12 months! June, 2022. Our big one year old!!

6-24: Chandler gave me his very first kiss and it melted my heart entirely!

6-25: Splash pad with daddy, hold face and kisses, 

6-26 separation in kids 

6-28 Zilker and splash

6-30 swim, pedi, shots 

7-1: Chandler wasn't his best self today after receiving his MMR and Hep A shots yesterday. We spent the majority of today at home but mommy didn't mind it one bit. I kept you feeling as well as possible with a few doses of Motrin and Tylenol throughout the day and lots of extra patience and love. The highlight of today was when I was changing you (you like to roll around like a rolly-polly) and of-course, mommy says "no" and shakes her head. Well today, you copied me and shook your head "no" along with the biggest smile on your face. It melted my heart and also made me laugh! You are so precious, Chandler. Mommy loves you so very, very much! We spent the morning playing in the nursery so that daddy could work from home. Your little mind grows exponentially every single day that you wake up! Today, you were so focused as mommy stacked up your alphabet blocks and you couldn't wait to tear them down! You are also very into stacking paper cups (the Noah's Ark ones I bought for your birthday but had to leave at home, so now they are something we play with). I will separate them all out and you will meticulously stack them up one by one! It's so amazing to watch you learn. You are so very smart, Chandler. We played with the little people farm (that Mike and Joelle gave us) and you were so set of sitting each animal on a block; it was truly precious. Your little personality is shining through and you are a beautiful little soul. You are cautious yet interested in seeing and learning everything. You are full of joy and giggles. You are timed more than adventurous (like mommy). You are so interested in how things work (like daddy, his bike, his tools). You are patient with us and give us so much grace! You make me a better person and make my relationship with God a deeper one. Thank you for being mine. After play time, and since you weren't feeling well, you were not up for napping. Mommy crawled in your crib with you and after quite a bit of restlessness, you finally snuggled up next to me and we napped together for an hour. There is nothing in this world like feeling you next to me. It is my very favorite place to be; next to you. We finished the day with a trip to the splash pad, our second time to go to the Buda park and you were as darling as ever. You are so busy, busy, busy! You want to walk to every splash but as soon as we get there, you take off toward the next one. We splashed and played for about 30 minutes and I knew you were wearing out again. Mommy got you home, bathed, and had a little extra time for you and daddy to play chase! Your favorite! You want daddy to catch you so badly, but the excitement makes you reach and cling to mommy! We play and you laugh so much! You kick and squeal, shriek, and hide on mommy before taking off to tease daddy again to come get you. It's the highlight of every evening in our home and all is right in the world when we're all together playing as a family. After bath time, you drank your bottle, and mommy rocked you like always until you were ready to snuggle up on my chest. Every night when you're just about asleep, you'll sit up and that's when I know you want to be guided down to my chest to sleep. You nuzzle in and mommy rocks you to sleep. I pray over you, that you will know the Lord, that He will ransom your little heart, and that you will be full of joy all the days of your life. I kiss you and then lay in your crib. I miss sleeping next to you so very much but I also know you're a big boy now and so brave to sleep in your own crib now without mommy. I already can't wait until you wake up tomorrow and I get to scoop you up! You have my heart, little boy and I love you so very much. Ending this great day with daddy tucked in, you asleep in your crib and beautiful nursery, and I just enjoyed my first glass of wine at home since stopping breastfeeding. It was the "2017 Cabernet Sunset" from Blue Lotus Winery and it was great. I realized it while enjoying it, and wow how time really does fly. I miss nursing you so so much but I'm so glad we did it and savored this last few months, knowing it was coming to a close. I do enjoy the fact that I can wear my regular clothes and bras again, get dressed without the task of planning to nurse, and we can go absolutely anywhere at anytime independent of having to plan our nursing breaks. I'm so happy to not have to pump at work anymore, that was my biggest challenge- finding the time between patients but I also know I will miss it when I go back to the hospital and don't have that quiet time in the lactation room anymore to just sit and think while storing milk for you. My proudest moments of the past year include coming home from a long day at the hospital or clinic and joyfully putting my freshly pumped milk in the freezer for you. 

7-2: Whew! Last night was rough! Little Chandler woke up at 12:30 and was absolutely miserable! Being about 30 hours since his vaccines, MMR especially, he was definitely feeling the side effects. I'm sure he had flu like aches and pains; and my heart broke for him. We were up until about 2:30, more Motrin, lots of rocking and singing "Jesus loves the little Chandlers," and lots of restlessness, he finally fell asleep next to me in the guest room (our favorite snuggle and nap room). (The guest room is where we slept from about 3-9 months and had the room set up with the bed against the wall and extra safe for Chandler). Once he settled down and was sleeping well, I just listened to him breath and would wrap him up in my arms. I love, love, love feeling him next to me while we sleep. He woke up again at 5:30 but was in better spirits. I was truly exhausted but after a cup of coffee and seeing Chandler feeling better, I was ready for the day. The rest of the day was ups and downs. We snuggled a lot, played when he felt better, and kept the house quiet with classical music playing to help keep things peaceful. I made the boys cauliflower "wings," salmon, and sweet potatoes. Brandon loved the "wings" and Chandler devoured the sweet potatoes! It was so sweet! I loved feeding him and knowing he was so happy! Chandler blew his first kisses tonight to daddy, wrapped himself around my leg while I was cooking, and started shaking his head "no!" I feel like everyday he wakes up, he's a different little boy! Smarter, bigger, and picks up on everything! We love our little boy so much!  

Comments

Popular Posts