36 Weeks! 5-21-21 to 5-27-21

 5-21: Today has been rotten! Thankfully, I'm home and my shifts/clinical with students are finished and I can rest at home! Nesting has been in full force and I'm so glad that I took the time this week to put the final touches on the nursery, clean the house, and pack hospital bags! The steroid shot (Betamethasone) I got Wednesday and Thursday for a total of 24mg has really made me feel completely horrible. I have had all the icky side effects (flushing, feverish, abdominal discomfort, worsening heartburn/acid reflux, absolutely no sleep, wooziness, dizziness, appetite loss, and just overall feelings of misery) and I cannot get comfortable. I'm resting all day and Brandon has been so sweet to check on me throughout the day. I took a warm bath, which made me feel a little better, and then back to bed. In the meantime, Bethany and mom are Austin bound for Bethany's dress fitting tomorrow and I will be meeting them at the Omni Hotel early tomorrow. Praying I feel better by then and once the 48 hour mark from the second shot passes, I'll feel more like myself. 

5-22 to 5-23: The girls (mom and Bethany) visited and although I honestly wasn't up for company, it was good to see them and I enjoyed the visit. It was a quick trip, which I was thankful for simply because I'm tired, it's rainy/stormy weather and not much to do, and I really am just uncomfortable most of the time. While I have loved my pregnancy whole heartedly, I am tired and enjoy being alone for the most part (aside from Brandon of-course). 

We visited the bridal shop and it was great to see Bethany in her dress again! It's so beautiful and I'm so happy to be a part of her bridal journey! Afterward, we went to Ilarios with Brandon for dinner, followed by going back to the Omni to relax and do more wedding planning. Surprisingly, I slept a few hours and although the steroids were still in full force, the sleep made me feel so much better! I'm really looking forward to the next few days passing and hopefully feeling even better soon. With limitations, I'm finding myself restless at home and wanting to either garden or go for walks, but seeing as how I'm already walking around dilated at a 2 and trying to get to 37 weeks this Friday, I'm having to reign it back and just enjoy being at home. I'm staying busy though, blogging, finishing thank-you cards, making dinner every night, keeping the house extra tidy, and resting when I feel like I'm able to. 

5-24: Still on baby watch! Not any notable changes so far but I go back this Thursday for a re-check and I'm kind of really hoping I'll be more dilated and and sent to the hospital! I can't wait to meet my son and see Brandon become a dad. In the meantime, it's more home bound activities for now, a new puzzle to keep me busy, and as Brandon said, "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" until Chandler makes his big arrival! As for symptoms, the heartburn ensues but chocolate milk has been a big help with that! Not really wanting all the extra calories it offers, but as Brandon pointed out with my decrease in appetite and consumption, the extra protein and vitamins from the milk are a great meal substitute, and it helps with the chest discomfort. Dr. Capet brought up a great point last week as well, since Austin has been in a rain/storm season for the past 3 weeks, the barometric pressure changes could definitely put me into labor!! I still hope to get to 37 weeks so we can avoid the NICU as much as possible but I'm also so ready to meet him! I can wait though and I want him to be as healthy as possible! All of this and the many emotions have me clinging to God for peace and letting Him have his way! I know He has us in the palm of His hand and we have nothing to worry about! 

In the meantime, we got our maternity photos back and they are so beautiful! I'm so, so thankful we took the time to do them, even though we are a bit "photo'd" out! I will forever be thankful for the memories we made that night, the beautiful scenery, time with Brandon, and the amazing photos to cherish for the rest of our lives! Brandon and I sat down last night (Sunday evening) and looked through them together. It was so sweet and he was really happy with how they turned out too! Here are some of our favorites! We received 29 back from our 30 minute session and they are all so special to us. Courtesy of Silver Bee Photography, Hillarry Pitts, Austin, Texas. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE how the dress photographed and how Blo Dry Bar in Lakeway did my hair and makeup! I felt really beautiful, which meant the world to me! (Dress: Express clothing, Domain. Shoes, Steve Madden, Dillard's, Domain). 

5-25: Spent some time in the nursery today making final touches, ordered a beautiful pottery barn side table for the rocker that I know will be a favorite item and come in extra handy during feeding times, ordered a crib mobile arm also from pottery barn for his beautiful mobile that arrived from London, and also installed the car seat! Each day, I make sure the house is extra clean, the chores are caught up, and everything is ready to go in case I go into labor! I've sorted through our hospital bags at least 5 times making sure we have the necessities and have officially picked out Baby Chandler's going home outfit! I can't believe it getting so close! I am getting so excited to meet him!

5-26: Still taking it easy and trying to avoid putting myself into labor since we need to get to the 37 week mark but am feeling more like my normal self now that the steroid shots are starting to wear off! Finally! Spent the day at home finishing up our thank you cards and I'm SO happy to say that I'm finally done with them! I have made at least 70 and I do my very best to make them personal and unique for each recipient! It's taken a lot of time but I have enjoyed it nonetheless and hope the gift givers enjoy the heartfelt notes I've sent back. We finished the day with Bible study at the Mobley's and talking about Revelation. It was so great to see everyone since we've missed a few weeks due to everyone traveling for different reasons and us being in childbirth/newborn classes three Wednesday's in a row. While visiting, Grace brought up the point that this might be the last time they see me pregnant! That is so true! He could really make his big arrival at any time now!

5-27: Appointment day! I am dilated to a THREE now!! I'm so excited!! Dr. Capet continues to think he will come a little early and has given me strict instructions to come to the hospital as soon as my water breaks or if I get to 6 contractions an hour! It makes me so nervous and insanely excited that he may come soon!!! She went ahead and scheduled me for induction on June 17th, with an admission date of June 16th in the evening to ensure things get moving on the morning of the 17th! I really, really hope I go into labor naturally and of-course am praying things go amazingly well! The Lord has me in His palm and I know He will finish His good work! I don't have to worry or be afraid, I only need to trust in Him and keep my eyes on Him! Other news, my platelets are better after the steroid shot and are now back to 140 from 130, which made Dr. Capet very happy! So even if he doesn't come early, I didn't suffer the awful side effects for nothing! 

I spent the rest of the day at home in bed and very uncomfortable after being checked for dilation. I was pretty miserable and crampy, lots of pressure, and managing bleeding but I know it's just part of it. Brandon was so sweet and let me rest before taking me to a casual dinner nearby at Mangerie's, to get me out of the house. Tomorrow we will be 37 weeks and I am so thankful!!!! I sat in his nursery today and just prayed thanks to God for all He has done! It wasn't long ago that we were pleading with the Lord for a baby of our own! I've gone from standing at the guest room doorway imagining where I would put a baby crib to sitting in the rocker and looking around his beautiful nursery that is ready for him to be in it! It's been such an amazing journey of faith and promise and I am in awe of what God has done. 






Comments

Popular Posts