31Weeks! 4-16-21 to 4-22-21

4-16-21: It's here! A very, very busy week but I know it will be possible with God! Looking into this week, I know it's going to take all I have but I'm up for it because it's full of wonderful events that I will most likely never forget!

Today, I made a trip to The Domain, to Dillard's, and had the best time shoe shopping! I haven't been good shoe shopping in a very long time and I really enjoyed it! I got three new pairs of shoes, including wedge sandals, nude heels for the shower, and nude Gianni Bini thick heels to wear with everything! I had a great day and enjoyed treating myself to some fun! I also got my nails painted a beautiful pearl color in preparation for our baby shower coming up. Brandon and I ended the day at Cane Rosso with his cycle group for Robert's surprise 60th birthday. It was a great night with a great group of people! Denise was so sweet to invite us and we loved their company. I have the sweetest moments when I'm out and about and feel baby Chandler kick inside me. I love patting my belly and just being his mommy.

4-17-21: Half day clinical! We had a great day and I let the students out early because Brandon and I have a wedding to attend tonight. I rushed home, got ready, he loaded up the car, and off we went! We went to Amy and Cesars wedding in North Austin and despite the changing weather, we had a great time. It hits me how lucky I am to have Brandon for my husband! Watching him network with his coworkers and be in the circle of success just makes me so proud of him! I felt extra glamorous in my hunter green form fitting dress and baby Chandler made quite the appearance in it! After the wedding, Brandon drove us to Dallas and we were ready for bed! We got unpacked at moms and then went to sleep! 







4-18-21: It's Baby Shower Day! The girls and I went to DryBar for our 10:00 hair appointment and Brandon took off for a cycle ride. We had the best time getting our hair done and each agreed that we should do that more often! The wash, scalp massage, and styling had me so relaxed and at ease! It was such a fun thing to do with my sisters and I truly wish we could do that every day! It made for the perfect morning and way to start the day! 

Back at  home, we did  makeup, got ready, and then took off to the shower! I felt extra beautiful in my baby blue dress and new shoes; a big improvement from last weeks meltdown after feeling like nothing would fit well and feeling just big in general. I truly felt lovely and special today! Brook dropped me off at the door and went to park so that I wouldn't have to walk far. I stepped into Heirloom Haul and saw Lovie there! She took me to the shower room and it was just beautiful!! They really out did themselves! It was a beautiful and sweet spring garden theme, complete with my favorite- Velveteen Rabbit touches, and all the other special little details! The room was exquisite, the cake was stunning, and the balloon and rainbow walls were just perfect! It was the perfect room with the perfect amount of guests! We had plenty of room to social distance and respect each other's space. For lunch, we had the most delicious salads, sandwiches, macaroons, baby shower cake, and assortment of teas! I felt so loved and appreciate everyone coming to help celebrate baby Chandler. My favorite moment was when Brandon walked in! He always shows up looking beautiful and today was no different! He had on his black slacks, black dress shoes, and a blue/white Mizzen shirt! He made me feel so special and adored! I mean, how many men really go to their girls baby shower?! None that I've ever seen! He visited with our friends, mingled, and enjoyed the day as much as I did. I'm so glad he was a part of it, and even more flattered that he wanted to be a part of it! The Cello player was a perfect surprise and played the most beautiful music while I opened gifts! His first song was The Cello Song and I was absolutely in love with how the room filled with music; it was the perfect ambiance. 

Afterward, we stopped by Lanie's house for a visit and it was so good to see her! She gave Chandler his first college fund donation and I am so thankful! I can't wait to open him a little savings account to help cover his college fund costs when the time comes. 

We ended the night with pizza with dad and Tyler at the house. Brandon started feeling a bit bad after his long cycle ride and some allergies so I set him up with some Tom Kha soup and then tucked him in bed. Sweet boy was exhausted! We slept great and were ready to head home the next day. 

