Halloween 2023: Our little pumpkins!
Happy Halloween! Holidays are so much fun now with littles in our home and we thank God every day for the time we have with them!
Little Ruth is 10 days old now and I can't believe it! She lost her little umbilical cord stump two nights ago, 10-29-23, just before her third bath at home. It's so bittersweet! Once they're born they just don't stop growing!
Austin is cold and rainy this week but we love it! It's a nice break from the horrible summer heat and although we've had to get creative with activities to keep Chandler on schedule, I can't think of a better time to have a birthday and bring home a new baby! It's made for cozy evening, warm snuggles, and just that overall sense of calm. We do a lot of pajama days and just try to enjoy every moment; I know it was pass by too fast.
As challenging as it is to get two babies ready, I just had to take Chandler trick-or-treating! Brandon was busy but I committed to the taking them and I am so glad I did! Chandler didn't want to wear a costume but settled on his dinosaur cape and I wore Ruth on my chest. Since our part of the neighborhood is still largely under construction, we drove to another area. We got out just in time to see the little parade and then took off to get some candy! It took a few houses but Chandler started to get the hang of it! We did about 4 long streets, each side, before it started to get too cold and dark. It was good timing though and he was ready to go home too. He had a great time and I love having this memory with my babies! Ruth was an angel and slept on me for the hour we were out. To make it easy, I ordered pizza for dinner and we watched the World Series with Brandon when he got home! Rangers won and it was a really cool thing to see!
(With sadness, Cain Lee passed away yesterday on 10-30 and it is breaking our hearts. Such a whirlwind of emotions- welcoming a new little life and also grieving the loss of such a great one! It just kills me to see Cody mourning and I wish I could do more for him or take some of his pain away, I definitely would without any hesitation).
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment