31 Weeks!
8-23-23: Up early before the boys and so thankful for my coffee, prayer time, and time to work on setting up my semester details. We have had a busy few days as Chandler and I went to DFW for an end-of-summer visit and to see family before we get going in our new fall routine. It was a quick trip but a good one! We had a great drive in after church on Sunday and an equally great drive home, missing the traffic! We got home yesterday at 2:30pm and it just so worked out that Brandon was free for a bit so we met for dinner at Jalisco's! Chandler was so excited to see his daddy and gave his the sweetest running hug when we got into the restaurant. Thankfully, we had no sooner pulled in the garage when a dust storm blew through! It was one of the more wild natural events I've ever seen! One second all was peaceful and the very next, dust was blowing and we couldn't see a thing! Shortly after, and to our amazement, it stormed! It wasn't long but it was a down pour, thank you Lord! It's been 50 consecutive days of over 100 degree heat and even longer without rain! We needed it! It poured and soaked the yard, gave the house a good rinsing, and even cooled it down to 99 degrees!
Back to our trip- We got there Sunday after church and Chandler immediately wanted to go upstairs to the toy room and play. We had a yummy spaghetti dinner, got to see Oakley and Bethany, and Chandler got all his new presents from Lovie.
The next day, I was up early, makeup done, and out the door by 6:50 for a 7:15 drybar appointment. I always hesitate making those appts (on the rare occasion that I do) but I always leave feeling so great and am reminded how fun they are! I had a great time just sitting for an hour and getting my hair loved on! My stylist, Shea, did a wonderful job and my hair felt refreshed. Next, I went to the Mckinney square to the fabulous Pink Door Boudoir and got to see Marie again! Since I was going to be in town, I took the opportunity to splurge a little and do some self love by booking a maternity boudoir appointment for Baby Ruth and I. This pregnancy has gone by so fast since my focus is often toward Chandler and caring for him that I really wanted to take the chance to do something special for my little girl! Last week, Brandon and I arranged for me to get some quality me-time so I spent that time getting pampered! I got my brows waxed, a much needed and way long overdue (like years overdue) mani/pedi (which was incredible), face care, and a trip to Victoria's Secret to pick out two adorable outfits for our photo shoot. Thanks to that, I was ready for our boudoir session! Marie had me comfortable in a matter of seconds and I so enjoyed my time! I felt beautiful and loved getting to hold my belly and have pictures taken. Surprisingly, I even said "let's go for it" to the nude option! I've never had a nude photo made with her (topless but not nude), and it was liberating! Of-course it's nothing wild or sexual, rather just like a quick outfit change and "stand like this, put your arm across your chest, turn sideways" kind of thing, but it was fun nonetheless and felt liberating! I know they will turn out so classy and pretty, with shadows, professional, and as always- in very good taste and will be something I cherish always.
After the session, I got a much needed iced coffee and then spent the day with mom, Oakley, and Chandler. We got to see the whole crew- dad, marilyn, joyce, and lori as well. We were all worn out by the end of the day but it made for a good nights sleep. The next morning, we played, packed up, and headed home. I'm always so happy to get home and also so thankful for the time to see mom. I miss her already. Coming back to our new home is extra special and I am really, really enjoying it!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment