Chandler is 21 months. I'm 10 weeks pregnant today! (3-25-23)

 3-25-23: 10 weeks already!! I am so happy! We are starting to get used to the idea that we're pregnant; some days it still doesn't seem real! I got baby's first little gift box of goodies in the mail and it is such a special box of baby necessities! It's such a happy time and we are so excited! When I ask Chandler "what's in mommy's tummy?," he will say "Baby!" It is the cutest thing. So far, all is well but the past two weeks have been rough as far as nausea, heaving, and feeling flu like. There have been a few days that I've had to cancel plans, swim school, and other things just so I can try to rest. The first trimester is odd! One day I have energy and feel good; The other, I am sick all day and just miserable. Small prices to pay though! We still haven't told family or friends (other than the below) and we aren't sure how we're going to yet. We want it to be a surprise but like with Chandler, we also want to be over the 12 week risk area. We go back to Dr. Rogers in a few weeks and will have lab results, as well as the gender!!! So exciting!! As for now, I'm trying to stay as healthy as possible (since I don't have the strength work out much) and I am trying to enjoy each quality time moment with Chandler that I possibly can. I am still rocking him to sleep and although, we know that he goes to bed so well now and goes right to sleep, I know that each passing day means that he's getting bigger and bigger, and will soon outgrow my lap and rocker. I'm cherishing each single nap/bedtime routine and feeling him fall asleep on my chest. I love our little Chandler so much! I'm so excited he's going to have a brother or sister to go through life with. They will have one another and that means so very much to me!

In Chandler news, he is such a fun little guy! Talking lots! His latest word is "buuduuzerr" for bulldozer and he is obsessed with "Good night, Good night Construction Site" book. We read it about 100 times a day! He loves being outside, is loving swim school, and has learned how to throw a few fits. His favorite thing to eat is a chocolate chip cookie and he loves going down slides on his tummy. I am so very proud of him and amazed at all his bravery and development. 

House news: We have a foundation!! It's so fun to drive by and see the progress! It's like a surprise every time we go by! We are on (loose) track to be in by September, which would be amazing! That would give us time to nest, get settled, and bring Baby home to our brand new home! It's surreal to be building a house and I find myself forgetting how special of a time this is since life moves at such a rapid pace! We are so thankful to God for this season! 

In other news, Bethany is having baby Oakley tomorrow!!! I am so happy for her!! I have to work but since she is having a scheduled c-section, I couldn't really be a big presence anyway, so I'm planning on going either tomorrow after work of on Monday. 

I'm working at the hospital today, had my site visit with Betsy, and am taking a break to catch up on student grading, my blog, and a few other things while students are at lunch. I love this job and the peace it gives me in life! 

(People we've shared our big news with: Brandon couldn't help but tell his work team, Ben, Wayne, and a few others as soon as he found out on Valentine's Day. We've also told Pastor Cory, Mike and Joelle, our friend Angie Gillet, Charmaine, the Howery's at church (they are pregnant too and told us so we had to share with them, it was so sweet), Brandy McGlade (who was my previous student, watches Chandler sometimes, and is a baby nurse at St. David's North, which will be great to have her insight when I'm there), the Stacy's, and our Bible study group on 03-02. To surprise them, I put Chandler in the cutest, yet simple, "Big Brother" t-shirt and had him just do his normal little thing around the house until Stephanie and the others noticed. It was so sweet! Stephanie said "Ohh is Chandler a big brother?!?" We told them our good news and celebrated with a great night of bible study! 

April 11th: (12.5 weeks pregnant)! Feeling SO much better this week! Finally! The nausea has started to resolve and I have my energy back! Whew! I've even felt good enough to get on the Peloton and start cycling again! Three classes in and arm workouts added have me feeling more energized, better about my changing body, and just mentally happy! I am back to getting up about 5:30 in the morning, having a few minutes to wakeup, and then getting a cycle ride in before the day gets going. Tomorrow will be my first live ride and I'm so, so excited for it! I think it will be so fun to be doing it along with the whole class. 

My body is definitely starting to change!  A little earlier this time around and it just amazes me at what God has made me capable of. My little baby bump is making it's first appearance, still soft and easily missed, but making changes every day. My breasts are tender and growing and I'm focused on taking great care of my skin and overall self. Fortunately, Chandler is a great little sleeper and napper so I'm able to do some self care during those hours without sacrificing time with him. 

We had a rainy and cold week (last week) in Austin, and I loved it! Chandler and I bundled up and made trips to the park, short lived since we were wet and cold, but had fun nonetheless. Our next rainy day adventure was a trip to Randall's and it was the sweetest time together! We both wore our rain boots and just took our precious time getting what we needed. He found a balloon to hold on to the whole time and he picked out some snacks as well. It was the perfect way to pass some time. Brandon has been sickly so it also gave him so time to rest at home in the quiet. 

We also just celebrated Easter this past weekend! Although Chandler wasn't feeling so great, he was a good sport. He doesn't care for the egg hunting but still had a good Easter! I took him to Cabela's for the first time and let me just say, that will be a place we frequent from now on! He LOVED it! It must be like a little boys paradise! We have a really great one too nearby with a big aquarium, lots of wildlife (stuffed), and so much space to roam and explore. As soon as he saw the Easter bunny, he was in love! I was so happy for him to have that excitement! To my surprise, he wanted to run up to him and although cautious, he wanted to touch him and couldn't take his eyes off of him! He was great and it made for such a special morning. 

Yesterday, I took him to McDonald's for breakfast and he loves dipping his hashbrown in ketchup. I just love him so much and all the little things we get to do together. I can't wait for him to be a big brother, but I also am cherishing every single day with him and trying to do as many special things just the two of us, before we add baby brother/sister to our family. I feel like the rest of the world is just a blur around us when he and I are together. In our little corner booth, we enjoyed such a simple yet yummy breakfast and then were off to play at Little Land. After two hours of play, it was nap time. I love watching him learn and gain confidence, but also love when he looks up to make sure I'm still nearby. It just warms my whole heart. 

Chandler is all about trucks right now! From the moment he wakes up, it's "big truck, red truck, green truck, dump truck, recycle truck, bulldozer truck" and it is the sweetest! His face just lights up when he gets to play with his trucks. He also had the SWEETEST moment when I put on a new movie "The Secret Life of Pets." It caught his attention and he let out the sweetest laugh I've ever heard. It seriously gripped my heart and tear came flowing. He found it so funny and that is the first time he's ever laughed at a movie or show. Brandon got to see it again before bedtime and he too just melted! 

Brandon is feeling better every day and we share daily how thankful we are for our sweet little life together. We sacrifice for simplicity and because of that, we live in such peace and calm. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

4-12-23: Chandler is sick, sick and my heart is breaking! High fevers, congestion, cough, chills, and what seems to be hand-foot-mouth after seeing the blister popping up. I'm so grateful to be able to be at home with him and be his source of comfort. I'm hoping to stay well and not get anything that could hurt baby! 

4-14-23: Strep! Ugh! Little Chandler kept feeling badly and his rash was getting worse, spreading all over, and the fevers kept coming. We went to pedi who decided to strep test him and sure enough, our sweet boy has strep. We are so happy to have an answer and a treatment. Pedi wasn't sure if maybe he has both hand, foot, mouth since that's how it looked in the beginning, and maybe picked up strep as well in the meantime? I'm not sure either but I feel so bad that he is sick and I'm so thankful that we didn't wait it out! 3 days of this fever and watching him suffer was 3 days too many. He had a better night, thank goodness, slept until 4am when he started crying and I was able to get a few early morning snuggles in before getting ready for work. I got him and Brandon snuggled up, got ready, and had fresh warm donuts delivered before leaving. They were so happy with their yummy donuts and I felt much better heading out knowing they would have a good morning. 

Brandy

Comments

Popular Posts