35 Weeks! 5-14-21 to 5-20-21
5-14-21: 35 week mark!! Up until now, I have felt really great but this week I have started to feel increasingly more uncomfortable! It just kind of hit over night it seems! I don't sleep, I can't get settled, stomach is upset, the heartburn is relentless and I swear that even saliva makes it so much worse at this point (not being dramatic in the least), and I have to pee just about every 1-2 hours! I know this is all part of it and it's a small price to pay to have Chandler here safely, but I am thankful that this is the final stretch and not all of pregnancy feels this way! Today, I worked at the ACC vaccine clinic again and although I'm happy to have the hours/income, I was more than ready to get home and settled!
5-15: Today was our Cycle Group Baby Shower! It's our fourth and final baby shower, and although neither of us like the attention or having people buy things for us, we are extremely thankful for all the gifts and time others have taken to celebrate our sweet little baby! Of all the showers we've had, this one was my favorite! Brandon's cycle group is such a wonderful group of respectable and kind individuals and I greatly enjoyed our day together! The shower was hosted by Denise and held at Dale's beautiful home. The weather couldn't have been better and we enjoyed mingling and visiting with everyone poolside for the three hour event. They catered Chuy's, had fresh sugar cookies and cupcakes made especially for the shower, and it was such a classy yet casual time! It was definitely our kind of day! We are so thankful for the diapers, registry gifts (our registry has been 100% fulfilled now- wow!), all the adorable cycle onesies and his first yellow cycle jersey, and the amazing MamaRoo baby swing that was at the top of Brandon's wish list!! We are so, so fortunate to have all the baby gifts and I can't wait to use them all! What a wonderful day today was!
5-16: Church and hospitality team today! Love our church and our church family! Afterward, Brandon and I spent the day together as always enjoying quality time and relaxing together. I love my husband so, so much and am so excited to meet my little fella soon!
5-17: Worked on finishing our birth plan document today and deciding how I would like our delivery to go but honestly, I expect things to change simply because babies come when they want and I know how important it is to be flexible in the world of medicine. The only things I really want are to have an Epidural, for Chandler to arrive safely, and for an uncomplicated delivery with no major issues. Other than that, I don't mind if he does/does not have a pacifier, if Brandon or Dr. Capet cut his umbilical cord, etc. Once that was done, I worked on packing our hospital bags! It seems so surreal to be packing our hospital bags already! Time has really passed so quickly!
5-19: Appointment Day! I went for our first weekly routine appointment checkup and am shocked and excited to report that she checked my cervix today, and I am dilated to a TWO!!! Eeeeekkk! How exciting!!! She counseled me on what to watch for, when to call/go to the hospital, and to take it easy between now and next Friday, the 28th, because that's when he will officially be early full term at 37 weeks! To be extra safe, she started me on Betamethasone steroid shots, one today 12mg, and I go back tomorrow for a second dose. This is so if he comes early, his lungs will be better developed and we can likely avoid a NICU stay. I weighed 137.8# and she also sent me for a platelet count check since I run borderline low in the 130's-150's. I couldn't wait to get home and tell Brandon the big news but also didn't want to scare him so I waited until after dinner to casually mention that I have started to dilate. We finished the night with our newborn care class from 6:30-9:30 and then finally went to bed! Really glad I started packing hospital bags and Dr. Capet reinforced that today when she told me I needed to get home and finish packing!
5-20: I feel rotten!! Absolutely terrible since the steroid shot but I went back for my second dose today as planned and am so fortunate I can stay home and rest as they begin to do their job and then metabolize out of my body! Brandon has been so supportive and sweet, told me to rest and "not move a muscle," and has kept the cool wash cloths and forehead kisses coming! I sure love my sweet husband and think Chandler is the luckiest little boy to have Brandon as a daddy!
Comments
Post a Comment