16 weeks! 01-01-2021 to 1-7-2021
1-1-21: Happy New Year!!! I'm so excited for 2021! I'm looking forward to growing into a deeper relationship with God, another year of intimacy and marriage with Brandon, experiencing the joys of pregnancy and watching my body grow a baby, and most of all, I'm so excited to meet our son, Baby Chandler!
2020 was certainly full of surprises but despite the associated disappointments with COVID, I have so much to be thankful for in 2020! Brandon and I spent so much quality time together, we go the pleasure of working from home a lot and we both really enjoyed it, and we spent more time at home enjoying each others company. I got back to running and had the most amazing summer/fall on the trails, he rode his bike more than he would have been able to, and we grew deeply with the Lord as we pursued Him through the unknown, including our struggle with infertility. Our biggest gift of 2020 was finding out on October 12th that we were pregnant!!! What an amazing end to a wild year!!
Today, Brandon went on a century ride (crazy right) and Baby Chandler and I spent the day cozy at home! We watched a new show, got caught up on a few little work tasks, and made dinner for Brandon. I wanted to badly to go run the trails but with the past 24 hours of rain, they will be a muddy mess. I'll have to run the neighborhood or dog park instead and get back to the trails in a few days when they are dry.
Brittney send me the sweetest video today of her and Peggy shopping for Baby Chandler at Dillard's. They got him the cutest little outfits and I am so thankful! It was just precious!
(Today, I weighed 117, feel great, no cravings, no major changes)
1-2-21: Woke up with an icky headache today so staying in to rest and just working on what I can from home. Brandon is taking me out tonight for Italian food at Ilario's and I'm looking forward to getting dressed up and spending the evening with him. He said the sweetest thing to me last night while we were watching tv together. He said, "I'd love to take you to Houston tomorrow for the weekend and take you to your favorite hotel and Galleria... but I don't know how that will work in COVID." I felt so special and loved! I told him that as much as I wanted to go to Houston and the Galleria, I agree that we should probably continue avoiding public places for now. I did however ask him if he would instead accompany me to a maternity store soon to buy new necessities and explained that although I'm sure the clerks would be kind and helpful, I'm still a bit nervous and new to this. He smiled and said of course he would. I sure love him!
Turns out I felt worse and worse today. My headache raged for the entire day and because of it and/or hormones, I found myself leaning over the toilet nauseated again. We cancelled our night out and ordered Cheddar's to-go instead. While I was walking to the kitchen, I suddenly felt like my belly had instantly grown! Like he just decided to finally pop out and join us! It was so strange! Even Brandon hugged me before bed and touched my belly and said "Whoa, it's getting tight down there!" We both laughed and gave each other the surprise look while I responded, "I know! I thought so too! It's like he just popped out today!" It was a sweet little moment and I am getting so excited! While I haven't loved the icky days and feeling sick, I have so loved being pregnant so far!
1-3-21: In keeping with the theme of odd dates, Brandon and I decided today would be a good day to post on fb our pregnancy announcement. Although, I'm not one to really share much on fb and don't like the overall concept of it or how much time it can sneak from us without our realization, it was very important to the grandparents and aunts that we post something. With respect to all the women that are quietly suffering from infertility, I know the pain of seeing yet another insensitive pregnancy announcement so it was critical to me that I firstly exalt the Lord for He has made this happen and secondly, extend comfort and company to those struggling. After many weeks of writing, we settled on this announcement and I deeply hope it helps comfort those that are struggling.
"Brandon and I are overjoyed to share that we are expecting a baby BOY this summer! Chandler Lively Davis is due in June and we are so excited to meet him!
Infertility is certainly not a path we expected to travel, and while it has been indescribably painful and dark, we are thankful for God's ongoing peace during the storm. What we viewed as devastating, The Lord lovingly used as a season to deepen our faith, strengthen our marriage, and reveal to us more of His goodness and grace.
Thank you to our Austin Life Church family and Community Group for your unwavering love, prayers, and support. To our mothers and sisters, you have been an anchor of strength during our years of waiting and it is through you that God comforted us.
~To our courageous friends battling infertility, you are not alone. Brandon and I share your grief and celebrate your hope. Your pain is never wasted and even in the depths of darkness, He is good. Your scars are a beautiful reminder of the wounds you have fought to heal from. We love you, support you, and are walking with you."
Of-course Lovie and Granna went wild and couldn't wait to share the news of our little miracle boy! It makes me so happy to see them and my sisters so happy! I enjoyed reading the comments and especially appreciate the private text messages. I don't believe fb is a reflection of the real world so I take the commenting with a grain of salt, however it was sweet to read nice words from genuine friends.
Later in the day, Chandler and I went for a long walk, which as I suspected, turned into a run! I just can't help it! I love to run! Dr. Capet told me running was fine so I am going with it! After missing 10 weeks of running/physical activity because of morning sickness and lack of energy, it feels so good to be back out there running! I have the most wonderful time running and find so much freedom in my alone time. I love worshiping the Lord during my runs and listening to Christian music. More often than not, tears pour as I worship through song and my ability to run and it just seems that running is such an intimate time between me and God. I truly love and value my runs.
1-4 to 1-7-21: Spent the week resting at home and spending time with Brandon. Had a wonderful little dinner date at our favorite, Ilario's! The manicotti is my absolute favorite! I've really enjoyed being at home and being on winter break from the college, while also have an extra week off from the clinic. Not only am I enjoying it because I'm loving the quality time with Brandon and Baby, but I'm also getting quit a bit done (including our announcement video) and getting to rest when sleepiness hits.. and also getting to avoid risks of getting COVID and other winter viruses that are dangerous to pregnant women.
This week, I walked into the living room and Brandon giggled and said, "you're starting to look pregnant." I of course laughed and said "am I getting fat?" He said, "haha no, not at all, just starting to carry yourself different." It's been so much fun being pregnant and being on this journey with Brandon!
Symptoms this week: nothing new, a few bouts of sleepiness that pop up in the afternoon but nothing too drastic.
Comments
Post a Comment