15 Months!

 9-21-22: Today was our first full day back at home after our big adventure trip to Portland! We made it home from Dallas yesterday evening and were exhausted! We all slept well and were so happy to be back together again! Chandler and Brandon were buddy-buddy all afternoon and loved being home together. After Brandon got off work today, we decided to get out of the house. Chandler was acting fussy and restless, no doubt bored after so much excitement recently. I suggested going to a restaurant with an outdoor play area so we could run around and Brandon had the great idea of going to Chuck E. Cheese. I was sold! As soon as we walked in, Chandler started reaching for all the lights and toys! We had the best time! We all ate pizza and Chandler got to experience so many new things! He loved dancing, the cars, and playing with the balls, of-course! Brandon and I had a sweet moment and family hug/loves while we reminisced that today was our homecoming anniversary! We both agreed how blessed we are and how much we enjoyed spending our dateiversary at Chuck E. Cheese watching Chandler have so much fun! I love my boys so very much! Chandler was worn out after 2 hours, which made for a great bedtime routine! A nice bath and rocking with mommy lured him into a deep slumber. I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep and another fun day tomorrow. 

9-30-21: We've had an amazing week! I feel like God opened up Heaven and poured out blessing after blessing on my family this week. Last Friday, 09-23, while we were just getting started for the day, mom called and asked "Do you want breakfast?" What? Confused, I said "huh, yea, he ate breakfast. What do you mean, oh my gosh are you in Austin?!" She and I had miscommunicated about her dates to keep Chandler and was coming to our house! Our planned mundane day quickly changed to "do-all-the-things!" I was so excited to see her! We decided to start our day at Lady Bird Gardens and I just love it there. Chandler played in the sand (again, still so funny to me that now he likes sand all of the sudden) and we strolled the gardens. He loved playing with the wind chimes in the gift shop. I love so much that he likes musical things- guitars, pianos, song, and things like wind chimes. It started getting hot (Texas just won't quite let go of the summer heat yet), so we decided to do something inside. We ended up at The Thinkery and mom loved it! It was her first time and it was so special to see her and Chandler play together! He got to paint this time, play even more in the Currents water exhibit, and we even made it on time for storytime! We had the best little day! 

The next day, I headed to the hospital for work but I love knowing Chandler and Lovey are together! When she keeps him, it makes my morning even more smooth since she's already there and able to get him if he wakes up early, which he has been. I had a great shift at the hospital with my students and really like this group! Of-course I loved Charmaine too and had such a great day with her! She surprised me with an adorable pair of "shark-shoes" for Chandler- she is so sweet to us! Later, I got pictures of Chandler at the library and it made me so happy that he and mom were having a day out! She's a little nervous driving with him but fortunately, the library is about 10 minutes away so it made for the perfect outing for them! We finished the day with a traditional walk to the gas station, ha!, got Brandon some ice-cream, picked up some milk, and then it was bed time. 

Noteworthy: Chandler is quite the little explorer these days! He is in a stage of "this thing can go somewhere else, this can be picked up and moved, this will fit here" kind-of-thing. For example, I couldn't find my Garmin watch. I had taken it off when we had COVID and a few days later, it was gone. I knew he had it because he likes the green sensor light on the back of it, but I had no idea where he had dropped it. I searched the whole house, twice, and in knew it had to be in the trash can. We have such a tidy and uncluttered house that if something isn't easily seen or found, it's most likely gone! We don't have many hiding spaces! So, after some self encouragement and a mask/gloves, I went into the garage and started digging in the trash bag. It was as gross as I expected it to be but fortunately, I couldn't smell well becuase of COVID so if that was going to happen, it was the best time to take on such a gross task. Sure enough, the second to last garbage bag had my watch in it! I knew it! That little toot threw my $500 smart watch away! I was so happy to find it and it made for a good laugh nonetheless. So far, he has thrown away his "K" pottery barn block, one dinosaur converse (I bought another pain so now we have three converse shoes), and who know what else. We have since locked our trash can and tossed the diaper genie so he can't hide things in it without us knowing. He's so funny and I love his curiosity and how his little mind is learning and growing. 

Another sweet little thing is that he is now patting us when he gives hugs! It melts my whole heart! He will wrap his arms around us and then pat our backs. The Lord has been so, so good to us. 

He also knows how to point to his tummy, nose, and eye! He waves hello and bye to everyone we see and any car that passes, blows us the sweetest kisses, and has started following some very simple instructions like "let's go to your room, let's change your diaper, throw this in the trash." While I was cooking, I put on Cocomelon so he could see the sing-a-long and while we don't ever sit him in front of the TV or just have it on for no reason, I did put it on for a few minutes so he could see it. I look up and he had just sat down and was so calmly watching it! It was so precious! It also made me want to instantly scoop him up and go play since TV isn't our solution to things but it was a sweet little moment of him paying attention to something he was interested in. 

