12 weeks! 12-4-20 to 12-10-20

December 5th: Last day of clinical for the semester! It was a great half day and I got to share the exciting news of baby Davis with my students, who were so excited and happy!! It's so fun to bring so much joy to conversations and days by simply sharing that I'm pregnant! 

December 6th: Worked at Pflugerville clinic today and while it was pretty good, I was happy when the shift was over. A fight with the printer cartridge wasn't fun but thankfully, it was at the end of the day and the sweet store clerk, Cody, was so patient to help me fix it! After my shift, I headed home to Dallas to spend a few days visiitng the girls and help Bethany wedding plan. I also had big, BIG, plans to spend some one-on-one time with her and tell her all about her baby nephew!!! Aside from being extremely close and best friends, and wanting to tell her first, I really wanted to spend some time with her and make sure she knew that I would still be focused on her wedding and her special season! I got to mom's about 9pm and was so happy to see that she and Bethany were up and gathered in the kitchen. Bethany was at the table working on wedding plans and mom was icing a fresh batch of her homemade cinnamon rolls!! I couldn't tell her but that's just what me and baby wanted!!! We enjoyed a hot cinnamon roll and late night wedding planning before showering and going to bed. Bethany made a comment, "you look really pretty for having worked a full day and drove so far." I wanted to tell her it was probably the pregnancy hormones to blame but of-course I couldn't! 

December 7th: One of the sweetest and most beautiful days I've ever had! Definitely a day that is responsible for one of the sweetest moments I'll ever have! Bethany and I woke up, had chick-fil-a and coffee for breakfast (our favorite breakfast tradition when we're together) and then spent the morning in my bed snuggled up, cozy, and she worked on wedding planning, while I worked on other things (and waited patiently for her to be ready for a break so I could tell her about baby)! I was dying inside!!! My heart was pounding and I couldn't wait to tell her! We were looking at wording for the invites when my phone rang with an Austin phone number. I thought it was the air conditioner man making an appointment to replace our thermostat so I was shocked to hear Dr. Capet's nurse on the other end of the line! I jumped up and ran downstairs to be alone and the nurse told me everything was normal on Baby's genetic testing and that she had the sex of the baby! Oh my gosh!!!!! She asked me if I wanted to know and I immediately answered "yes! Oh wait, um no! I don't know!" She said she could easily call someone else or leave it in an envelope at the front desk and then I realized that there was no better time to find out if I'm having a boy or girl! I was at home (like home home in Mckinney), Bethany was upstairs snuggled in my bed planning her wedding, Brandon was working in Austin and I could surprise him with the news, and I just didn't like the thought of my baby's gender sitting in an envelope or remaining on a computer screen at the doctor's office. I said, "no I want to know! I really do! I'm sure!!" She verified again that I was sure and with all my excitement brewing, I confirmed yes and then hung on to every single word that followed! Pacing the kitchen, I listened as she said, "Okay! Baby Davis... is a sweet... little... baby... BOY!!!!!!!!" I squelled with joy! Giggled and said "awww okay! Perfect! I knew it! Thank you so much!" My intuition was right and all those thoughts that it was a boy were correct!!!! I'm going to have a son!!!!! Brandon and I are going to be parents to a sweet little BOY!!!!! I was shocked, overjoyed, and all felt completely right in the world! I prayed thanks and then headed back upstairs to Bethany. It was so hard to keep my joyful tears in and not let on that I was completed an utterly overjoyed! I'm sure I was shaking and I know my heart was pounding! 

Back up stairs snuggled in my bed, we planned wedding Save The Dates, colors, invite details, and a million other little things when finally I said, "well it sounds like we need a break!" She said "yes! What do you want to do?" I said, "I can give you a little Christmas present (nudging her to say yes, which she did)!. I reached over and got the card I had made for her back in October when I found out about baby. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest!!!! A second seemed like an hour!! There we were snuggled in my bed like little girls again and she was about to find out she's going to be an Aunt! Opening it, she said "aww I like the card, it's pretty......" and then about 3 seconds later, after reading the first two words, "Aunt Bethany," she lost it! She started bawling and of-course I did too!!! We grabbed each other and held one another as we cried happy tears! Finally, when we could both speak words, she said "all I saw was 'Aunt Bethany'.... and I just.. oh my gosh.... this is the best news I've ever gotten.. ever.... oh my gosh....." We spent the next hour talking all about the details and how things were going for me, Brandon, and baby. She asked me if I knew what it was and I said "I just found out!! That's what the phone call was! I know what it is!!!!" She looked right at me smiling and said.... "ummmm...... girl!" I smirked a little, giving her a slight head tilt to which she met with wide eyes and said "BOY!" She was so excited and said "awwww wow! We finally get our little boy!" That's right, we finally get our boy in the family!!!! A few minutes later Brandon text me asking me if I had heard anything and I told him that all the genetic testing was normal to which he replied with one word, "sex?" HA! I wrote back "Yes! They told me but I think I'll tell you when I get home." He immediately wrote back "oh no, now!" I let Bethany call him and she told him "you're going to be a BOY DAD!" He giggled and replied "a boy dad lol! Love you girls." What a wonderful, wonderful day and such an exciting moment in our lives. It was just perfect for us and sure beat finding out at some silly ridiculous over hyped gender reveal party that is the new thing for expecting couples. That's not for us! Now we also get the fun of knowing just between the three of us and keeping it our little secret from everyone else! I already love HIM so, so much!!!!! I'm going to have a baby BOY!!!! I'm so excited to give Brandon a son and can't wait to see him be a father to his new little friend!!! 

