32 Weeks! 4-23-21 to 4-29-21
4-23-21: Today, baby Chandler and I made the history books! Really! We gave Covid vaccines and the first covid vaccine clinic at ACC for students, faculty, family, and community! It was an honor to be asked and although I was so tired and didn't feel like I had the time to participate, I'm so glad I did! The ACC photogrpaher and media team captured me giving my first Covid vaccine to one of the ACC staff members and it made the local news/social media pages! It turned out to be a great experience and my scribe was Cindy, who actually is a 4th semester student and also does newborn in-hospital photos! I was sure to get all her info and might just be reaching out to her soon!
It was a rainy and stormy day, so when I got home, I couldn't help but take a nap! Nearing the end of a long 2 weeks, I just needed the rest! I had a great hour nap and then got fancied up for dinner! Brandon and I took the Mobley's out for Mike's birthday to Perry's! It was so delicious and we had the best time! Normally, I just want to get back home but I can honestly say that I really, really enjoyed myself and the time out! Brandon gave us a hilarious laugh when he accidentally went into the ladies restroom and didn't realize until it was too late and he was already using the restroom! He is so funny! He was so embarrassed and it was so funny! The food was amazing, the bananas foster dessert was amazing, and I felt so beautiful in my blue maternity dress and couldn't help but notice all the sweet little smiles/stares as I passed through the restaurant. I couldn't help but wonder if this was one of the last times we'll go to a fancy dinner as a family of 2!?! Our little Chandler will be here soon and I can't wait to meet him!
4-24-21: Second to last clinical day and I am living for it! I was SO tired today after all the events lately and I could not wait to get home and get to bed! The day was good and the students have come so far this semester! I am so thankful to God for His perfect timing because after next Saturday, I will not have to pace the hospital hallways with a growing belly and increasing fatigue. When I got home, I had one last big thing to do before my extra busy week was complete and that was to clean the house! Our house is always clean but the Mistry's are coming by tomorrow while they're in town and they plan on stopping by to see their home. I want to make sure it's extra clean and tidy so I stayed up late and cleaned. Poor Brandon is fighting a respiratory infection so he is down, but I don't mind doing the home chores myself. It makes me happy to see him getting some much needed rest and sleep.
4-25-21: Brandon and I decided to sleep in today since he is sick and I'm exhuasted! We hate to miss church but seeing as how he is sick and shouldn't be around others, it was the best decision for us. I did some final cleaning tasks and then Brandon and I decided to go to breakfast while the Mistry's came by. He took me to Brooklyn's in Buda and it was really delicious! I had the eggs benedict, Brandon had the classic breakfast, and then we split the buttermilk pancakes! We loved our morning together and then spent the rest of the day snuggled up in bed! It was the perfect day and we both really needed it! I do not take this day for granted and wish we could relive it 100 times!
4-26-21: Big exhales!!! Finally! I'm at the resting point of a very, very busy past 2 weeks and while it feels so great to be so productive, it feels even better to spend a day at home resting. I've spent the day blogging, doing laundry, playing in the nursery, calling pediatricians, booking new born care class, registering for birthing class, and signing up for lactation courses! I feel so much better having all that set up and now just need to think about cord blood banking and signing up for that in the next few weeks.
In pregnancy news, baby and I are feeling great! Daddy has started sleeping with his hand resting on my belly and it is the sweetest thing! I find myself needing to get up but instead lay in bed resting and soaking up every single second in the mornings wrapped up with Brandon and his hand on my belly. We continue to feel Chandler move all the time and he is getting stronger and stronger! His little taps have turned into strong jabs now! I now weight 136#, feel great most the time, and can really only complain about the daily heartburn (which should be called sternum lava) and insomnia. I am feeling a bit more tired by the end of the day now and it's getting a little more difficult to turn over in my sleep; I'm definitely finding the need for extra pillows at night! It's such a sweet journey though and I am so thankful for what the Lord has done.
Comments
Post a Comment