The rest of the week was equally as fun with my little family! We had our normal Monday swim class at Emler and he is doing amazing (holding breath and really kicking now for 10 seconds), an impromtu trip to the Manchaca Pumpkin Patch to enjoy the hint of fall weather we're getting and see the fresh pumpkins (loved this day), Tuesday Little Gym (absolutely loves little gym and Miss Kaitlin), and then we had a very spontaneous family night away! It was the BEST! I'm not normally a super spontaneous person but Brandon had a cycle day planned for Wednesday in Chappel Hill (near Brenham). Since he was going to have to leave at 3:30 in the morning, he had the idea that we go the night before and stay in an AirBnB! So, right after little gym, we packed up the car, he rented a place, and off we went! We stopped on the way and had a yummy seafood dinner at AJ's in Chappel Hill, picked up some milk and snacks, and then went to the house. It was a great place and nestled on a beautiful piece of land! Definitely an older ranch style home and full of that "home on the farm" feel. It so reminded me of being on the farm growing up! We spent the evening and next morning enjoying the outdoors, watching the sun set and rise, and watching the cows! We played in the dirt, threw rocks, and Chandler was busy, busy being a great explorer! The night was a bit challenging since he woke up in a new place, but I just picked him up out of his pack-and-play and we went to the other bedroom and cuddled together. We spent the next day playing on the farm while Brandon cycled. We explored, had nap time, and then checked out and headed into town. I took Chandler to the famous Blue Bell Creamery and it was blast! I've always wanted to visit too so it made for the perfect afternoon. The people were so welcoming, it was kid-friendly, and simple enough to do with a kiddo. It wasn't crowded at all, which was extra great! We visited the observation deck and Chandler was so interested in the factory process of how they make/process the ice-cream. Afterward, we went to the gift shop and found some cars, which we of-course had to buy one to play with. Next, we went to the parlor to have a scoop of ice cream! It was great! I got Chandler the classic Chocolate Chip and I picked the Buttered Pecan. We found a little bench to sit on and enjoyed our ice cream! Chandler liked both of them and was a hit with all the other guests! It was the sweetest little day date and I'm so glad we got to go! 

Next, we went to the little town shops which was also the finish line. We browsed around while we waited for daddy and eventually just ended up playing on the sidewalks outside the store fronts. Chandler was so happy to see his daddy ride up and we are so proud of him! We all regrouped and then headed for home! Chandler was extra fussy since he missed his second nap and had a bit of a rough night at home since we were off schedule, but we snuggled and worked through it. We had the sweetest time and lots of new memories were made with our guy! 

To finish our week off before I start my work weekend, we decided to have CG at Texas Keepers Cidery and it was absolutely a highlight of my summer, and perhaps year! I had the most amazing time with Brandon and Chanlder, as well as Tara, Stephanie, and Nathan. The weather could not have been better and the sunset was a beautiful Texas Hill Country sunset! We played in the dirt/rocks/toys, visited with friends, and enjoyed the beautiful atmosphere. Brandon and I had the pimento cheese sandwich (mine with apple butter jam) and it was by-far the best thing I've had in a while! I also enjoyed the Goldrush cider and tried the Texas Keeper Moonlight. I think the moonlight was my favorite of the two but they were both great and I so enjoyed myself. We got home at 8 and after bedtime. Chandler was so beat that I rocked him right to sleep while he had some milk and he got to skip his bath! These are the sweetest memories and I'll remember them always! 

10-5: It's FALL!!!! I love seeing all the fall decor start to come out around Austin and I am so looking forward to a wonderful Holiday Season! Today was extra special because Brandon and I took Chandler to a Pumpkin Patch! It's becoming tradition and I am thankful for it! We are so fortunate to have Indian Springs Pumpkin Patch 5 minutes away, in Manchaca! We actually stumbled upon it while driving to Texas Keepers last week and I'm thankful we did! It's a great hidden little petting ranch with Zebra, horses, Emu, donkey, etc... and now it's a pumpkin patch for fall! It's a good one!! We spent an hour roaming the grounds, taking all the pictures we could get of little Chandler playing in the pumpkins, and spending time as a family! I'm so fortunate to be where I am in life and I don't take God's gifts for granted. We had the best day and Brandon even treated me to $120 of pumpkins for our front porch! I had them picked out and when it came time to leave, he sent us off to the car and took over the checkout and loading. It made me feel so special and I'm grateful he is so generous and kind towards me. We finished the day with lots of outdoor playing at home, Brandon and I had our weekly marriage meeting, and then it was bedtime. As Brandon said last night, "we are in our sweet spot in life, babe. It doesn't get any better than this." I know he is right and I wouldn't change a thing! Except maybe that I could hang on to it longer! 

10-07: Chandler and I met with Katie (LilyLove Photography) for a fall mini session today! Chandler had a rough night and we ended up snuggling in the guest bedroom around 2:00am to help calm him down. I think it's a combo of a new tooth, congestion and probably a little headache, and overall just not feeling himself. The long night made for a challenging morning and as much as I didn't want to get ready, I did and now I'm glad I did because I got to jump in a few pictures with him! He ended up doing great and gave lots of sweet smiles while playing in Katie's pumpkin props. Afterward, we went to the nearby park and played! Chandler loves the park and LOVES being outside so it was the perfect mommy/son date for us! We sat on the merry-go-round for the first time and he thought it was so fun when I'd spin us around! It made us both dizzy and after two spins he was losing interest but it was fun nonetheless. We wandered around the park and pretty grounds for about 30 minutes and then headed home. I love my little Chandler so much! I am soaking in every minute I can with him! 

10-14: He did it!! He said "ma-ma" on que! We were out and about, ran to target, and then on the way home in the car, he started saying "ma-ma!" Brandon tells me that Chandler says "ma-ma" often when I'm not home but I've yet to hear him say it with intention. Sure, he's mumbled "maaa, maaa, maaa" but not when I asked and not with direction toward me. Today, he did and my heart grew 100 times!!! Each new day with him is so special and reveals something as amazing as the day before! 

10-16: Today was extra special!!! Today, we dedicated Chandler to Jesus, the church, and our church family! Brandon and I took a vow with the church to raise him in the ways of Jesus and lead him into a life of knowing and serving the Lord. It was such a special time and I am so thankful to ALC for allowing this to be a part of our journey. We had worship time and then Cory called each family up (5 of us) and spoke a little about the baby before commissioning us as a family, and then praying over us. Chandler did great until the very end but I can't blame him- it was a 30 minute event and the little ones were ready to go play! We love our little Chandler so much and are so thankful for him. Jesus, help us raise your child and grow him in your image. Amen!

Afterward, Brandon and I served in kids and then it was a relaxing day at home. Chandler took a long 2 hour nap, Brandon watched football, and I watched a new show on Netflix/cat napped while I could. The day ended with a light rain storm and extra cozy evening at home as a family. I'm so excited because a cold front is on the way and I love a good dreary rainy day or two!

10-17: Morning quiet time- I love it! I need it! I so enjoy getting up at 5am and having an hour or two to myself. It's so life giving and allows me the time to sit in peace, get organized, spend time with Jesus praying and reading the bible, and just getting ready for the day ahead. I feel so centered and prepared when I have my morning quiet time... and I don't have to heat up my coffee hours later, ha! Today is a sweet day and the last day of Chandler being 15 months old! Tomorrow, we will have a 16 month old! I can't believe it! Time passes so, so quickly! We love him so much and are so thankful that God has chosen us to be his parents! 

Today was a great and busy day! We saw Dr. Wagner this morning and Chandler got his 15 month vaccines along with his flu shot. He is such a little sweet heart! He played in the doctors office with me while we waited and he was even friendly and waving with Dr. Wagner. He cried with his shots, of-course, but as soon as I picked him back up, he was happy. We celebrated his milestone of becoming 16 months old with a special Halloween Activity Day! We iced sugar cookies complete with sprinkles, and spent the beautiful cooler weather day outside painting our pumpkins!! I love doing any and everything with Chandler! Brandon was so sweet when he cycled home and saw us outside. Chandler sure does love his daddy and loves all his attention! Today was a big day because while reading one of his favorites, 10 fluffy ducklings, Chandler started saying "mooo" when we got to the cow page! I am so amazed at his development and so thankful that I get to be his mommy! 

At this stage, Chandler is so smart! He knows what simple task mean, takes things to his nursery when we tell him to, makes bath time a blast, and he LOVES running around naked after his bath for hide and seek time! His little laugh and contagious giggles are the BEST! He is getting so great at feeding himself, is becoming very independent, likes to try and put his socks and shoes on, likes to try and dress himself, is obsessed with tearing apart any folded laundry piles, loves anything outside, loves water activities, and loves playing in the front yard with mommy. Reading books together is still his absolute favorite thing to do and I love that about him. I still rock him to sleep but as I was doing so last night, I took a moment to realize just how big and heavy he's getting. Soon, he will be too big to rock to sleep and that breaks my heart. I know though, that when that day comes, an equally wonderful thing will also happen in it's place so I find comfort in that truth. I will rock him to sleep as long as I possibly can! 

Comments

Popular Posts