39 Weeks!! 6-11-21 to 6-17-21
6-12: As much as I truly have loved being pregnant and going through this miraculous journey, I am ready to meet our son! Last night was horrendous and waking up at midnight in discomfort was awful! I absolutely cannot get comfortable at night, which I'm trying to not complain about, but between the random contractions, constant peeing, back pain, heavy belly, and Chandler kicking all night long, it's hard to not at least admit that it's taking a bit of a toll on me. I woke up this morning to Brandon kissing me, which means I had fallen asleep again somewhere between laying on his side of the bed and putting on a relaxing nature show with classical music playing.
Once I got up today and had a little breakfast (eggs and toast) I felt better and was ready to work in the yard. I passed more signs of cervical change and impending labor once I got up, but since Capet has given me the all clear on activity, except intercourse, I feel better about being active and knowing it's safe. I worked in the back yard yesterday, cleaned out the garden box, planted okra, pruned the tomato plants, and cleaned off the back porch. Today, I worked in the front yard and got the smaller bed cleaned up, the drive way edges cleaned up, and cleaned up the sidewalk. After about 2 hours and once the weather heated up to 90, I knew I needed to go in to avoid dehydrating myself and overdoing it. I had a great time though and it felt really wonderful to be back out in the yard again!
Brandon was just getting home from his bike ride and we had the cutest little moment over chocolate milk! I've been craving it and he's been loving it too for after cycle ride recovery drink. I noticed we only had about a cup left so I text him to stop and grab some only if he wanted it so he wouldn't be disappointed when he got home and realize we were out. He showed up with chocolate milk so I just assumed he got my message but then he text me back that he didn't see my message, but instead decided to stop and get me some. Now that's when you know you're one with somebody! How sweet is that! Then, he tells me "oh babe, I had a dream about our boy last night." I asked him what happened and he said he dreamed that I had Chandler and he was a week old. He said he was talking to someone and Chandler started calling him dad, which he thought was great, and then he started walking lol! At a week old! We had big laughs over that and I thought it was the sweetest thing that he's dreaming of our baby. Maybe it's just another big sign that he's coming before Thursday! After last night, I really thought he might make his appearance today but so far, it's 5:30pm and no baby. I know Dr. Capet is on call until tomorrow morning because she told me to be sure and come in on Saturday and not Sunday because she would be off Sunday. We laughed and then I told her I'd see her Saturday or I'd hold him in until at least Monday.
I also spent some time in the nursery and was SO happy to get a package from the Davis girls (Jodi, Debbi, and Bobbi) with the beautiful chunky knit Pottery Barn baskets I have wanted from day 1!!! I had plans to go buy them myself since they weren't picked off our registry, which I was completely happy to do, but I was even more excited to get them as a gift and surprise delivery! They are so perfect and make the best final touches to his sweet little nursery! I'm so, so excited and can't wait for him to be in his room soon! I also finished my puzzle that I bought when I was on pelvic rest to help occupy my time and avoid becoming a couch potato that only watched tv.
6-16: Tomorrow is it!!! Or at least that's the plan! There is always the chance I will get moved to another date since my induction is considered elective, but I'm hoping tomorrow is the day we get to meet our baby! Today, Brandon worked and I cleaned! We finished up last minute things, I put the Mamaroo swing together, vacuumed the nursery, prepared a basket of post partum supplies for to go in our master bathroom, sterilized all the bottles and breast pump supplies, went through hospital bags again to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything, and soaked the flower beds/vegetable box since we will be away for a few days. I was just laying down to rest and review content for bible study when Brandon said, "so... wanna have a date night with me as our last night of 2?!" Of-course I did. He had planned to take us to a great dinner at Carve and I so enjoyed our time together! I got to wear my white maternity maxi dress and I felt so beautiful! I wasn't particularly hungry so I got a salmon Cesar salad and it was perfect! Brandon had a big plate, lots of appetizers, and a delicious banana pudding type dessert that I snuck a bite of. We had fun asking each other if we were ready to be parents and laughing together. On the way home, I started to get nervous for tomorrow and got teary eyed- he grabbed my hand, kissed it, and held it close while telling me it was all okay. I love him so much and can't imagine a day without him. Thank you Jesus for my husband and for all the love that you show us through one another. Brandon tucked me in bed about 9:30, prayed over me for sleep and a smooth day tomorrow, and then let me rest. It would be a while before I fell asleep but I enjoyed having quiet time with God and cherishing every sweet little baby kick I could feel.
6-17: I woke up today at 1:30 peaceful and hopeful! I spent the next few hours praying and pleading with the Lord for a smooth delivery and healthy baby Chandler, and although I longed for sleep because I wanted to be strong for labor today, I truly loved praying and holding my belly one more day. Feeling Chandler move as I talked with the Lord was a beautiful moment and I promised myself I would try to embrace the moment and remember that peace forever. Brandon came to bed about 3:00 and cuddled me up tight. He rubbed my shoulder gently and although it was dark and we were dozing off to sleep, I couldn't have been more aware of his love and support. We snuggled for the next 45 minutes before my alarm went off and I got up to shower. Excited, nervous, terrified, afraid, thrilled, anticipating, and everything in between is how I felt when I got up. I was also calm and ready! We left the house at 5:15 and then got a surprise call from L&D that they need to push my time due to emergent cases that arrived overnight. The nurse told me to wait at home and they would call me when it's time to come in. Thankfully, we had not gotten far from home so Brandon turned around, we went to get donuts for breakfast, and came home and went back to bed. I was okay with the change of plans but also felt a little more on edge since we suddenly didn't have any idea of a time. We laughed and took the opportunity to get more sleep since neither of us slept well. We slept for hours and woke up refreshed. I've been praying this whole pregnancy for a smooth delivery, healthy baby, and that we all come home as a family of three. So, if this is God's answer to those fervent prayers, I know it's His very, very best for us and I'm thankful! Although I saw us being in the hospital now and a baby in our arms, I would much rather be home with Brandon in the comforts of our own home, baby Chandler cozy in his womb, and having a calm day versus having a hellacious experience at the hospital, waiting excessively in a hospital room, or have a hard turn of events due to the census and staff ratio. I know God is in this and I will continue to trust Him through it all.
1230pm: No news or call to come-in and as much as I'm trying to focus on the good and the positive, I'm starting to feel frustration build. The waiting is hard and I fear I'm going to get a call late today telling me to come in and then Dr. Capet won't be there since it's evening hours. At this point, I'm hoping I get moved to 0600 tomorrow morning and we get to start fresh. I know it's God's Will and I know He can be trusted. I'm pressing into Him while we wait at home and trying to not get anxious or let nervousness build.
2:50pm: Brandon and I are enjoying a couch day together and eating left overs! We laughed yesterday that we will have a lot of wasted left overs but now that we're home, it's been really convenient and neither of us have had to cook or think about dinner. For lunch, we had cheeseburgers from the patties I made two night ago and will have left over Carve for dinner. I called Dr. Capet's office at 2:07pm to hopefully get an update and receive some guidance. I definitely understand things happen and we are simply trying to see if we need to keep waiting for a phone call today, reschedule for another day, go in at 0600 tomorrow, or plan for something else. I'm hoping to hear back from her nurse before the office closes at 5, but if not, I will call L&D and check in. One thing for sure, I'm thankful Brandon is home with me, being extra supportive and calm, and Chandler is moving as great as ever.
3:50pm: Still nothing and still waiting. Brandon and I haven't moved much and are still cozy on the couch. Hoping for the hospital or office to call and update us soon.
Comments
Post a Comment