After more "I can't believe it's" and talking about all the things we possible could, we headed to Allen for some wedding shopping, Hobby Lobby for invitation envelope hunting, and finally ended the day at our favorite Pho place in Mckinney. It was as delicious as always and we had the best time talking about the baby and the wedding! We had so much fun at the house later that night having inside jokes in front of mom and Jerry! It is SO wonderful that she knows now and I will always remember this special day! I'm so, so, so happy to share this with her and so excited we can talk about it with each other now! 

December 8th: Up early in in Sherman for my dentist appointment. Got to tell them I was pregnant, which was so exciting since they are like family to me! It's been so, so fun telling people we're pregnant! I guess I didn't realize when we found out that it would be so fun telling people! I was just so thrilled and amazing to be pregnant, that's all I really thought about! After my appointment, I had made plans to drive to Gainesville to see Brittney and tell her in person. She too has walked with me through the pain of infertility and helped cushion my bad days with funny realities and distractions. I stopped at a Starbucks and got her a latte and coffee cake, then headed to her work. I text her when I got there and she came out to visit for a few minutes. After hugs and realizing we hadn't seen each other in so long, I told her that I wouldn't stay long but that I had a little Christmas present for her and that she could open it real quick. I gave her the cutest auntie card and watched her open it. She started reading it and her mouth fell open! Then when she read that my due date was her birthday, she got teary eyed!! It was a precious little moment and I'm so glad I got to tell her in person! We hugged, giggled, and laughed before saying bye. Of-course it didn't take long after leaving before we were texting each other how excited we both were! I'm so glad she's going to be Chandler's honorary aunt! I've known and loved that woman since middle school days!! 

December 9th: An AMAZING day!!! We had our first sonogram and it was so wonderful! We got to see baby close up in my womb and it was incredible! Baby was moving all over the place and we got to actually see the flutters of it's heartbeat! It was our NT scan to check for genetic concerns, but everything looked great! It was so neat and surreal to be laying there looking a screen that was showing me images of the baby inside me! I can't explain it! I'm so happy Brandon can be there to experience the visits! He was the only man/partner in the waiting room today and I felt so special and honored that my husband comes with me to the appoinemets to check on our baby! We were able to confirm the chromosome testing as well and find out at our US together that Baby Davis is indeed a sweet baby BOY!!!! I always had a feeling if we ever had a baby, it would be a boy! I could just picture it! When we found out I was pregnant, I also had a strong feeling it was a boy! Call it intuition I guess! Brandon was thinking maybe baby is a girl, which them had me thinking maybe it's a girl but we both are so happy it's a boy. We would have truly been happy either way and definitely excited it's a boy! We are of-course choosing the name Chandler, as we have always loved that name and the namesake, Matt Chandler. For the middle name we are choosing Lively, after Brandon Lively of-course! Fun fact; years ago when we lived in Flower Mound and went to The Village Church, we were sitting in the auditorium watiting for the service to start and for some odd reason that I don't recall, we were talking about baby names. I suggested a few that he didn't love, he suggested some I didn't like, we liked Samuel and Daniel, and then I looked up while thinking and Matt was coming out to speak. I said, "We could name a baby Chandler, after Matt Chandler." Brandon thought for a second, said "hmm..." followed by "yes, I like it!" The rest is history! When we found out we were pregnant, a few days into it, Brandon messaged me back a reply to something we were chatting about and said "I guess we'll call it Chandler for now." I agreed and here we are! We have a sweet baby boy Chandler on the way!! This name is so special to us, not only because we both truly love it and it has been saved for a long time in our hearts, but because Matt Chandler spoke such truth and life into our dating and early years of marriage. Brandon went through recovery at Matt's church, we went through marriage counseling through that church, and God spoke truth and direction to us through Matt. Additionally, Lively, is not only Brandon's middle name but also Brandon's grandfather's middle name, who was a man of God and pastor in Odessa. We have his teaching bible and briefcase of sermon notes, which I think will be so special for Chandler to go through one day. We absolutely love our baby boy's name!! 

Back to the rest of the day, after our sonogram, we visited with Dr. Capet and all is well! She's great and I really am thankful she is my doctor. I feel very safe with her and like I'm in great hands! Baby is looking great, my vitals are wonderful, and all things pregnancy are right on track! All genetic testing is negative, she expects my Gestational Subclinical Hyperthyroidism to fully resolve by the 16 week mark, and my cervix is measuring a safe length! 





Isn't it just AMAZING to see this little boy growing inside me! I don't think the words exist to describe how I feel! Thankful, Amazed, In Awe, Overjoyed, Overwhelmed, Scared, Nervous, Excited, and everything in between! Mostly, I feel honored that God picked me to be a mom to His son and has found favor in Brandon and I. I feel loved by the Lord and so close to Jesus during this pregnancy. Little Chandler is less than a pound and he has already changed my life and furthered my walk with The Lord. 



Comments

Popular Posts