I was going to run while Chandler was napping. He said sure and acted like no big deal. I broke down! "You forgot," I cried with tears coming now. He played confused but then seeing how sad I was, he said "babe, I didn't forget. Come in here and get your present." I was so confused and upset that he was messing with me, and still not sure he wasn't trying to play off that he forgot my birthday. He sat me down and said "I was going to wait until tonight but you're so upset so I want you to have this now." He played me a 21 minute video of him, Chandler, and all our friends and family individually, frame by frame, wishing me a happy birthday and saying what I mean to them. Now, I was really crying! It was the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me. The work and effort that went into this is intense and he made it just perfect. Emotional rollercoaster to say that least! I was completely in awe and gratitude of his gift and then he told me we had dinner/movie plans too. I should have known he was messing with me, which I did, but the longer the day went by, the more questions I started having. With everything completely amazing now, I went for a two mile run, got ready, and then Stephanie came over to watch Chandler. Brandon and I had the most amazing dinner at Carve and saw Air, which was a great movie! I so enjoyed our time together, getting out and about just the two of us, getting to wear my new blue summer dress from Tommy Bahama that mom got me, and just feeling special and pretty! Most of all, I loved spending an evening with my husband! It was also so nice to get home and Chandler be in bed asleep and we had to do was lay down and rest. It truly was a very wonderful birthday 48 hours and an even better birthday surprise! I can't believe I ever questioned Brandon's attention and I am also blown away by his kindness and goodness toward me. I'm such a lucky woman and he is such a sweet, ornery, husband!
5-4-23: Waking up today feeling refreshed, encouraged, rejuvenated, and just so thankful for my family and sweet husband! I just feel great! I feel recharged and so inspired by the joy that I feel after spending an evening alone with Brandon. So super thankful today! Chandler woke up at 5, upset and thirsty, so after a little milk, I crawled in his crib with him (one of my favorite things to do early in the midnight hours and also so incredibly thankful that I can give him the comfort he needs), and snuggled him until he fell back to sleep. He slept so peacefully snuggled up to my face and his little hands on my neck. I wanted to sleep but also couldn't make myself stop watching him. He is the most precious thing and I'm so thankful to be his mommy. He had a very big moment this morning that I just have to mention! I was in the living room and Brandon in the office, Chandler comes running in saying "tee-tee, poop," which we now know means "mom and dad better run fast!" We both met him in the hall and of-course he was naked. I followed him, looking for his diaper and any mess he made, but couldn't see anything. He led me into our bathroom and kept saying "poop, poop." Sure enough, he had taken off his diaper in time, used his little potty chair to poop, dumped it into our big potty, and came to get us so we could see it. He is SO smart and we made the biggest deal about his major progress. It was so sweet and we are insanely proud of him! Now, we are "outside, outside" and he is playing with his trucks and I'm enjoying coffee/blogging. Brandon was so sweet this morning and the hollered "baby! We did it!" I had no clue what he was talking about so I went to the office and asked. He told me he was expecting the years first big busy season paycheck and all our budgeting and frugalness had paid off. We made it through the hard months! Thank you, Jesus. Before nap time, we had a grocery pickup and then it was back home to get ready for community group. It was a wonderful night and everyone celebrated my birthday with so much love! It was humbling and I so appreciated all the kindness.
5-5-23: Today, we got stuff done! I had a lot of errands that I really didn't want to face but decided we should just get in the car and go! So, we did! We first went to the Domain so I could make a bra exchange and as soon as we got out of the car and started strolling, we were both so happy! Chandler was a trooper and I loved being out and about with him on a warm spring morning. We were just about to head to our next stop when Brandon called and to our surprise, we were both at the Domain! He was getting ready for DG but we just had to meet up! We walked over to Perry's and as soon as we turned the corner, Chandler saw his daddy and was all smiles. It was the sweetest moment! We got to cool off inside Perry's, have some of their delicious creamed spinach, and get some time with daddy before Nathan came. We said our goodbye and it was all perfect timing. Back to the car, Chandler was asleep in a matter of minutes and I was off to Round Rock Donuts to pick up the special order of Gender Reveal Cupcakes for my students! I fell in love with downtown Round Rock and was so happy to be on a new little exploration. The town was adorable and I spotted several places I'd like to go back to, including a splash pad and pizza shop that Chandler would love! I picked up the cupcakes at the world famous Round Rock Donuts and they were so beautiful! I was actually shocked at how pretty they were and amazed at the affordable cost! For $28, I wasn't expecting much seeing as how most places charge $60-$100 dollars for a dozen cupcakes now, but they really impressed me! On the way back home, I made up my mind that we were going to take on finding the SAFE women's and children's donation center, and we were successful! I was so happy to be able to donate so many great baby clothes and women's items that I know are needed! Happy to have that done! We got home late afternoon and since Chandler had had a good nap in the car, he was ready to play. We went to the splash pad and after a little adventure of trying to find a different once, since Buda amphitheater splash pad was apparently closed for maintenance, we were successful. Chandler was a little scared of it at first but got more comfortable as the evening passed. We had a wonderful time together and were both ready for bed when we got home. I enjoy productive days so much! I finished the day with a quick trip to Randall's to pick up some brownies for the nurses and wouldn't you know, I saw Charmaine and Alfred there! I just love her so much and am so thankful that God allowed our paths to cross! She is so joyful and her happiness is contagious! I am so blessed to work with someone so wonderful.
5-6-23: I made it! Today is the last clinical day of the spring semester, and I am thrilled! It's been a great group but I will admit that I struggled this semester with being as outgoing as I normally am, or at least that's how I felt. The semester started with papa passing away, the months of nausea and feeling flu like with this pregnancy, then a week of strep and feeling miserable... it just wasn't the easiest semester but I did it! Big thanks to a good group and of-course, Charmaine! I couldn't do it without her! Our students surprised us with the sweetest gifts- a bag with goodies, a summermoon candle, target giftcard, lotion, candy, etc. I appreciate it so much but what really touches my heart are the sweet cards and words of gratitude. It helps me stay motivated to be the best professor that I can be! The day was great and easy! We met at noon for lunch together and presentations, but the students couldn't wait to get their cupcakes and find out the gender! I tried to record it but the angle of my computer wouldn't capture the room well. Julian and Rose both voted boy, and Lauren, Torrie, Cecilia, Alyssa, and Kate all voted girl! They bit in and were so happy to see PINK! It was fun to share this with them and see their joy. After presentations, we said goodbye and I ran to Old Navy in search of a gender reveal dress to wear home for Mother's Day. I didn't find a dress but I did get a few t-shifts on sale and two comfy pants to wear. I wasn't ready for the flood of emotions and reality that hit me when I turned a corner and saw all the baby and little girl clothes. Wow! Wow! I wanted to cry tears of joy! It hit me hard that this is real and I'm having a little girl! I am overly excited and joy is pouring from my heart. That was a wonderful moment and made me so warm and fuzzy! After, I came home to my boys! I'm ready for summer break, more time with my boys, more time to focus on my little girl and pregnancy, and just having my Saturday's free for a while.
5-8-23: It's appointment day! I love appointment day! Since it was just a routine one, we decided I'd go and get some alone time while Brandon stayed home to do some work and watch Chandler while he napped. It worked out perfectly! I deeply enjoyed my drive and ease of getting around, loved seeing Baby Girl Ruth, she was a very active little girl on the ultrasound today, enjoyed visiting with Dr. Rogers, and especially loved my trip to SummerMoon for a half moon latte and delicious blueberry muffin, yum! I needed that time away but as always, was happy to be home with my guys. After I made dinner, Brandon cycled and Chandler and I went for our evening walk and played outside. I love praying over him as he falls asleep on me in the rocker and am so thankful for another day with him. House news; We have drywall! The trim is also painted and looks great! It's coming along and I am so excited!
8-15-23: What a week!!! It was baby announcement, gender reveal celebration, name announcement, Mother's Day, and a trip to DFW and back! We left on Friday, 12th, and made it to Mckinney about 5pm. I had to do a quick hi/bye since I was meeting Tammy for my BLS/ACLS renewal and needed to get to Sherman. Brandon and Jerry headed to the grocery store, Bethany and I headed to Sherman, and mom was happy to babysit Chandler and Oakley. We met Tammy, I did my work, and then Bethany and I went to Tracks for our favorite past time Sherman, Texas meal! We were so happy to be out together and it was like old times. We were hands free, able to talk without interruption, and had a delicious sit down meal together! We shared the famous fried zucchini and then both had their amazing grilled chicken sandwich. It was just what we both needed! She stayed the night and we all had a great time visiting and playing with Baby Oakely. I wanted so badly to tell her I was pregnant but I also wanted to surprise her the next day too! Somehow, I kept it in but ohhh the anxiety and anticipation was building quickly! We all slept well Friday and I was ready to tell our family the big news when I woke up Saturday. We took our time though, making sure it was right and instead of just blurting it out, we all had a very calm morning, played outside, had coffee on the porch, and then I got ready and borrowed a dress from moms closet that was brand new and made me feel so beautiful! She insisted I take it and that it was never going to get worn, was originally for Emily but she left it behind and it's been two months since buying it! Still had tags on it and it fit me so, so well and had room for a growing baby bump! Everything is so expensive right now with inflation and the poor economy so $120 dresses aren't really in our budget, but God blessed me with this beautiful spring floral dress today and Ruth and I felt so great in it! I headed out to SmallCakes for the cupcake order that would soon be the gender reveal party and Chandler took a nap while mom watched him. At 2pm, lunch was ready, the guys had grilled outside, and everyone was enjoying lunch! Afterward, when it was calming down and the family was relaxing, we put Chandler in his "Big Brother" shirt and I walked him back downstairs. My heart was pounding!! Brandon was ready with his phone on video and I had a GoPro ready too. We had no idea who was going to notice first or how long it would take. Dad and Bethany were in the living room visiting and as soon as Chandler turned the corner, dad said "Hey! Well, hey there Big Brother!" I'm still not sure he realized what was going on but rather just read what he saw! Bethany totally got it though and said "what?!? Brandy! Oh my gosh!" She gave me the biggest hug and then mom had caught on that something had happened. Confused, she was looking around and Bethany said "Mom, they're multiplying!!" Mom got it after that and couldn't believe it! Marilyn and Joyce were next. Marilyn cried big happy tears and Joyce was telling us that she knew God was going to do this for us! Brook and Adam got there a few minutes later and they got it too! Lori came by and was the last to find out but before long, our whole family knew about you, Baby Ruth! They all wanted to know if we knew your gender so I told them if they wanted to find out, they could! Of-course they did so I ran upstairs to get the cupcakes and then took a vote from each person (on video). Then, it was time to find out! Everyone sat around the dining room table, picked out their pink or blue cupcake and bit in! They were SO excited to see that you are a LITTLE GIRL!!! It was such a special moment and I'm so glad we did it! We told them your beautiful, strong name and they all loved it! Everyone was so happy! Ruth Eleanor, we cannot wait to meet you! We are so thankful for you!
We finished the day with a trip down Grey Branch Road to take pictures in the Wildflowers and further celebrate you! We had a wonderful day together and everything was so fun! Chandler ended up having a really rough night, was up from 1:00am on and just upset! He eventually vomited, which I think was from all the sweets and just being upset. We got settled in a pallet in the floor and Lovie came to take him to help comfort him. Brandon drove us all home and we were so happy to be home! There is no place like home!
Let the baby planning, nursery shopping, and all the family fun begin!!!!!!!!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment