30 weeks! 04-09-21 to 04-15-21

 4-9: I have a new favorite little thing in life!! The pleasant little chime that my phone makes alerting me that someone has purchased an item off of our BuyBuy Baby or Pottery Barn Kids registries!! It's the cutest thing and I get so tickled when I'm doing something and hear that little chime! I immediately open the alert and see what was purchased! It makes me so excited each and every time! Silly, I know but such a little joy in life right now! 

4-10 to 4-12: Uneventful weekend. Clinical day on Saturday, church on Sunday, and meetings on Monday. 

4-13: Today I had a meltdown!! I haven't had many of them, maybe one or two this whole pregnancy, and I think I've done a really great job of handling emotions/hormones so far, but today it just happened. I think it's partly being tired from all the events lately, work, and drives to Dallas but it all kind of just hit at once this afternoon. I had errands to do, none of which really went as planned, for the first time this pregnancy I was so miserably hot I could have cried, and I'm at the point where I'm in between clothes and nothing really fits! My normal clothes don't fit well but maternity clothes swallow me and look like circus tents! It's so frustrating! There are no maternity stores anymore and everything seems to have moved online, which is fine and I enjoy online shopping as much as anyone else but it's challenging when you can't try anything on and have to spend money/time waiting to get something delivered only to find out a size Small is way too big! I'm short as it is and my chest/belly just aren't on par with the "normal" sized pregnant woman so I'm just caught in the middle. I felt so unattractive and was really just defeated overall so this turned into tears very quickly! I love my belly and baby and I'm so proud of my body for changing but it seemed to have happened overnight and I will feel better when I'm either more pregnant or when I can find a line of clothing that fits me! I talked it over with Bethany who was a big help and we ordered a few things from PinkBlush Maternity and BumpShow Maternity that I'm hoping will fit perfectly. 

I had to get it together because I promised Brandon I would meet him at COTA with his friends after they were done cycling. I'll be honest, I wanted to go to bed instead but I kept my word and met him out. Thankfully, we only visited for about 30 minutes as everyone was tired and ready to head home. Once in the jeep, he asked me how I was feeling and I lost it! I tried so hard to not cry and complain over silly things but my heart was just sad! He grabbed my hand, kissed it, and held it close to him all the way home! He said it would all be okay and this would pass; I know he's right! It meant so much to me that although he couldn't fix the problem, he held me through it! 

4-14: Well hormones sure are funny little things because after a good cry yesterday and a decent night's sleep, I felt much better today! Thank goodness! 

Today also happens to be our baby shower thrown by our ALC community group! While we don't really want to be showered and don't want people spending their hard earned money on us, we are humbled by their love and support and know we can't tell them not to celebrate Baby Chandler! 

The shower was so wonderful and we had the best time with our group! It was casual, fun, and full of love! The group did such a wonderful job hosting us and I am so thankful for all their support! The cake was absolutely amazing and I loved the opportunity getting to personally thank each and every one of them for the years of prayers and support during our battle with infertility. It was a wonderful evening and I thank God for such a great support system! 

4-15: School day today from home for their SIMS session. Uneventful but good and I really enjoyed getting to be home and not have to go to campus! 












Comments

Popular Posts