Week 10! 08-27-21 to 09-02-21
8-29: Baby Chandler still isn't quite sleeping more than 1-2 hours at a time but I embrace the midnight hours just the two of us and enjoy co-sleeping with him in the morning hours. Last night was special though because Lovie slept with us and snuggled Chandler for most the night. We had a sweet moment when after his midnight feeding, the two of us just talked and reminisced in the dark with little Chandler between us. We talked about anything and everything! Finally at 2am, we dozed back off. Later, it was time to get up and get ready for church. It was great to have the extra help so Brandon could sleep while I got ready, and Chandler could sleep with Lovie. I hated to wake him up, after all he's always the one that wakes us up, but I had to get him ready. I was so excited to put him in his new green romper from Enlightened Baby! Lovie headed home and we headed to church. Chandler did great and afterward, we went to Mangeries for lunch. I miss mom so much when she leaves and I cherish every moment together. I know living closer would be so wonderful but I also know that we have a life here in Austin and I'm fortunate to not have to work full-time or have to send Chandler to day care. We really have a great and blessed situation and I don't want to uproot that.
We spent the rest of the day at home together. Sunday's go by so quickly but I so love being at church with my boys. It was extra special because the church announced Brandon will be a new Elder! I'm so proud of him!! He is an amazing man and I love that Chandler has him for a daddy.
An extra exciting thing was the discovry that Chandler did great with the Comotomo bottle!! Praise the Lord! Our little guy hates the bottle and although he rarely gets one, we are trying to making him for comfortable with them because when I'm at work, Brandon has to feed him from a bottle. It's still my breastmilk but he struggles so much with the bottle! This bottle has a specially designed nipple that really feels and resembles a breast nipple! He took it with no problem! I'm so relieved! I hate the thought of being at work and him screaming at having to take a bottle that he hates. This is such good news for us!!
08-30-21: Chandler wakes up in such sweet moods! He is cooing and "talking" to us more and more; It is the absolute sweetest! He seems to really love his new activity chair and we love watching him sit up in it! We had a good morning, he took his normal 1030 nap while I worked on organizing my clinical course, and we're just spending another blessed day at home. Daddy is working in the office today and we are so happy he's home with us! Chandler is wearing his new short set in size 3months and although it's a tad big, it fits well. I can't believe he is already so big!! I love watching him grow and I also miss my newborn so so much! Last night, he slept in his new magnetic me sheep gown and dinosaur sleep sack- they are the cutest!!! I love being able to dress him in the best quality and sweetest little outfits. Motherhood is just wonderful!
Later in the afternoon, Chandler got to see the rain for the first time! A summer rain came and we stepped out on the back porch to enjoy it! He was so calm and interested in the noise. It was precious! We didn't stay long because it's too hot outside during the day but the 10 minutes we spent together for him to see his first rainfall was priceless!
Comments
Post a Comment