15 weeks! 12-25-20 to 12-31-20

 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! 

12-25-20: Along with the theme of dates that stand out, I'm 15 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day!! I'm feeling great and although I miss my family, I'm so happy to be home and settled after our trip to Eufaula. In an effort to be safe and do our part, as well as keep Baby Chandler extra safe, we are spending the holidays at home and keeping to ourselves. Per request, I made Brandon meatloaf, a beautiful charcuterie board (my first and it was so fun to make), his favorite banana pudding, and homemade mashed potatoes. We had a wonderful day together! He loved his new shoes I bought him and I loved the sweet and thoughtful 2020 ornament and cookware he got me. I surprised Brandon by making the famous Elf dish in the movie and he thought it was hilarious! I couldn't get him to try it but we laughed anyway. 

12-26-20: Today I went for a run for the first time in 10 weeks!! I was nervous since I haven't felt up for running and it's been so long, but I'm happy to report that it was AMAZING!!! I ran an easy 1.5 miles in 14 minutes (trail) and I loved being back out there!! I had the best time and I was so happy my body seemed to just pick it right back up like I missed a week! With all the morning sickness between weeks 6-11(ish) and then having very little energy, accompanied with weight loss and gestational subclinical hyperthyroidism, I just thought it best to avoid burning extra calories and putting more stress on my already fatigued body. Today felt so normal and I'm so thankful! Baby Chandler is going to love the trails and playing outside! 

12-27-20: Today I worked at Lake Austin and it was honestly kind of a beating but at least it was a short day. Brandon had planned to take us to look at Christmas lights but by the time I got home, showered, and settled, we decided we'd rather have a nice evening at home. He is always so sweet to always have dinner ready for me and tonight was no different. He had Chili's delivered, which was extra delicious after not having time to eat today! I loved the shrimp tacos he got me and of course their chips/salsa! 

12-28 and 12-29: Took the car in for maintenance and stayed busy doing things at home. I'm feeling great and took the time to get the baby doppler out and listen to little Chandler's heartbeat! It's the best sound and I love hearing it! I don't do it often because I know if I can't find it, I will lose my mind, but every now and then, I'll listen for it and it was as strong as could be today in the 150's! The best part of my whole month was when I got a package today and it was $800 worth of maternity clothes ordered for me by my amazing mom!!!! Who does that?!?!?!?! It made me cry!!! I felt so loved and special!! I have felt so nervous and self conscious about having to one day soon go buy maternity clothes and having no idea where to start! I'm feeling intimiated and vulnerable about it and then I get the most wonderful package I may have ever gotten in my whole life! I felt like a million dollars trying on such sweet and beautiful pieces of clothing! Although a tad big still, I can already tell they are going to fit so well and I felt so beautiful and proud in them! I will never be able to repay her for this gift and I do not deserve having her as my mom. I hope I can be even half the mom she is! 

12-30: Today we dealt with more car issues, still not repaired but at least we got a rental in the meantime so if we need to get out, we can. I don't like wasting time so I'm trying to make the best of the situation and take advantage of working from home, playing catch up, cleaning house, journaling, and spending time with Brandon. 

To help us feel better, Lovie sent us Tiff's Treats and it was so sweet! She is so funny! Turns out that when she first ordered us Tiff's Treats, she entered our address as 1908 instead of 1909, which means that our order went to the neighbors. Not ever remembering to change it, I now know that any treat she sends us is going to be delivered across the stress to Rosie! We had the biggest giggle and Brandon had fun running across the street being a porch pirate to steal our warm cookies and bring them home! They made our night and helped make an icky day so much better! Here's hoping we can get the car back and finally repaired right, get the inspection done, and enjoy a great weekend and New Year's Day! Black Eyed Peas are in the cabinet and ready to be eaten. We joke that we are going to eat a double serving for 2021 after seeing how strange 2020 was! 

12-31: Last day of 2020!!! Everyone has complained about what a terrible year it has been and while I agree it's been odd and had lots of surprises, I can't say it was terrible. I really enjoyed working from home more, spending more time in my garden, spending more time with Brandon at home, spending less time going out into public, spending more time running, and of-course the highlight of my year has been finding out that I'm pregnant with Baby Chandler!! Chandler, you have no idea how much joy you have brought us!!! Nothing else seems to matter except you!! I especially loved delivering the news to our family, who also had their year made by learning our first baby was conceived!! That was such a special weekend and one I will never forget!




Comments

Popular Posts