32 Weeks! Chandler starts MDO!
We have entered in to week 32 and time is flying! Feeling good overall and getting excited to meet our baby girl soon! School is back in session and although I'm tired some days, it's good to be in routine! Chandler starts MDO soon and tomorrow is Meet The Teacher! Brandon and I both agree that we aren't sure we are ready for this but we know Chandler is.
Yesterday was great! We all went to the sono/appt and although it's a task to get everyone ready and there on time, it was good! Chandler was so sweet and stayed nestled into Brandon's chest most of the time. We all got to see baby Ruth on ultrasound, listen to her sweet heartbeat, and then meet with Dr. Rogers. Ruth is estimated to be 4lbs 4oz now and I weighed 137.4, just a pound more than I did with Chandler at week 32. I don't love gaining weight but I won't complain either! I'm only up 20 pounds and in the final weeks of pregnancy.
I've been washing all her little gowns and outfits, getting our home ready, and started packing our hospital bag! EEEkkkk! I'm getting excited and can't wait to bring our little girl home soon!
Enjoying the last few days of summer (thank goodness temps will drop to the 90's soon, never thought I'd say that), we spend a lot of time outside in the back yard playing after the sun has started to set. It's still brutally hot but Chandler doesn't seem to mind and I'd do anything for him, even sit in the hot Texas heat! We set up the kiddie pool and he has had the best time playing in it! Last night we made it full of bubbles and he loved it! He laughed and laughed playing pool basketball and was so sweet showing us how his excavator trucks were "swimminnng." He is the best little boy and we love him so very much!
8-31-23: I'm not ready but he is! Today, Chandler got to meet his teachers, Mia and Berdie, for MDO! I had SIMS from 8-12, ran home, Brandon had them ready, and off we went to Woodlawn Baptist Church for meet-the-teacher! He strolled right in with daddy and I held back tears! We met lots of his classmates and teachers, got to see and play in his classroom, and cherished this special day as a family. I was doing okay until I looked up and saw their little cubby lockers and his name was one of them! I'm so excited for him but wow, this is also so hard! I know he is going to just thrive but I will miss him those 10 hours each week! After, we stopped by chick-fil-a, which was delicious as always, came home and rested until CG. Brandon picked up pizza, which means I got the night off from cooking or planning a big meal, and we had a great group meeting!
9-5-21: Today was HARD!! It was good and terrible all at the same time. Chandler started MDO and I am SO proud of him! I was up at 4am, nerves heightened, and just trying to make sure all went well! I made him chocolate breakfast scones and had his breakfast all set up before waking him up at 7. He woke up very pleasant, enjoyed his breakfast and favorite show "Buster," and then we got him ready. We took lots of pictures and then headed to Woodlawn Baptist for his first day of school! I was not ready and had lots of tears throughout the morning but Brandon is always a voice of reason and helped comfort me. Chandler was ready to go in as soon as we got there and once we checked him in, he never looked back! It broke my heart but also helped so much! I made sure I planned a morning of not-so-fun-to-dos so that I would stick to it and use the time wisely! Brandon headed to work and I filled my morning with a trip to the scrub store for a lab coat patch that is now required, a trip to Target for laundry soap and necessities, and I made a little stop at Old Navy to get him a little after school present of new socks and easy slip on shoes- so cute! I got him and while it was SO strange to be home alone, I filled the time with an hour DG meeting with Joelle and before I knew it, Brandon and I were on the way to get our boy! We got there early and were the first ones checking in for pick up! When we got to his classroom, he was happily playing until the teacher got his attention and told him we were there. It melted my heart to hear "mommy, mommy!" They gave me an update and said he was wonderful! He was the first one to fall asleep during rest time, ate most of his lunch, and loved the playground time! I knew he would! I cried happy tears and just couldn't wait to get home and snuggle! We were all a little more tired than normal yesterday and spent the evening lounging around. Brandon made steaks and I made a tortellini so after a good dinner, we all wanted to go to bed. Chandler went to bed a little earlier than normal and I ended up in the nursery/guest bed with some insomnia and overall Ruth discomfort but won't complain. Thank you Lord for this life and special little day. I feel so much better about him being in MDO and look forward to all he will learn and all the growing he will do!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment