A big weekend for our girl!! First steps!

Oh Ruthie! You are a go-getter! You are a determined, precious, sweet, and joyful girl! We all love and adore you very, very much! You make every day brighter, every smile bigger, and every moment sweeter! Ruthie took her first steps this weekend are we are so proud of her! About 2 weeks ago, she did one little let lift/air step in the kitchen so I knew it was going to be soon, and sure enough, we have a walker! It's amazing to see her progress and it makes my heart explode to see her joy when she learns something new! It was Friday, 11-22-24, a very warm November day and we were outside in the back yard playing. We had a blast playing in the sand, drinking from the hose, and playing on the water slide! Chandler was having a big time on the water slide and Ruth was with me on the porch warming up from the cool water. I got out the sidewalk chalk, which of-course she took a nibble of, ha, and then we were just playing with a truck that Steffy got them when I notice she had stood up and then took a big first step!! Amazed and grasping what was happening, I fortunately was able to grab my phone and video it!! I actually got her first steps on video!!! She was so strong and those wobbly little steps made my mommy heart so joyful! I cried some tears, cheered, and then she did it again!! Brandon was inside working and in a bit of a time crunch to get out the door for his next appointment but when he came to say bye to us, I told him to hold on and sure enough, she did it AGAIN for him!! He was so thrilled! It was precious to see him pick her up and cheer for her while she was all covered in sand and chalk, and he was in his nice black business suit! She certainly has him wrapped around his finger and they are an adorable little pair! He had to head to DFW and said "don't let her walk anymore until I get back, ha!" He's a good daddy and loves being with his babies. 

Over the weekend, I finished my last Saturday shift of the semester, thank you Lord. I love my jobs but the balancing act is very hard! Knowing I don't have to go to work for a few months and only have some clinic shifts is very relieving. The kids and I played, made a target toy trip for a new playdough ice cream toy (which Chandler has played with nonstop for three days), got a Gingerbread house for them to do with Steffy while I work on Saturday, a trip to the construction site park to see the progress, a sno cone run, and then lots of evening snuggles! Chandler slept in our bed with me both nights and we enjoyed the cuddles! We even got to see Santa this weekend! Ms. Andi across the street did a photo opportunity for the neighborhood and we made it just in time when I got home on Saturday! Chandler was all smiles and wished Santa a very happy Thanksgiving, and Ruth loved the candy canes! 

Brandon drove back early Sunday and made it in time for church! I loved worshiping and then looking up to see him walk in and give me the sweetest hug and embrace. Chandler has been missing him and was all smiles when Brandon picked him up from Sunday school. We spent the rest of our Sunday resting at home, playing outside, and ordered Tiff's Treats for a cookie picnic outside. To end the day, Ruthie went to bed early because she was so tired, and then I took Chandler on a walk with Kristin and Lincoln to play and look at Christmas lights. Those two boys are getting so sweet and playful together! It's adorable to see them becoming little friends. 

Now it's Monday and I know it will be a great day! All about good attitudes and grateful hearts! I'm up at 4:50, made fresh sourdough for the kids, and am having my morning quiet time (coffee, bible, tidy up, prayer, and some work) before the house wakes up. Lord, give us wisdom, guidance, and grace today. Let us look to you and not the world, help us to parent well and with mercy, not frustration. In Jesus name, Amen. 

Brandy

Comments

Popular Posts