Ruth is one month old! Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Little Ruth just turned one month old, two days ago, and I can't believe she's already been in our family for a month! It's been an amazing month and although we have of-course navigated new challenges and revisited some old ones, I wouldn't trade it for anything! Little Chandler has had a pretty major sleep regression and although I love the 2, 3, 4, and 5am episodes of him crawling in bed with me, it's just not working for our family. Between the two of them, they are constantly waking each other up and Brandon and I are up all night long. Ruth is a great baby, GREAT baby and will sleep 4-6 hour stretches at night but I feel more and more tired each day because of the all night interruptions. So, we decided that if we're going to have a sleep regression, we're going to do it together. Little Chandler is so in love with Ruth and wants to be near us all the time, which of-course we allow, but he's just not mature in his little emotions yet to remember to stay in bed so we put the crib rail back on two nights ago. It's been like magic! We do bedtime routine, tuck him in, and he will fuss for a few minutes before settling and falling fast asleep. He's sleeping through the night again and is a much happier boy during the day. We are much happier parents and things are instantly better because of the resolution with the nighttime bed hopping. 

Last weekend, 11-18, I took Chandler to the Touch-A-Truck event at the Buda Library and he loved it! We had taken him to one about 6 months ago but he loved this one even more. We work really, really hard to make sure each child gets 1:1 time with each parent, especially Chandler right now. So, daddy and Ruth stayed home while we had a mommy-son date! He loved the garbage truck the most and the host was so impressed that he knew all the correct names of the trucks and their pieces! We also spent time outside riding his tricycle that Lovie got him (he loves it and it's so adorable) and finished the day with a walk to see our construction site trucks. It was a full day and he had so much fun! It's so sweet to hear him tuck in the construction trucks and blow them kisses! 

Ruth had her one month appointment and she weighs 9lbs 1oz, already! I'm so proud of her and also so thankful that my milk supply is amazing this time! I can pump 6-8oz in the evening or early morning when she's sleeping and not ready to nurse, otherwise, she is great at nursing and we are very much in sync with one another! She got her RSV vaccine and did great, her newborn screen was normal, and Dr. Wagner was very happy with our little girl! 

In other Davis news, Brandon got his Vasectomy and is doing well, Chandler is still loving MDO and his vocabulary has exploded, and I am feeling great (tired some days of-course) but ready to get back to me! I'm excited for the winter months and all things Christmas! We are really enjoying our new church and Sunday School class and I'm feeling very settled in Buda, Texas. We have so much to be thankful for this season! I'm up early blogging today and the house is so cozy quiet! The glow of the Christmas tree is beautiful, the house is clean and I finally managed to mop the floors yesterday (love a shiny clean home), and little Ruth and I had a calm morning together nursing, changing, and now she is happy in her swing next to me while the boys sleep. Dare I say that I'm getting to enjoy a cup of HOT coffee this morning in peace, ha! 

Brandy 

Comments

Popular Posts