13 Months!
7-19-22: Our little guy turned 13 months old yesterday and it felt really bittersweet to not be doing his monthly milestone photo! They say time flies but it really, really does. On his 13 month mark, we celebrated with a long morning walk in his VEER wagon, played and read books, and I made a yummy garlic butter Tilapia at home for the first time. We had dinner together as a family and Chandler enjoyed his fish!
Today, we went to Little Gym and I love watching him become more and more confident! He always clings to me for a few seconds (which I also love... feeling his little hands and arms wrapped around my neck or legs) but then he warms up and takes off! He goes everywhere! Today he climbed up the mats, starting trying to "run" (which is hilarious and he looks completely out of control, ha), and smiles so big when he does a skill! He loves hanging on the bars, doing forward rolls, and loved doing a handstand! Of-course they're all highly assisted and guided by me and the coach because he's just a little guy, but it's the best! He has a little friend in class named Alfred and I enjoy seeing them play together. Today, Chandler wore his new adorable Kyte outfit with the Panda print! It's just the cutest and the little "bummies" are the best shorts! Afterward, we made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up dinner and then it was home to nap. I cooked while Chandler napped and then we all played together as a family. He is the sweetest boy and we love him dearly! Daddy played the video of him proposing to me and it was so fun to watch it as a family and after almost 8 years of marriage! I love my family so very much! Chandler has been a bit challenging to get to bed/stay asleep the past week but I'm honored to be the one to comfort him back to sleep. I have been just hoping into his crib with him when he wakes up at 2am and then I sneak out once he goes back to sleep. It's tiring but I find that making sure I get a Peloton ride in during his first nap really helps wake me up for the day and I enjoy the "me" time. We finished the day with bath time, play time as a family chasing each other around the living room, and bed time. Looking forward to a new day with our boy tomorrow.
8-1-22: The Davis family has had a really busy two weeks! It's been a whirlwind but that's what summer is for! Last weekend, Granna and Aunt Joyce came to visit, and this weekend we had a church dinner at Aviator Pizza, baby shower for the Imthurn's, lunch with the Mobley's, and our weekend to serve in babies room at church. It had it's moments of stress, for sure, but we were all so happy to enjoy a Sunday night at home together! Now, it's 4:30am and I can't sleep. Instead of tossing and turning, I decided to get up, have my coffee early, get a little work done, and do a little journaling catchup. Highlights of last week include Pajama Day at Little Gym; Precious! We all wore our basketball Post Peanut pajamas and it was adorable! Brandon and Chandler stole the show and I couldn't believe that Brandon had the idea of us all wearing our pajamas! I had just planned on Chandler wearing his but when Brandon was able to go with us and then walked out of the bedroom with his pajamas on, I was so excited! Ha! It was adorable to see them play and of-course Chandler was extra smiley when he would look up and see his daddy in class! They got to play and mommy got to take lots of pictures. These are my favorite days- just being with my boys and doing fun things together!
Chandler got some very exciting news last week too! He is going to be a cousin!! Aunt Bethany is pregnant! She facetimed us in the evening after getting home from work and she looked flushed! I asked "oh no! What's wrong?!" She then showed us the positive test! I am so happy for her and can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew! I think it's a girl!!! I have a feeling! Boy or girl- I can't wait to meet baby! It will be so great seeing the littles grow up together and having babies in the family!
We also recently enjoyed a fabulous lunch at The Salt Lick with Cody, Tasha, and the boys!! It was so great and I am deeply enjoying getting to have a relationship with my brother and his family! After so many conversations and lots of thinking and praying, Brandon and I decided to ask Cody if he will be Chandler's guardian if something every happened to us. Cody didn't hesitate for a second and said he would be honored. I immediately felt relief and peace, which I know was God reassuring us! Cody can provide for Chandler and always see to it that he's raised in church, has a stable father figure (and mother figure) and he will have big brothers to look up to! The boys are so amazing and I know it would be in Chandler's best interest to have them raise him. Not something we want to have to think about but very comfortable with our decision! Our wills have been made, we all have a copy (me, Brandon, mom, Jerry, and Cody), and they are also in my email (as well as Brandon's). Mom and Jerry know our wishes, as well as Cody and his family of-course.
Looking forward to my little guy waking up soon, Brandon's good morning hug/kiss, and a wonderful new day that God has given me! I love the early mornings of quiet time and wish I could have them everyday! That's always my goal but sometimes my bed is just too cozy!
8-11-22: Busy end of summer here at the Davis home! For the past three weekends we have been going nonstop! At the end of July, Granna and Aunt Joyce came to visit, early August we had the Mobley's in town/baby shower for Imthurns, church dinner, and lunch event, and finally last weekend, the Harris family was in town. I had to work Sunday, we moved church buildings to the new location, and now are finally getting back to a little bit of calm and quiet. Today is swim school at 0900 and CG tonight, but after that, we are set to have a calm weekend and I work on Sunday. Chandler hasn't been feeling his best self the past 24 hours (runny nose, fussy, sneezing) so not sure which direction he will go yet, but whatever he needs, mommy and daddy are here! (Chandler did great at swim school today, despite having a runny nose! He held his breath for 10 seconds on the jump-in and kicked so well! He is quite the little fish)!
A few of my favorite things lately are that he loved playing with the Harris boys! They were all so cute together! He snuggled with Lauren for story time, followed the big boys around playing toys, and was as sweet as ever! We enjoyed lunch at Salt Lick again and it was even better this time around! He was the star of the restaurant toddling around the outdoor area and waving to other tables. He loved their brisket and pulled pork, as well as the vanilla ice cream at the end!
Another new thing is that he has learned how to brush my hair! It melts my heart!! The absolute sweetest! When it's just the two of us and I have to get ready, I will just shut the bedroom door so he can't get out of our bathroom/bedroom when I shower and get ready. He plays around with toys, we read stories, and now he always wants to brush my hair when I get the brush. It's so amazing how much he has learned and how observant he is! He is a smart little boy!
He drank from a straw! We took the Harris family to Texican when they got to Austin on 08-5-22 and silly me put his sippy cup on top of the car while buckling him in his seat. Well, as you'd guess, it fell off the car so we had no sippy cup at dinner. Instead, we opted for the kids cup and to our surprise, he drank from the straw like he'd been doing it forever! When we tried around his bday in Florida, he wasn't quite able to do it; now, it's a mastered skill! Love our little guy so so much!!
8-14-2022: A great weekend and Lovie came to visit! I just love when mom comes!! She is so much fun and I cherish our time together! We always stay up late and have girl chats in the guest bedroom, all snuggly and cozy! We talk about every single thing under the sun and I love having these memories with her! I know I will look back one day and these times will be so precious to me! I love her more than anything!
In keeping with the end of our summer, this weekend/last week was just as busy as the previous! I don't love being "busy" because it seems to interfere with my focus on daily living with the Lord but I also know that sometimes we're just busy. Friday, mom got here early and we played with Chandler. We also had a play date with Charlotte from church and mom enjoyed seeing the littles run around together. Afterward, I had some errands to run and a TB test to get before semester starts. I got my stuff done and mom and Chandler decorated the porch with sidewalk chalk. Brandon and I ended the day by taking Nathan and Tara out to dinner at Three Forks to celebrate their engagement. Although I wasn't really up for it, once we got there and I relaxed, I had a really great time being out and enjoying adult conversation.
On Saturday, mom and I snuck away and left the boys at home for a few hours. I took her to Salt Lick and she loved it as much as I knew she would. We got to self-tour the grounds/winery side, look at all the beautiful flowers, and enjoyed a delicious meal of pulled pork sandwiches and brisket. She loved the amazing bbq pit and getting to see what The Salt Lick is all about! We shared the peach/blackberry cobbler with ice cream and it was the perfect afternoon treat! Once we got home, we walked the neighborhood (so hot outside) and found a little snow cone stand put on by the neighborhood kids. Chandler had his first snow cone and of course loved it! Later, we took a stroll to the gas station and Chandler got to ride along in his Cozy Coupe. It was so funny taking it into the gas station but the guys loved it and Chandler laughed when Lovie would go fast!
Both the boys woke up Sunday not feeling well. Chandler's been fighting a cold for a week but now it seems to be draining and turning into more of a sinus infection. Brandon, unfortunately, has picked it up so we'll be laying low this week and getting them into their doctors. I worked at LA Sunday and it was a pretty good shift overall. I definitely can't complain and am so thankful for my jobs and the flexibility they give me. Looking forward to the fall, being back on regular pay roll (yay!) and being in a routine again. Summer has been an absolute blast with lots of new experiences, and new memories with our little guy! I'm always happy for summer break but always more happy to feel the hints of fall around the corner!
08-17-22: Tomorrow, our little man will be 14 months old! Celebrating today with lots of fun and laughter! We met Taylor and baby Tate in Leander for a morning walk at 0830 and while it was a long drive from South Austin, we had a great time and I loved meeting baby Tate. I picked up some yummy diary free/vegan muffins and cupcakes from Crema for Taylor since she is having to go dairy free for baby and she was so appreciative. Chandler got to enjoy half of a muffin too :) The park was amazing! It's a whole recreational park complete with a great splash pad, lots of shade, kayak rentals, sidewalks, and great open spaces for kids to play! Chandler was in a wild mood once we got going but I just went with it. After not being consoled with snacks and strolling, I just let him out and let him go! He was so very happy! He played and toddled (with lots of hand holding of-course), and couldn't get enough of the park freedom. Taylor was so sweet and patient with us! She nursed baby Tate on a bench while Chandler and I played. Chandler was so worn out that we didn't even get to the first red light outside of the neighborhood before he was snoozing in his seat. He napped a little bit longer once we got home and then was ready to go again! We had lunch and then, because it's slightly more tolerable outside at 96 degrees and still shaded in the back, played outside again! He's so much fun as a toddler! He loves playing and being outside! I filled up his water table and put his little house out so he could play! He got soaking wet (clothes, shoes, and all), laughed, splashed, and even got to pet Gray Kitty that comes around. We had so much fun! Up next it was bathtime, snack time, and story time. Now, he's napping and I'm getting lots of work done for the upcoming semester that starts next week! Ahhhh I'm sad to see summer end but I am more excited to see fall come!!
The newest things with our little fella this week have been: His first "blow kisses!" It MELTED my heart!!!! It was on Monday, the 15th, and Brandon and Chandler were still both feeling icky. Brandon was in bed resting and I was playing with Chandler. We went in to check on daddy and Chandler blew him kisses! It was absolutely the most precious thing I think he's done yet! He was so proud of himself too and gave us the biggest silly smiles! On 8-16, Chandler drew his first picture! He loves being in his tower and is always so interested as to what mommy and daddy are doing! Always wants our pens, computers, keyboards, and so on. I taped a piece of paper to the counter, put him in his tower, and gave him washable crayons. He went to town! He was so focused and serious! Definitely becoming a very intrigued little guy and wants to try everything! Little Chandler is getting so big! Our cozy go-to position in the rocker with the little arm pillow has been officially modified. I had to swap out pillows for something more plush and supportive of him! Brought tears to my eyes to move that silly little pillow out of our rocker! As silly as it sounds, it brought back so many tender memories of us bonding and learning together. It got me thinking that he and I have sat in the rocker with little pillow 5, 10, and more times a day/night comforting one another and bonding. Breaks my heart a little (a lot) but with each new stage comes new joys and I'm so thankful for motherhood and to be Chandler's mommy.
13 months has been so much fun! We are so proud of you, Chandler, and look forward to every single second with you! Tomorrow, you will be 14 months old!
Comments
Post a Comment