Let's go to the Y!
For Christmas, Brandon got us a membership to the Y! I am so excited! We've already been several times and yesterday I took the kids swimming since it has a heated indoor pool! It was SO FUN! I wasn't honestly in the mood to do anything- it's cold here and hard to get out with the kids, coats, and bags, it's back to school week for faculty so my email is exploding and I'm feeling really overwhelmed since I have to work but can't seem to get anything done with kids around- especially when a computer is involved, and Brandon and I had a nice little argument which yielded wonderful fruit but of-course ruined our day. BUT, carpe diem! I got them all ready and took them swimming! I am so glad I did! They really had the best time and it was a good break from the house for me and it allowed Brandon to work in the quiet without kids squealing all day, or stressing me to keep them corralled during his appointments. Once we got there and go in the pool, Chandler just took off! He jumps, goes under water, and just swims! He amazes me everyday! He still wears his little crab floaty when I have both of them but I know he's so close to swimming on his own. Ruthie was ALL smiles! That girl is so self assured and I love that! She knows what she wants and doesn't need approval. She wanted to climb out and "fall-in," with my help of-course, at least 20 times. I am so thankful to have the Y in Buda and that we can go and play!
The rest of yesterday was just ick but those days happen. Brandon and I ended the day on the couch watching a movie and breathing off the roughness of the day and emotional exhaustion we're both feeling. God is good though and I know that His word is true. I know we holds us up and that arguments with resolution are very good. I'm looking forward to a great new day today and hopefully getting some work done that helps me feel more caught up and less pressure.
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment