18 Months!

 Happy 2023!!

01-03-2023: Happy New Year! Unfortunately, we are all sick! Ick! We don't have flu or covid, so we're thankful for that and just toughing it out in the meantime. Little Chandler saw Dr. Wagner today for his wellness and besides being sickly, he is doing fantastic! We really love our pedi and are so thankful for his care. 

The past week has been challenging being sick but fortunately, Chandler got sick first which means we were able to spend all our time comforting him. Now that Brandon and I are sick, Chandler seems to be improving and we're hoping this resolves in a few days. 

Otherwise, Chandler is a big climber now! He climbed onto our bed for the first time this week, climbs on the couch, and yesterday- he climbed himself right up onto the dining room chair and laughed when I caught him! He is a little toot and we love him so much! I had so much fun today picking out his Valentine's cards and present while he napped and I absolutely love celebrating holidays for him. 

In keeping with holidays, Christmas was a blast! It was full force and we were busy, but we enjoyed it too! We went to DFW for 5 days and in that 5 days, we saw 28 family members! No wonder we ended up sick; it was bound to happen. Chandler was all smiles and had so much fun baking cookies, eating sweets, and oh the presents! He loved the attention and had fun with all the family! 

We ended the year with our second annual trip to Peppermint Parkway to see the lights! Although he was feeling icky, it was the perfect little event for our family and he was so excited. He loved the lights and even got to see the "Dinch" (grinch) this year. We are so thankful for the special times like this that we get to spend together as a family and are looking forward to a wonderful new year! 

01-17-2023: This month has FLOWN by! It has been a positively trying January as we have been sick for 3 weeks between all of us! It has tested me mentally, physically, and most of all emotionally. I feel better each day but I also feel like I've lost 3 weeks, consequently falling further and further behind. The semester is starting and I have so much to do, I need to catch up at the clinic with new practices, and I didn't get several things done of Christmas break that I had hoped to do. Leaning into God, I know that it's all okay and this is all happened for a reason. We are so blessed with a loving family, warm beds, a safe home, and lots of comfort while we are recovering. I'm hoping today was the breaking point. Chandler spiked another fever yesterday at swim school and was so miserable, we ended up leaving swim early and it wasn't long after that Chandler got sick again. Tossing all other things aside, he was my entire focus and today we visited Dr. Wagner again. Thinking all this respiratory junk has now turned sinus infection, Chandler is now on his first antibiotic, Amoxicillin. We are praying for better days ahead and that good health be over our family. 

I can't believe I'm going to wake up to a 19month old tomorrow! I hope he wakes up feeling better- it breaks my heart when he is sick. I'm staying up late tonight to get some work done and hopefully we can get back in our normal routine very soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts