Mommy and Ruthie's Staycation!
This week brought a big beautiful gift to us! Brandon had to be in Grapevine for a work conference from Sunday to today (Wednesday) and since he was going to be in DFW, mom asked is Chandler could come stay with her. As hard as it was, we said he could go! So, after church, Ruth and I came home and the boys headed to DFW! Brandon had a good conference, Chandler had a blast at mom's, and Ruthie and I had the most wonderful mommy/babymoon I could have ever imagined! I always strive to spend quiet time with each of them every day but having the home to ourselves was just magical! The weather was chilly with bits of sunshine coming out, our home was so cozy, and we snuggled every moment!
When we got home from church, we retreated to mine and Brandon's bed, I nursed her to sleep, and then just held and loved on her while I also relaxed and watched tv. I breathed in every single moment and will cherish our week together forever! We napped off and on and camped out in our bed all night. Monday, we stayed home and did the same; I caught up on sleep, she rested next to me and on my chest all day long. I did nothing else besides hold and love on her, and my heart is so full! I took her on walks, took lots of pictures, and caught up on rest. Tuesday, we met Stephanie from church at Summermoon for a coffee date and enjoyed talking about Jesus, then we went to Wal-Mart for a grocery run, and finished the day with our Steffy coming over to have tacos and visit. I stayed up late making sourdough and getting a few chores done before the boys came home. Wednesday, Ruth and I took advantage of our last lazy day together! We napped, nursed, and strolled around the neighborhood. Before I knew it, the boys were home and we were all so happy to be back together! I had a delicious lasagna soup dinner ready with fresh bread to go with it! I missed them so much but I wouldn't take for the time that Ruth and I had together. I got to really devote every moment to her and absorb her precious newborn days! I love my girl so much!!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment