5 weeks! 10-16-20 to 10-22-20
We are five weeks this week!!! Overall, it's been an uneventful week, which I consider a huge blessing. I taught at the hospital on Saturday, 10-17, and told my TA, Charmaine, that we are expecting. She was so excited!! She guessed it when she asked how my week was and I just smiled ear-to-ear! She has been such a blessing to me and I thank God for her. What started out as a complete random phone call has turned into such a sweet little friendship! On 10-18, I worked at MC and it was a pretty normal day. I feel tired toward the end of the day, a little more than normal but I can't complain. I'm just so happy to be pregnant that I honestly don't think I could be in a bad mood if I tried.
We had our first little roadtrip this week to Eufaula/Stigler Oklahoma. Papa Davis passed away this week and we went to say goodbye. I would have so enjoyed telling him I was pregnant but I'm just not ready to tell anyone just yet. Brandon and I want to hear the heatbeat and talk to the doctor before we share our good news with family. Mom did say a few weeks ago while visiting with papa that he, out of nowhere, asked about me and then said "well tell her I'm praying for her to have a baby." Well God heard the prayers and I would soon find out that we were indeed pregnant!
I headed to Dallas early on the 19th, spent the day with mom, and then she, Bethany, and I headed to Stigler early on the 20th. We said goodbye to papa at the funeral and then went to visit grandma and grandma graham at the gravesites. We then enjoyed a really delicious home cooked meal at a local diner before going to our Inn (which we would later name Schitt's Creek after the show and question if Bethany got bit by bedbugs) to rest. Being a small town, there is absolutely nothing to do but we didn't mind. Mom worked on wedding planning and I helped Bethany with her final virtual check-off for school by being her patient. I wanted to tell them so badly that I was pregnant but I didn't want to do it without Brandon, and again, we really want to ensure the pregnancy before getting everyone excited. We left Stigler on the 21st, made it back to McKinney where we all got ready, and then drove to Dallas to try on wedding dresses! It was so sweet! I was feeling absolutely terrible and like I could vomit at any moment, but I refused to let anyone see that! Seeing Bethany in wedding dresses for the first time was such a special thing to be a part of that after a few minutes, I didn't even think about feeling sick anymore. We had a great time at Stanley Korshak Bridal at The Crescent Hotel, it was baby's first trip to Dallas, and then we had lunch at the famous and original El Fenix. Afterward, I went south to Austin and they went back North to McKinney. I hated to leave them but I was honestly a bit relieved to be alone again with my sprite and crackers. I didn't have to hide my morning sickness or watch every word I say, fearing I would slip and tell them I was pregnant!
Symptoms: Fatigue at the end of the day, having trouble sleeping and noting a lot of insomnia, noting weight loss- weighing about 115 from 116 last week. I've stopped running since I don't want to lose a lot of weight and also because I find myself becoming easily fatigued.
Comments
Post a Comment