Chandler turns 2!!

I can't believe that my best little guy is turning two!!! Time has gone by so quickly and while I deeply miss his newborn days, I am so enjoying watching him become the little explorer that he is! We arrived in Colorado yesterday, June 14th and are so thrilled to be here. There is just a certain peace and quiet in the air here. We are staying on Ruth's Road in a beautiful home in Crested Butte to celebrate his second birthday and Father's Day! It's a very blessed season for our little family and we are excited with so much to come! Chandler turns two in Crested Butte, we return to Austin just in time to close our home, just in time to move in, just in time to have little Baby Ruth!! Thank you Father for all you have done for us! 

6-14: For travel, we drove with mom and Brandon met us here so he could stay and work longer. Chandler did great for the very most part! It was a long two days since we had to break it up for our little guy but it was worth it! Of-course the first night is a challenge since everyone was tired but we got unloaded, unpacked, and all checked in. The house is stunning! It's at the end of a cul-de-sac just beside the nordic ski trails and peanut lake. We picked rooms, enjoyed the house, and then it was bedtime. Expectantly, Chandler struggled a little bit with it being his third new place in three nights and just being tired. Once he got settled though, he slept all night and I so enjoyed sleeping next to him. I slept peacefully and loved waking up next to him!

6-15: It has been three days since I've had a good cup of coffee and since Little Ruth and I only get 1 cup a day, I want it to be a good one! So, mom and I went to Camp for Coffee and I got a delicious vanilla latte and picked up a cinnamon roll for Chandler. We had a cozy morning, cold, crisp, and a little rain but then the sun came out. We explore the little trails by the house and visited the nearby pocket park for a few minutes. Around 10, mom and Brandon went out on their bikes while Chandler and I headed to town in the wagon! I love that wagon! It is the BEST! We walked down Elk street and I took him to Pooh's Corner and he loved it! We played with all the toys and then picked out three new trucks to add to his collection. Next, I took him to the town kids park and he had so much fun! He played and played until I knew he was getting too tired. He threw a pretty impressive fit when it was time to go, but my suspicions were confirmed when he fell asleep in the wagon on the way back to the house. Sweet little boy was so tired! He's been napping for almost three hours now! 

The week went by so fast and we stayed busy going on long walks to town, playing at the parks, and enjoying the mountains. I wish I could have blogged more but time was short and the moments were more important that trying to find time to open my computer. Chandler's birthday was wonderful and he had the biggest smiles when we sang Happy Birthday to him and he got to blow out his candle! We had a construction theme party with trucks, pizza, chocolate cake, and lots of presents! He is so loved and adored!!

Brandy 

Comments

Popular Posts