October 12th, 2020; The best day of our lives!
He has been so, so good to us!!!!
I AM PREGNANT!!!!!! I can't quite grasp that phrase and gather the weight of even typing those words yet!!!! Brandon and I are beside our selves with joy!! As he said, "I'm excited and terrified!" I think that describes us well!! We are going to be a sweet baby's mommy and daddy!!! Thank you Lord for your blessing, for walking us through infertility, and for always giving us your very best- even when your answer was "no." We are so thankful and rejoice in your Holiness!
As it was with every day, my normal was to get up, use the restroom, dip either an ovulation stick or a pregnancy stick (depending on the date of the month) in my urine, sit the stick down on the back of the toilet, weigh myself, wash my hands, walk back to get my sample stick, and upload a photo for quantitative value interpretation in my ovulation app, or look at a negative pregnancy test and toss into the waste bin next to the toilet. October 12th started out no differently, but boy did it end differently! I went through the normal routine, picked up the strip, looked at it, went to toss it and that's when I paused. I knew immediately what I was seeing, one pink control line and one very faint positive line, but my mind had to catch up to my eyes. I sat for a minute looking at it and saying "oh my gosh, I'm pregnant. Oh my gosh!" I didn't believe it. I honestly did not believe it; I thought it was a false positive. I've taken hundreds and after correlating negatives, I didn't believe this one was real. I sat it down, crawled back into bed with Brandon (on his side, which I do often in the morning so we can snuggle more), he held me close and into his chest, and I whispered to him, "can you keep a secret." He nodded yes and held me tight while I said, with tears in my eyes, "I think I just got a positive pregnancy test." He squeezed me tight and said "really?!" I replied, "I think so, it's positive!" We snuggled longer, got up, had coffee, at which point he began asking "did you pee on the thing again?!" Laughing, I said "no, I didn't need to go" but he insisted. Terrified, it would be negative and my fear that the positive was false was about to come true, I hesitantly took another pregnancy test. POSITIVE! I took several more throughout the day and they were all positive!
I think we were so shocked, we didn't even know how to go about our day! He had to go to work and I had work from home to do but I know we couldn't get it out of our minds!! There was also the point that after all we've been through, I don't think either of us would let ourselves get overly excited because of the fear it wasn't real. I messaged my doctor around lunch time, as I was scheduled for a consult to review my HSG results and possible uterine adhesion on Wednesday the 14th, and told her I had three positive at-home pregnancy tests. She replied with instructions to cancel my consult and instead go to lab. I went to lab on Tuesday, 10-13, for HCG and Progesterone testing, and again on Thursday, 10-15, for repeat levels to make sure the pregnancy was being supported and not chemical in nature, and sure enough- she reported my results that we were officially pregnant!!!!!!!!! We were thrilled but still somewhat scared of getting excited so during our weekly meeting, we agreed to allow ourselves joy but be aware that this may not last. We didn't want our fears to overshadow the opportunity to have joy and praise the Lord, but we also didn't want to be completely devastated if something happened. I told Brandon that even if we had a loss, I would forever be thankful for what God has done and never forget the moment of seeing a positive pregnancy test. Years of trying and years of not knowing why, and then there it was- a positive pregnancy test!
We went about our week as normal but as normal as it was, it was also vastly different! We gave little nods to our new excitement, started to talk about it more each day, and even had to learn to practice gentleness with each other as we were both learning how to feel and manage our new emotions.
I started taking little pictures and I can't say how great it felt to change some of my infertility apps from "trying to conceive" to "pregnant!" On the evening of the 12th, we had a delicious dinner downtown with the new ALC worship pastor and his wife, who told us she was newly pregnant. We just smiled at each other and Brandon would later tell me it was so hard to not tell them we too just got our first positive pregnancy test!!! On the 16th, we voted for Trump in the upcoming Presidential election, on the 17th I took another pregnancy test that turned positive immediately, and in the meantime I began reading about early pregnancy, healthy diet, and what to expect. My estimated due date is June 18th, 2021 but we will have an official due date once we see Dr. Capet in a few weeks.
October 12th, 2020 is a day I will never ever forget!!! The day I found out I'm going to be a mommy!!
Thank you Lord for all you have done for us and for allowing us this opportunity to lead your child to Jesus. We are so overjoyed and sing your praises!
Brandy
Week of October 12th: 4 Weeks pregnant. Last menstrual cycle Septemeber 11th, 2020, HSG Septemeber 18th, 2020, Fertile window week of September 28th, 2020, Peak Lutenizing Hormone Peak September 29th, 2020, Ovulation suspected October 1st, 2020, Sex on September 29th and October 1st. Positive pregnancy test on October 12, 2020.
Symptoms: Weight loss; 117.5lbs to 116. Went for a run on October 6th that was expected to be 4-5 easy miles and I was shocked when I could barely run 1/2 a mile! I had to stop running, catch my breath, and enjoy a 3 mile walk instead. When my body couldn't perform my normal run, I thought "hmm, I wonder if I am pregnant? This is so strange. I should be able to run far today, I hydrated and ate well last night!" I was right!!! It was baby Davis causing my lack of endurance!!! October 5th, 2020 took a very quick overnight trip home to visit mom and I swear while I was driving, I felt like something was lightly scratching my uterus. I had never felt anything like that before! It was not painful, it wasn't cramping, and it was so light but I felt it! Now I wonder if that was baby Davis implanting?!?! It was off/on for a few hours(ish) and then just went away!
Comments
Post a Comment