37 weeks!

 Getting closer everyday! This week has been the pits and we are all sick, again! Thankfully, Chandler is feeling better so it's just Brandon and I that are suffering but we hope to feel better soon. We tested negative for covid but that's exactly what it feels like so who knows what virus has us down?! 

In the meantime, I've pushed through until today and finally called it quits! We put on classical music, dimmed the house, took hot showers, and are hibernating in our jammies with toys and books. I had to cancel a routine OB appt, which I hated to do, but there is no way I feel well enough to go in and also would have to take Chandler with me since Brandon has to work this morning. I think a day of rest is exactly what we need so that is what we are doing. It's been a busy busy week with a lot going on and it feels good to turn off our phones, lock the door, and just be at home as a sickly family. Yesterday, Chandler had school and it is going so well. He went right in with no struggle and that makes it so much easier to walk away at drop-off. I ran errands like car wash, post office to mail a package, and then headed to OB for my 37 week BPP sono. Little Ruth was calm and hiding but everything looked great! (Another reason I wasn't alarmed at needing to cancel my OB appt today since it would just be a review of yesterday). Afterward, I went to the mall to see if I could find a dress or something to wear in these last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm getting uncomfortable in my clothes and just want an item or two to wear on the daily until little girl arrives. We have a bible study group baby shower coming up and also a wedding. I found two great fitting dresses at Old Navy without spending too much! For $50, I got a great dress and a cute romper that are both things I can wear now and post-pregnancy. Maternity clothes don't always fit me well because they are so big and I am overall tiny, so I have found that normal sized flowy style or even a normal medium size is what works best for me. On the way out, I got Chandler his favorite- an M&M cookie and milk for an after school surprise! The best parts of my week are when I get to pick him up from school! There is nothing like it! On the way to Woodlawn, I stopped by Randall's to get dinner and some necessities, and then had a zoom call while waiting to pick him up. Once I got him, we went to Walgreens to get Brandon's Rx, and then finally, I was headed home!! I didn't plan on the day being so packed full but it worked out well, I got so much done, and it's helped me have time today to stay home and feel caught up! 

One beautiful thing about the past week was that our family threw us the sweetest little Baby Shower for Little Ruth! I wasn't feeling great but I wouldn't have missed it! Making the best and wisest decision for our family, Chandler and I drove to McKinney early on Sunday morning so that we would be there in plenty of time before the shower started. I figured sleeping in our beds and being in our calm home would be best. We got up early Sunday, had a very peaceful drive, and were ready to see our family! Mom and Bethany hosted the sweetest little "Pumpkin" themed baby shower and it was just delightful! I felt beautiful in my flowy fall dress from Round Top and Chandler loved seeing "ya-ya" and "Bessie." It was especially great to see Brook since it's been so long! Marilyn and Joyce brought yummy dips, Joelle and Peyton came also, and it was just an all around great day! I felt very loved and appreciate all the sweet gifts, big efforts, and people taking their time to come celebrate little girl. When it was over, I was happy to already be at moms and thankful that I could just relax. The event definitely wore me out in my sickly state but it was so worth being present for. Chandler and I snuggled all night and it was so sweet to me to feel Ruth kicking inside while I held Chandler as he slept. I just love those moments and will cherish them always. We headed home the next day and although I wanted to stay longer, I'm glad we were able to get home at a good time and rest. 

10-7-23: Still on the mend from this icky cold but taking the opportunities to move forward anyway and get everything in order before Ruth gets here! I'm started to get so, so excited and the little nerves and butterflies are setting in! This pregnancy has gone by so fast and been so adored! It's setting in that we are going to have our little girl with us very, very soon! This week, I had a bpp and all looked great! I'm starting to have more contractions and feeling her get lower as the days go on. I know we are so close to meeting her! I have a suspicion that I will go into labor on my own before her due date on the 22nd! 

Our bible study group hosted us the sweetest little diaper shower and it was so great! I love that group so much and I was so thankful to have the week off from hosting! Cat and Clark hosted and made a delicious stew and we had a great evening going through Genesis 29. We were showered with boxes and boxes of diapers and wipes and I am so forever thankful! It was perfect timing because we are just simply tired and not feeling the best; we so appreciated the warm meal and baby love! 

I'm so happy to report that fall is finally giving us a glimpse of what's to come. The mornings are a tad bit cooler and the evenings are offering an earlier bedtime, beautiful pink and yellow sunsets, and we finally got RAIN! We have loved or family mornings outside, looking at and touching all the construction trucks, and just spending time together! We play outside in the evenings and Chandler loves to pretend he's a "fireeefightterr." It is the cutest thing! 

As for today, I'm at the hospital with students and had just a moment of downtime to sit and open my computer. One more hour and I will be home bound to see my boys! Little Ruth and I have had a good day and are hoping to feel back to normal tomorrow! We are tired of being sick! 

Brandy

Comments

Popular Posts