29 Weeks!
Eeek! Dare I say that I may quite possibly be back on routine! It's been 4 days of getting up at 5:30 again, getting my work done, enjoying some quiet time, and getting to have a warm yummy cup of coffee before the day gets going!
Chandler had a VERY big night last night as it was his first night to sleep in his "new bed" as he calls it! I put the toddler rail on in place of the infant rail to see what he would do. Brandon and I were both a tad skeptical but it's getting harder and harder to put him in bed/pick him up with my growing belly and some nights (most nights) he'll ask me to get in and "mommy in, snuggle okay," and it's really difficult climbing in and out while 7 months pregnant. To our great joy, he was very excited about it, jumping in his new bed, and bedtime was very smooth! I laid down with him for a few minutes, loved on him, and then stepped out. He fussed for only a second and then fell fast asleep. Becuase of the worsening heartburn and leg cramps at night, Ruth and I opted for the couch last night so I could get comfortable with my pregnancy pillow and be able to sleep a little more elevated than in bed, but also so I could easily hear if Chandler got up or woke up, upset. It's 7am now and he's still fast asleep! Gosh, I'm so proud of him and also hate this a little bit! He has come so far from the restless little sleeper he was for the first year but I feel like everyday, we are just crossing through big milestones! No rocker, no rocking to sleep, no baby crib, ughhhh it breaks my heart! Just goes to show that sometimes they are ready for advancing and we are the ones that aren't. I'm thankful because I know it will make for an even smoother transition when Ruth arrives. Brandon and I are doing all we can to make her big arrival a joyful occasion for little Chandler!
Speaking of preparing for Ruth, I'm trying to spend as much quality time with Chandler as I possibly can. We are so, so excited for Ruth and I also want to cherish and absorb every moment with just Chandler and I that I can. We spent a big piece of the morning outside in the yard playing construction and buiding a train set. We also had a great Friday night date night last week! Brandon had a church conference but instead of staying in, Chandler and I went to dinner at Chili's, then a stroll to look at all the animals and feed the fish at Cabela's, and then finished the night with a trip to Freddy's to bring home brownie Sundae's! It was so fun and he is starting to do really well in public. I love our time together!
Today, we are getting out of the house! He has a haircut at noon, we have a chick-fil-a lunch date just the two of us planned (we have free entrees/rewards to use, yay!), and may try to make our target run. Community Group is tonight and then looking forward to the weekend! I'm off all weekend and happy to spend time with my boys!
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment