16 Months!

10-18-22: Happy 16 months birthday, Chandler! Mommy and Daddy love you so very, very much!! I can't wait for you to wake up so we can snuggle and then play! Today, we have Little Gym and I'm looking forward to it! 

10-19: It feels like fall!!! The weather was beautiful today so we got outside as a family! Once Brandon finished work, and I was all caught up with my tasks, we took Chandler on his first Bee ride!!! Brandon bought the Burley Bee Bike Trailer when I was pregnant and we've been waiting for the perfect day to take little Chandler out in it! We got him settled in, helmets on, and we took off through the neighborhood. He was hesitant and scared at first, but as soon as we got going and he could see me next to him, and realized he was with daddy, he was all for it! He was smiley and happy! We took him to the Olympic Heights park where we played and swung together. He kept signing "more, more" to us when we took him out of the Bee! He was so adorable! We had the best family time and I am so excited for more adventures! Of-course safety is our number one so we made sure his helmet was right, he was secure in his seat, and that the Bee flag was just right! Brandon pulled him and I rode behind- we had him protected that way. We finished the day with a yummy dinner of Texican to-go and we all enjoyed it so much! Chandler ate and ate! We had all worked up an appetite. We enjoyed a cozy evening at home, Brandon and Chandler snuggled on the couch, and then I rocked him to sleep. He's back to sleeping through the night and we are so blessed for all God has done for us. 

10-20: Today was fun! We took a family trip to Wal-Mart lol! It was so great having Brandon there to entertain Chandler! They played in the toys and I was able to shop! I love doing any/everything with little Chandler but it was nice doing the grocery shopping without any distraction, but also knowing they were there with me. It's the little things in life- it really, really is! Like family trips to Wal Mart! We had a lazy day at home and I made Marilyn's Southwest Chili for CG and it was a hit! I'm really enjoying our Community Group and the opportunity for Brandon/me to host it. Chandler is becoming so comfortable with our group and I love that he has a community of faith and believers surrounding him. I also enjoy that it's forcing me out of my comfort zone and hiding from groups of people! God is so good to us!

10-25: Happy Birthday in Heaven, Grandma Reta. We sure do miss you and what I wouldn't give to spend the afternoon with you! 

The past week, we have been all-things-Halloween! The weather is so nice and we even fell asleep last night listening to a thunderstorm! I love the rain and a cozy day at home! Here's what we've been up to this week!

10-21: Mom came to visit and keep Chandler over the weekend while I worked! I love having her visit and we all enjoy her company so much! She got here early on Friday and we had a big day! She came is bearing gifts and costumes for little fella! We are so fortunate to be on the receiving end of her generosity and the way she spoils Chandler. She brought his two pottery barn kids costumes- one T-Rex and one Dragon. Both are equally as cute and I loved seeing him dressed up. Mid morning, we went on a family bike ride with the Burley Bee and she loved getting to see Chandler in his little cocoon! He fell asleep on the ride and it was the sweetest thing. I was on my mountain bike so it wasn't the easiest thing to ride that thing on a road for 10 miles but we did it and enjoyed the quality time and beautiful day! Next we went to the Dripping Springs Pumpkin Patch and spent 1.5 hours looking at all the pumpkins, playing with giant legos under the shade trees, and strolling the grounds. I love that Brandon is a daddy that does this kind of thing with us! Next, we headed to Wells Branch (North Austin) for Sam Howery's 5th birthday party at Katherine Fleisher Park! I have to admit, wasn't really looking forward to this but I'm glad we went. Chandler had a great time and got to hit his first piƱata! He is such a precious boy and we love him so much! We had a very busy and full day! 

10-22/10-23: I worked at St. David's on Saturday and MC on Sunday so they had adventures without me. On Saturday, they went to Big Top Candy Shop and although I hear is was a bit messy with all the crowds on Congress and people in the shop, mom had a good time and Brandon was tired from corralling Chandler and keeping him from destroying the candy shop, ha! I guess it's true... "Like a kid in a candy store!" On Sunday, they went to church, and then played at home. Mom is so great with him! They walked the neighborhood, paid a visit to the gas station, played at the park, and Chandler got to carve his very first pumpkin!!! I loved seeing the pictures and videos and am so happy he got to do it! Mom said he loved it and was so interested in the candle glowing inside. When I got home, we went to the Manchaca Methodist Trunk or Treat for a couple of minutes so Chandler could start Halloween a little early. He loved running around and headed right to the pumpkin patch! After a few games and candy, we came home for an early bedtime. We were all exhausted! The highlight of my day was when I got home and mom was still here! She always leaves on Sunday and I miss  most of her visit. Not this time! We stayed up after the boys went to bed and watched her new favorite show "Somebody Feed Phil," which was both educational and hilarious. 

On Monday, 10-24, Brandon had a few appointments so decided to go play! We went to Sweet Paris for breakfast (which is where I stood up for the first time in my entire life- and it felt amazing to do so, more on that next), strolled the Domain and sweet mom bought me some pants from Tommy Bahama that I really did desperately need but would have never asked for them, and then visited our very favorite "Enlightened Baby" and I got Bethany's baby a gift and Chandler a transition cup and new bowl. We had just enough time to get home, change, and go to Emler for swim school! Chandler did great as always and mom loved being there to see him and take pictures! We finished the day with a wonderful neighborhood walk and monster search! Chandler get so excited when we find a house lit up with orange lights and lots of spooks in the yard. Just before bedtime, when we were doing our last bit of playing on the couch (Couch Olympics), Chandler crawled behind me, raised up my shirt, and started scratching my back. It was the most precious and tender thing he's ever done! He kissed my back and then went to scratch Brandon's back/tummy. I always scratch Chandler's back when he's laying on me and he will get so still and I can tell he loves it! It was such a sweet gift to see him show so much affection and tenderness to us. I love him more than anything! 

We had a wonderful time together and I cherish all the moments mom and I get to spend cuddled up together laughing, watching silly things, and reminiscing about the early days with Chandler. We laughed so much remembering how restless of a sleeper he used to be and all 3 of us in the guest room sleeping- him sandwiched between us, me nursing him what seemed to be all night long, just in time for my alarm to go off and then go do a 13hr shift at the hospital. It's amazing what we do when we just put one foot in front of the other. Women and mothers are so incredibly strong! I will miss her so much today but I'm headed to McKinney today after Little Gym to visit the family and see Bethany's new house, so we won't be a part for long! I will miss Brandon since he has to stay in Austin but we'll be home soon because our little road trips always seem to fly by! (Chandler wore his T-Rex costume to gym today and it was adorable! He was the center of attention at costume day and even got featured on their social media account)!

10-31: Happy Halloween! I love this time of year! I love the cooler weather, the crisp air, pumpkins, outdoor fun, and I love knowing Christmas is coming!!! 

Our little trip to DFW was a good one but I am so glad to be home! It just doesn't feel right if we're not together! 

We got to Mckinney on the 25th after little gym, as planned. Chandler did great on the drive and we didn't even have to stop! He got fussy the last hour but I recited his stories and sang songs, which calmed him down enough to get us to Mckinney. The traffic was horrible being that it was 5:00 but we made it safely and were so happy to get out of the car! We spent the evening walking the neighborhood and going "Monster Hunting!" Chandler loves pointing out the monsters and playing in the halloween decorations. Since we were both exhausted and he was immediately upset when we even walked near the little nursery at mom's, I decided to just throw that plan out the window and snuggle with my little guy instead! We slept so great cuddled up together and there is nothing better in this whole world than feeling him next to me/hearing him lightly snore! 

On the 26th, Chandler had his first Halloween Party! Lovie organized a fancy little play date in his play room at her house and it was great! She had specially made Halloween cupcakes (vegan ones for Chandler) and the whole room was sprinkled with Halloween touches! Three other littles came and it made for a great time! They played, ate cupcakes, and we had a little photos shoot at the end to mark the occasion. Next, we went to the square and of-course he had to wear his super hero cape and eye mask! He is so fun! We strolled, shopped, and then headed to a trunk-or-treat at Lebanon Frisco High School. We only lasted about an hour since it was crowded and we were all wearing out, but I'm glad we went and Lovie got to check that off her bucket list. 

On the 27th, we got up and headed to the farm! This was my favorite day! Not because I just love being on a farm but because we got to visit Papa, Grand Papa, Clint, and Chandler had his first day farming! Dad and Clint took us out to do the morning feed and it was the best time! Chandler got to ride in Lovie's lap (shh) just like little boys on the farm do, walk with Papa and help release the hay from the trailer, and got to see all the new baby cows! He absolutely loved it! He was so happy leaning his little head out the window while Lovie held him and as papa drove around the pasture looking at the cows. We finished the morning by visiting Grand Papa and that made my day! It was so sweet to see Chandler sitting in his lap in his recliner, in the same exact spot that I used to sit in when I was about his age! It warmed my heart so very much and I am so thankful God gave me those moments! Afterward, Chandler was worn out so we had a great little nap and then I went to visit Bethany at her new house in Blue Ridge while Chandler stayed with Lovie and Granna to play. I enjoyed the peaceful drive and the sunset was spectacular! Golden hues lining the blue and bright pink sky- just stunning and I got to see all of it! Bethany and I had a sweet little visit sitting on her front porch and she showed me around the house. I'm so happy for her and I love knowing a little girl is joining our family soon! Sometimes I feel like our relationship has faded a bit and it makes me sad. We used to be totally inseparable but I know that people get busy and priorities change; I just hate that feeling though. She's happy and so I'm happy for her. I just miss her so much! Back in Mckinney, we finished the day with a yummy delicious bowl of my favorite Pho from Pho Que Huong on Eldorado and I get the Curry Chicken Noodle Soup with rice noodle, no chives/onion, and add carrots. Oh my! It is a special treat! So yummy!! 

We had a great time and I so enjoyed all the naps and sleep overs with my little buddy! He was a happy little toot when we got home and he was so happy to see his daddy! Our drive home was a BAD one! Nothing but wrecks, thunderstorms, downpours, and I was just about in tears but prayed my way home and Chandler was a champ! God got us home safely and I was never so glad to be back with Brandon! 

I worked on the 29th, church on the 30th, and then we finished the weekend with a family outing to the Booda Halloween Festival as well as the Rancho Alto neighborhood Halloween party! Chandler is definitely getting use out of his costumes and we are loving all the family fun! God has been so kind and generous toward us and we love our little Chandler so very much! 

Today we have swim school and then we will do trick or treating!! I'm looking forward to a great day and a wonderful week! The house is quiet, my morning list is done, and the boys are peacefully sleeping! My heart is so full! Chandler's oatmeal is cooling and ready for him when he wakes up. I love the mommy life!

(Side note- I am so happy Christmas is coming! I just bought Chandler his new Christmas pajamas from Kyte, as well as a toddler sleep bag so he can be warm and cozy at night when he wiggles out of his blankets)!

11-1: Chandler had a great Halloween last night and I am loving all the fun things we are doing as a family! It was a busy day and if I'm being honest, I wasn't in the best of spirits- just feeling overwhelmed and a bit overstimulated with so much going on the past week. It was also grocery store day and so I had to find time for that but Brandon saved me and carved out some time to stay home with Chandler so I could go alone. Don't get me wrong, I love taking Chandler with me everywhere I go, but it was a bit faster and less distracting that he stayed home with Brandon. At 4:00, Chandler had swim school and it was a BIG day for him!!! Today, he crossed over some challenges and gained some confidence!!! I am so, so proud of him and so is Brandon! He had more fun in the water today, was more playful, smiled and laughed with me, and actually leaned forward into the water at the jump-in station! He kicked, used his arms, and moved himself forward! He held his breath for a record 10 seconds, BOTH times and wasn't as upset when he came out of the water! I am beaming and so happy for him!!! I had been questioning if I should take him out of lessons since he was seemingly upset and not enjoying it but today was remarkable! He gave lots of high fives to Miss Lexi, loved playing at the animal station, and was overall just a happy baby in the water! 

After swim, we had dinner as a family at home. I made a big pot of Marilyn's Southwest Chili (which is a favorite and lasts for days- woo-hoo), and then we went trick-or-treating! We strolled the neighborhood, Chandler loved running around and started getting the hang of putting candy in his bag, and then we finished the night by sitting on our porch and handing out candy. It was the best night! The weather was amazing and it made for such sweet family memories! We missed the rest of the family but also enjoyed just the three of us and a calm time together. Chandler was worn out after such a big day and went to bed without a fuss! I'm looking forward to getting into the Christmas spirit now!!! 

11-6: I had the BEST day at work today! Which is an amazing thing because 1) it's work, and 2) it's the clinic but it was wonderful and I am really enjoying being an NP and MinuteClinic. It's taken 3 years to really get comfortable and not feel totally overwhelmed when I'm there but finally, the hard work is paying off. The $60/hour I make is pretty great too and allows me to just work a few shifts a month for a little spending money and extra grocery/bill money. I worked with May today, who I'm really starting to like! She and I work really well together and it's such a good work environment. At lunch, we were all caught up so for the first time ever, I decided to live a little and walk across the street to Maudie's to get a coffee. While I was there, I couldn't help but see that they had fresh sopapillas on the menu so I got two small ones and then headed back to the clinic. I sat there and just enjoyed my coffee and dessert in complete joy and peace! I love my family but mealtimes at home are a bit noisy and rushed these days, not to mention flying avocado is a new normal, so just being still and really enjoying the lunch treat was a very special thing for me. It totally made my day and just filled me with such happiness! It's really the little things in life that make for the best things! 