4-19-21: Back to Austin! It was a whirlwind weekend but a wonderful fun at the same time! Brandon and I had a great visit with so many loved ones and friends! We made it back to Austin, unpacked, and then got ready for a busy week ahead! Brandon rested and I got home our favorite Thai Curry and Tom Yum soup from Madam Ma'am's and then we were off to bed. The nursery is overflowing with gifts and I am really starting to feel like we're almost ready for him to be here!!

4-20-21: It's appointment day! We agreed because Brandon is getting sick, he should stay home and instead get to the doctor's office. I am thankful to be feeling fine and hope I don't get whatever he has. He was up all night coughing and miserable, and my heart breaks for him. I got up at 3am to make him an appointment at Urgent Care for an 0800 appointment and hopefully get him feeling better soon. 

Baby appointment went great! It's always wonderful to see Dr. Capet and I'm so thankful God led me to her. I feel very safe in her care and have become really comfortable with her team. Baby Chandler is measuring right on track, 1-3 days ahead, and all is looking great! She plans to take me off pelvic rest at our 34 week appointment if all goes well between now and then. 

Afterward, I stopped at Chick-fil-a for some delicious chicken mini's and then headed back to Dallas! Yes, back to Dallas! I have boudoir photos tomorrow and so I thought I'd be wise and go back a day early to make sure everything went as smooth as possible. Plus, I was already up so early for our appointment and in North Austin, so it just made the most sense. On my way, I stopped at my very favorite, North Park Mall, and had the best time! I shopped at Victoria's Secret, picking out the most beautiful lingerie for my shoot and also for the remainder of my pregnancy, with post-partum comfort in mind too. I spoiled myself with a $250 spree but I love the bar/panty sets and can't wait to wear them! I finished my little spree at Dillard's where I bought an adorable Free People white bra/panty set and gorgeous lingerie body suit to go with the white lacy robe. I loved my time at North Park today! After, I headed to mom's to meet Bethany and she helped me piece all the outfits together! I'm SO thankful for her help and loved having her help me make the final decision! Later, I went for a manicure while she went to her house to get an overnight bag, and then we met back up at mom's for pizza with mom and jerry. The best part of the day was going to bed and being cozy in my bed together just like all the years on Catalina! We both slept like babies- which is a precious gift in light of all the insomnia I've had lately! What a wonderful day! 

4-21-21: Today was the best!! I had my boudoir session with Marie at Pink Door Boudoir and it was so great!! I felt so beautiful and she put me right at ease!! Sam did my makeup/hair and then I moved into the studio room for the shoot! It left me feeling confident, feminine, and incredibly sexy! I loved holding on to my belly for the shoot and can't wait to show Brandon the pictures when I get them back! He still keeps his wedding present boudoir book I had made for him out on the dresser and we've been married almost 7 years. I am so excited for him to see the maternity book! 

After, I had to head back to Austin but first made a stop at North Park for a quick return of a top I decided not to wear. While I was there, I couldn't help but get one of my favorite sandwiches at Corner Bakery, which I devoured on my way home! I was so happy to get home and be back with Brandon. He's still feeling sick so I hate being away from him even more than normal!

4-22-21: Lazy morning at home and then a surprisingly good, always chaotic, shift at MC, Lake Austin. Today, I worked with an RN for the first time at the clinic, Candace, and it was so great!! She was a HUGE help and I loved having another healthcare provider there with me! In one shift, I've gone from planning to leave MC after maternity leave to thinking I'll stick it out for a bit longer- it was that helpful to have the additional staff! It felt good to be back after a month and I enjoyed caring for patients as their provider today. I got home to a warm Chipotle dinner and was exhausted- but in a good way! I went to bed knowing I had done a good job, worked hard, and fulfilled my purpose for the day. That is such a good feeling! 

Brandy

Shower guest list:

Brandy, Brandon, Mom, Brook, Bethany, Aly, Cale, Dianna, Debbie, Donna, Tammie Mcorter, Tammy Lindsey, Marilyn, Joyce, Brittney, Peggy, Sam, Kennadi, Erika Tillett, Tish Photographer, Nell, Lori, Keri, Mckayla. Cello player. 

Comments

Popular Posts