38 Weeks! 6-4-21 to 6-10-21

38 weeks here we are!!!!! And I am READY to meet our baby!!! Trying to remind myself to be patient and just enjoy being at home, nesting, resting, and savoring these last few days/weeks of feeling my sweet little baby kick around inside me! These moments give me the time and allow me the wandering of just how magnificent God is! Just 9 months ago, I was begging and pleading with Him for a baby of our own and here I am days away from meeting him! I'm so fortunate to be in a place in life where Brandon and I are settled and secure, allowing me to have all of May/June free to prepare for Chandler and just rest at home. Not many women get that luxury and I'm so thankful that I do! 

Everyday I get up, tidy up the house and make sure things are in order in case my water breaks and we have to leave urgently, Brandon works either from home or goes out for an appointment or two, and then for the evening, I cook dinner and we spend time with each other. There is definitely a change in our home and this sense of waiting- it's really very precious! We still do our normal things but there is this very real aura of anticipation, excitement, nervousness, and waiting now. We enjoy each other so much and are never more than a few feet away from one another while at home! It's like we're in high school again, Ha! He checks on me constantly, kisses my belly or tickles it regularly, and we just laugh- totally oblivious as to what we're in for I'm sure! One thing is for certain, I cannot imagine being with or doing this with anyone else besides Brandon and I am so grateful for how the Lord has worked in our lives the past 20 years. Here we are having our first baby!!!! I just can't believe it! I am so, so excited to meet him!! I wonder so many things- when will he get here? Will he favor Brandon or me? Will he cry a lot? Will he sleep well? Will he have blonde hair? Brown hair? Blue eyes? What will he like to do? What will he be? Where will he go to college? Will we have more children? This season has been so incredibly special and I wish I could bottle it up and keep it forever, opening it when I want to go back in time and relive the miracle that this season has been for us. I know I can't and I know so much more is to come so in the meantime, I let my mind wander, I enjoy every second, and I try not to think about that fact that I won't be pregnant for much longer! Time is truly flying by and I know I'm going to miss having Chandler all to myself and keeping him safe in my womb. I love him so much already and I can't wait to meet him! 

6-5: We are definitely on Baby Watch now!!! Last night was rough! I started having dull back pain and cramping that was painful enough to keep me up but not painful enough to head to the hospital. I fell back asleep around 3am, back up at 4:30 and decided to take a hot shower, which helped tremendously! I felt much better and although Chandler is still low and causing lots of pressure in my pelvis, some of the pain was gone. I went ahead and fixed my hair and made sure I was somewhat prepared to get in the car and head to the hospital. 

Going to the bathroom, I noticed I had definitely had a change and passed my Bloody Show, or at least what I believe to be! It was definitely different than my mucous plug, which I'm pretty sure I passed again two days ago. Knowing that this means my cervix is changing is exciting and also makes me nervous because I know I'm already dilated to a 4! I'm just hoping my water breaks any time and I have a clear indication of when to go in! Brandon had fallen asleep on the couch but heard me up and about. I initially went to the living room to get my birthing ball and sit on it for a while in our bedroom, but he got me cozy on the cough and wrapped me up in his arms, where I fell fast asleep! It was the best and sweetest 3 hours! We both slept like babies and were so comfortable! I slept better in that three hours on the couch in his arms that I have in weeks in our big comfy bed! The rest of the day, I took it easy, especially when he went out for a quick cycle. He was so sweet when he left, telling me "now don't go having that baby while I'm gone!" We giggled and I promised to not overdo it while he was gone. With such a restless night, I really just wanted to nap off/on today anyway, which is what I did. We spent the rest of the day together, got Thai food delivered, and just like yesterday, I can tell there is a light sense of anticipation in our home! He stays close by me all the time and I'm cherishing this time we have together. We ask each other things like "are you ready to be a mom/dad," "are you nervous?" etc.. It's been a sweet 24 hours and I have a very, very strong feeling baby Chandler will be here within another 24-48 hours. I'm trying to stay well hydrated, keep up my protein intake (as well as a decent amount of carbs, some healthy fats like avocado, coconut milk in my curry), oatmeal... and an occasional sweet treat for sugar stores just in case I really do miss my Epidural and have to birth him without any relief. Otherwise, we plan on going to church tomorrow and I think we will go ahead and put the hospital bags in the car since we will already be north and close to the hospital. I'm hoping for a restful night tonight and lots of great sleep! If we make it to Monday with no baby, I plan on starting all the remedies like red raspberry tea, dates, etc... to hopefully speed things along. I've held off for now since it's the weekend and I don't know if Dr. Capet is on call or not, and because the longer he stays in to term, the better he will likely do. All in God's hands though! One thing is for sure, I'm insanely excited to meet him and have him in our arms soon! 

6-8: I have a feeling today was one of my last days out as a pregnant lady! Oh my gosh, that feels so weird!! No more getting in the car and just going when I want to but I'm also so ready to be a mommy and have little Chandler here with us! Today, I did all-the-things and made some final errand runs before baby arrives. I made a trip to HEB for some necessities and CG chips/queso, went to goodwill for a donation of extra cups and things we had crowding the cabinets so we could make more room for bottles, had a great little time at my favorite- Central Market and it totally brought back all my memories from living in Fort Worth all those amazing years! I picked up some Red Raspberry Leaf tea, supposed to help induce labor, some prunes for inducing labor (almost puked when I tried one), and I couldn't help but treat myself to two of their fancy Soap Girl amazing soaps! One is oats and honey, and the other is bergamot and lavender. I have plans to take them to the hospital so I can have the best smelling first post partum shower in just a few days!! I am way more excited about my soaps than I probably should be but I can't wait to use them! Next, I went to Pottery Barn for a store credit, which makes me happy because now I have $110 to spend on something else for baby boy!  Next, I met Joelle at the Domain at California Pizza Kitchen for Discipleship Group and to go over Revelation 15. We had a great lunch and discussion, and then I met Brandon and Britton down the street at Fleming's. Britton was in town for a training with his job so they decided to meet for dinner. I joined in but having just had a late lunch, I was there for the company and a yummy glass of sweet tea! It was a great day and I'm hoping the walking and activity will help put me into labor! 

6-9: Today was a day of productivity! Not the fun kind but the "I have to get this done" kind. I finished Brandon's retirement rollover and got the confirmation it was finally complete- thank goodness! That has been such a pain!! Next, I followed up on our shower pictures that I hadn't received just yet, did laundry, cleaned out the freezer/fridge, called St. David's about a billing issue, submitted LOA paperwork to Dr. Capet's office, started a grocery order, and completed my DEA renewal that came with a VERY hefty $888 price tag. Thank goodness I'm in a good place financially and started maternity leave with $10,000 in my bank account because I'm already down to $8,500 after groceries, bills, yard maintenance, credit card payment (which I don't like having to use but it's nice to have it for times like this knowing I will pay it off when I get back to work), toll tags, and normal living expenses like gas, house necessities, etc. My goal is to not get below $5,000 before the end of August when I get back to ACC and get paid again. That's approx. 2 months of strict budgeting but since I'm planning to be at home snuggled up with my husband and baby, I think it's completely doable! We've met our insurance deductible so shouldn't be receiving a major hospital bill, don't have any trips coming up, and have rent paid through September. I will get a small check in a few weeks from ACC for doing vaccine clinics and then I'll be back to work in late July at MinuteClinic, which means I'll have paychecks coming in by the end of July. All in all, I think we're in a great position, Brandon of-course is still working and providing, and the two major things I have to purchase between now and then are newborn photos (about $400), and I would like to get Brandon a Nespresso machine for Father's Day ($300). Other than that, all the baby supplies, nursing supplies, rent, major bills, hospital bills, maternity photos, nursery necessities, and everything in between are paid for. Brandon is going to cover the flight tickets to Montana for Bethany's wedding and other than that, I think his big expenses are covered too! 

By the evening, we were both wiped out from getting so much done so we skipped bible study and decided to order pizza and stay in. It was a great choice, even though we missed seeing our CG friends. We needed the quiet time together and a night at home alone. 

6-10: Last day of 38 weeks and last routine OB appointment!!! No labor yet but still hoping for any day now! I'm getting progressively more uncomfortable and just feeling overall "full" throughout! I'm not complaining about it but I will admit, I'm looking forward to a relief of pressure and tightness all over. Appointment was good today; Chandler is measuring right at 39 weeks and on track! I am still dilated to a 4 but 90% effaced now and just waiting on my water to break at anytime! Lots of spotting today after my check but that's to be expected. Dr. Capet discussed induction and we are planned for Thursday, June 17th, 2021 at 0600am at St. David's North Austin Medical Center!! Ahhhhh!! I'm so excited!!! I'm nervous and anxious, but insanely excited to meet my baby and watch Brandon become a daddy! 

After my appointment, I was feeling pretty crampy so came home and laid down for an hour. I was planning on taking it easy but Brandon wanted to go cycle the hills and asked me if I wanted to go. Realizing this was an opportunity for us to spend time together and a way I could support him, and also knowing these days of spontaneity are limited for a while, I said sure! He took us out to Lake Way, parked the jeep where I stayed nice and cool, and he cycled up/down an insanely difficult hill 7 times!!! I so loved being there to jump out and cheer him on when he reached the top, help with his water bottles, and just spend some time supporting him! When he was down the hill and out of site, I enjoyed viewing our shower photos I got back today and had a great time reliving that day! After, he took me to The County Line BBQ place that I've been wanting to go to! I've heard it's an Austin staple and wanted to try it out. Although most things give me heartburn and I can't eat too much at one time, I really enjoyed the time together, trying a new place and checking it off the bucket list, and I enjoyed their okra and pulled pork a lot! I had the best time with Brandon today and the highlight was on the way home when my right hand was on my belly holding Chandler and Brandon picked up my left, kissed it, and then held it close. That was the sweetest little moment and it hit me that I have two amazing boys in my life and it really just doesn't get any better than this! Riding in the passenger seat and watching the sun go down, I thanked the Lord for what He has done and savored the moment as much as I possibly could. What a great day!

















Comments

Popular Posts