11-8: Today was a really hard day for me. I know this blog is all about Chandler but I can't avoid the sadness I'm having. I had my yearly appt with Dr. Capet today and she told me she is resigning to pursue a hospitalist position. While I'm so happy for her and can't imagine what a better quality of life this will give her, I am so devastated by the news. I understand her desire completely and know firsthand that there is nothing that will wear you our faster than being in the medical field, but oh how I will miss her. I've never enjoyed going to a doctor or been particularly impressed by one, but she was different! I just adored her and am so thankful to God that He put me in her care. God used her to guide me to my HSG, fertility struggles, and motherhood! She will always live on in my heart and I will always share how wonderful she is with Chandler, telling him about his special birth story. She truly made my pregnancy, labor, and delivery the most wonderful time in my life and I will miss her greatly. Hopefully, I will see her from time to time in the hospital or out and about in the city. We had a great visit and I'm so thankful I got the opportunity to say my thanks and goodbye to her before she resigns this December. Brandon asked me why I got so attached to her as my physician and I besides the comfort during vulnerable women's visits, I have to say it's because she was such an instrumental part of me becoming a mommy! It's not everyday that someone leads you along a path as wonderful and exciting as motherhood. We got to give big hugs and had a great visit! It's not often I find someone to look up to and as I said above, it's quite rare that someone just really impresses me but Dr. Capet did. Generally speaking (not boastfully), I'm usually the one that has the highest degree in a group of people, the better experience, the medical knowledge, the better financial blessing, job security, bedside manner, positive reviews, etc... so I think that is why others just really don't inspire me all that often? Definitely not trying to brag on myself here, just being honest. People don't inspire me much. God does, kindness does, Brandon does, and then Dr. Capet obviously did. She gave me someone to look up to and for that, I'm so grateful. I appreciate all her help and support over the past 5 years and hope to see her around. Before leaving, she recommended I see a colleague of hers for my women's health. Any recommendation she has is good for me! Now, I will be seeing Dr. Jesse "Mimi" Rogers. Although I don't think she will compare to Dr. Capet, I am open minded and look forward to meeting her for my next yearly exam, or sooner if we have baby #2. Thank you God for placing me in Dr. Capet's care, and thank you Dr. Capet for everything you've done for myself and family! 

As bittersweet as today was, it ended on a great and happy note! Chandler and I played outside, put up the Halloween decorations, and pulled out the Christmas decor! I am so happy it's Christmas time! Chandler got a special little package (a few of them actually) in the mail and I let him open them early! He got his Kyte sleep sack for winter, his Kyte Christmas jammies (the best!), and his first pair of Dr. Martin's! They are the cutest!!! I couldn't wait so I let him open everything and just had to get him in his new Docs! He looks like such a little boy now!! Where did my baby go?! I love these special little moments and I love that we are in a season where I can spoil him! We try to avoid going over-board and while we are frugal, I also enjoy an occasional spoiling for my little guy! We also booked our Christmas pictures and I'm looking forward to those on the 23rd. The best new thing lately is that Chandler is really starting to talk and learn words/sounds! It is the absolute BEST!! We work with him everyday using words and animal sounds and he is so smart! Monday, he started saying "help," which comes out as "Hepp." A strong "H" sound and a "uupp" at the end! It melts our hearts! He will also mimic a kitty cat sound, cow, chicken, and monster! He is the biggest gift I could have ever received, second to my salvation through Christ's sacrifice. 

11-09: Today, we pulled out the Christmas decorations and put them up!! Ohhhh what a happy day!! I love the Christmas season and am so happy that Chandler gets to experience it more this year! We are also on the hunt for a great tree! I finally donated my 14 year old 5 ft Christmas tree from my very first Christmas on my own! It was time! Looking back, I'm so amazed at what God has accomplished in me and how He never let me go! He has been so very good to me! Also, I just love having my memories of Fort Worth live on in my heart! I'm so fortunate to have such sweet memories and experiences. (Also, praise the Lord, my pap was negative and everything looked good)!!

11-15: It's my 13th birthday! I love celebrating my baptism birthday and taking a moment to remember how special that day was and the commitment that was made! I am so thankful to Jesus and forever amazed at His love for us! Brandon celebrates it and always makes sure I feel special! He came home with a lemon bundt cake (so yummy) and surprised me with a pair of Dr. Martins!!!! I was so excited and happy! Ever since I got Chandler his first pain, I have wanted my own but wouldn't spend the money on them! Brandon got me the classic boot, in a deep purple/reddish brown color, and they are lined with black fur! They fit great and I couldn't wait to put them on! He is so great! 


Comments

Popular Posts