Our Happy Halloween! Ruth is 1 and Chandler is 3!
11-3-24: We have had a very fun Halloween season in the Davis home! Our evenings have been spent strolling the neighborhood looking at decorations, going to the "Dancing House" as Chandler calls it (a well done, fully animated house with Halloween light show every night), and playing in the yard! We have painted pumpkins, carved pumpkins, and read lots of pumpkin themed books. This year, we went to Mom's for Halloween and she was so excited to have everyone home! I picked Chandler up on Tuesday after school, and we headed North. We spent the next 3 nights doing all-the-things! We played outside, played in the paint, went to parks, long walks, trips to Starbucks, playtime with Oakley, and so much more! On Halloween, we got the kids ready, and headed out! I can honestly say that we had the BEST time! Brandon was able to come up the night before so that made everything complete! We started off with a neighborhood pizza party and it was a blast. Then, it was time to trick-or-treat! Chandler was all smiles and really got the hang of it this year! Bethany, Oakley, and Dad had the wagon so we put Ruth in there and then were able to all get out together. Ruth had fun seeing all the costumes and riding along, and Chandler was the cutest little Marshall Paw Patrol I've ever seen. When Ruth got fussy, I took her to moms and handed out candy while Chandler and Brandon stayed out going door-to-door. All the chaos of the week, messes, fussing, and long drives were very much worth it for such a great Halloween night. The weather was perfect, the kids had an amazing time, and we were overjoyed to spend that time with them.
We ended the week not so great- Brandon went down on his bike but thank the Lord, he is okay! He is really beat up and covered in wounds but we are home and I even made it to work yesterday. I called-off today to stay home and take care of the kiddos, and help take care of him. It's been a very busy and hard few weeks and I felt like I needed to be in church with my family and home being mommy today. It's very challenging having a career and also being a mom to two little babies who favor their mommy, but God is faithful to see me through and I appreciate all of Brandon's support so much. We sure do love our little babies and enjoy each moment with them.
In funny news, Chandler woke up a few days ago and got fully dressed himself. It broke my heart a bit but also was so sweet that he picked his clothes and wanted to get dressed. He has become very independent and likes to "do it myself!" We love him so much. Ruth is as precious as ever and I felt so blessed that she, although unfortunately woke up several times last night, nestled into my chest and I got to snuggle her for several hours late last night. Brandon got up with her once too and got her settled and then I got my turn. We love our little Ruthie so much!
Comments
Post a Comment