28 Weeks! 03-26-21 to 04-01-21
3/26: Happy third trimester to us!!!! I can't believe it! I clearly remember driving to the hospital last November for clinical on a Saturday and praying to God that He would oversee this pregnancy and bring it to full term! That this baby would grow in His image and that I wouldn't lose him. I'd pat my belly and plead to God that we would make it to the second trimester. Now, here we are in the third! What a beautiful and special day this is!
It's a GORGEOUS spring day here in Austin. A gentle breeze, warm but not hot sunshine, and spring in the air. We are all kinds of joyful today because God gave us sleep last night! We ended the day with a hot epsom salt bath and quality time with Brandon. He tucked us in around 10:30 and I slept until 1:15am! The best part is that after getting up to use the restroom, I went back to bed and the next thing I know, the sun is peeking through the blinds!! Brandon and I were snuggled up like high school sweethearts, his arm wrapped around my belly, and I woke up feeling refreshed for the first time in weeks!! Thank you, Lord! What a beautiful gift!
Today, we treated ourselves to an overdue hair appointment and little pampering to ring in this new spring season and third trimester! She cut about 5 inches off, still leaving it long and past my elbow, but fresh and light! It looks beautiful and healthy! I loved visiting with my stylist, Elizabeth, and feel so beautiful today. Back at home, baby Chandler and I are sitting on the front porch admiring our spring flowers and newly planted beauties while rocking back and forth in the rocking chair mom got us as a house warming present. It's an amazing thing to realize that in a few short months, I'll be sitting in this same rocker, rocking my baby boy in my arms instead of in my belly. I don't know that I've ever been more joyful and yet calm in my entire life. Most people tell me that they were stressed or anxious over having a baby but this pregnancy and sweet baby has given me all the calm and peace I could ever dream of. To see God work and know that He has heard my cries for a child is something that I will never be able to fully put into words. It's a feeling; a part of me now. It has strengthened my faith and taught me how to trust Him more and go against the culture. If I had a list of people that told me last year to do IUI or IVF, I would have a book! My own family included. It reminds me of scripture "where is your faith?" I knew He could hear me and I knew I was in infertility for a reason, and maybe one that would never be solved on this side of Glory- but with His guidance, I learned how to be thankful for that and move forward. Then, on one beautiful October day in 2020, He would reveal to me that I was going to be a mommy. He has given me what I don't deserve and more than I could ever ask for.
Last night was equally as wonderful and a night I won't soon forget. It wasn't fancy or pre planned, but it was my very favorite. I worked in the yard and Brandon went on a bike ride. When he got home, we decided to go to the pizza place down the street that we always seem to forget about. We had the best time truly visiting and conversing with one another! It was so sweet! We laughed and joked, had serious chats, and just enjoyed our time together. He said the sweetest most vulnerable things like "I just can't see why men can't watch their own kids? Is it really a thing that the dads don't know how to take care of their kids for 24 hours so the mom can go out or do something?" "I know it will be difficult at times but it's not just the moms problem. These dads should be involved...." He continued on with things of that nature and it just melted me to know he not only will be helpful but has a want and Godly desire to be the headship in our home and in Chandler's life. I am so in love with my husband and I can honestly say, I really do thank God for him every single day.
In other news, I got the cutest little classic Golden Book in the mail today from Amazon but have no idea who the sender is. Their is no receipt, no name, no card, nothing except a sweet little "Football with Dad" Golden Book Classic. I would really love knowing who to thank but I'm hoping maybe it's an order that is coming in 2 pieces maybe and that the ordering label with the senders information will be coming at a later time? That's the only way I know to figure out who to thank? Amazon won't tell me out of customer privacy and the shipping/tracking information on the package label only tells me it was fulfilled in San Marcos, which we don't know anyone there so that simply has to be the closest fulfillment center.
Comments
Post a Comment