27 Weeks! 3-19-21 to 3-25-21

03/19: The insomnia persists! It's day something of being up at approx. 2:30am and not being able to go back to bed. Although it makes for long days, I'm making the best of it! I try to go back to sleep but if unsuccessful after a few minutes, I get up and get the day started. I have been very productive at 3am and really enjoy the quiet time. Today was no different, and because I had already planned to go to Dallas to surprise mom for her birthday, I just decided to get going a few hours early. I left home at 5:50 and had a very easy and peaceful drive to Dallas. I surprised mom and then took her to La Madeline for breakfast! She was so happy! She loves seeing the baby bump and getting to feel baby Chandler. After breakfast, we went to the farm to spend time with Bethany, stopped by half price books to make a donation, and then spent the afternoon getting manicures! We journeyed downtown to the square and spent the afternoon looking at the boutiques before having dinner at Christina's. We finished the night by playing Domino's with Lori at the house. 

3/20: Insomnia strikes again at 3:00. I laid in bed for a bit before texting the girls and to my surprise, this time I got a reply! Mom was apparently awake too! I journeyed downstairs to the kitchen, and Jerry was up also! We ended up starting a 4am birthday card game, complete with Lori and Bethany, and it was absolutely hysterical. We spent the day at Home Grown Plants for mom's birthday and I got the cutest succulent for the nursery! I'm so excited about it! It will be the perfect little pop of color and greenery. I made it back to Austin around 7pm and after such a busy day, I was ready for bed. 

3/21: The best day!! I needed it! I will be very honest; week 27 has been stressful to me! With the overwhelming amount of student assignments to grade, the grandmothers driving me pretty much crazy with all the shopping/emails/constant call/messages/facebooking/etc... I was starting to reach my tolerance threshold! I know they mean so well and to deny their efforts makes me ungrateful, but not being one that loves attention and having an overall introvert and shy personality, I have had enough attention for a while. Moving forward though, I have prayed over my lack of patience and have left it all to the Lord. In doing so, I have felt more free and relaxed! Today was absolutely wonderful! Brandon did not have to do set-up team at church, which means we got to sleep in together and he invited me to a coffee date in his new office/bike room. It was so sweet and I loved it! He showed off his new bike, we talked about baby for a bit, and then started getting ready for church. We had a great church service and as much as we both enjoy volunteering, it was very nice to have the day free from extra tasks so we cold worship together! Brandon was extra doting and my heart was exploding. He kept rubbing on my belly throughout service and pulling me closer to him, even saying "I just can't quit touching you!" I loved every second of the love between us, it of-course being completely appropriate for public and church. I feel like newly weds sometimes! The rest of the day was equally as joyful! He went on a ride with his new bike and I headed to BuyBuy Baby! I loved the alone time and had such a sweet time shopping for baby! I got some sweet and simple, great quality, onesies and a few new things for the nursery- pacifiers, baby gown, teething rings, and Noodle and Boo Laundry Soap. It was such a nice time and I truly felt at complete peace when I was in there! I think I have a new favorite thing and that is baby shopping! I had no sense of stress or the recent anxieties I've been feeling while I was in there roaming around and picking out things for Baby Chandler. 

3/23: Appointment day! I love appointment day!!! With all the stress lately, this was a day I was looking forward to! A few sweet minutes that we would get to see baby and check in with Dr. Capet. Baby looked great and it is so amazing to see him growing! He's starting to gain a little fat so his face is looking more and more real, and less and less skinny. He was very relaxed today and instead of bouncing around, he was cozy and chill. We got to see him practice breathing on sonogram, had the cutest views of his, what seem to be, very long legs, and I really think he has my nose and cheeks, and Brandon's chip and lips. His heart was beating in the 140's and strong, my cervix was perfect and even measuring better than before, and Dr. Capet reduced my pelvic rest giving me a little green light to return to easy running and gentle sex. We had a nice visit and then came home so Brandon could get to work. Our new job this appt and until delivery is measuring kick counts, which shouldn't be a problem since he's very busy! 

Symptoms: Insomnia, waking up at 2-3am most mornings. Forgetful! Not sure if it's a side effect of the Insomnia or what people call "pregnancy brain" but it is real and very odd for me. Long(er) hair than even normal. Even Bethany said "Whoa, Chandler! Brandy your hair has gotten really long lately! Glowing skin, which I love! A few new freckles, one on my left middle finger, a new "bump-like nodule" on my right ring finger at the proximal joint, which is really strange but seems to have popped up suddenly in December right after finding out I was pregnant. Perhaps the newest and strangest change is a very scant and very occasional little bit of lactation starting. I'm great with the baby, belly, and fetal movement but the breast changes are so strange to me! I don't mind them and I'm so proud of what my body is doing but I will admit, it is also odd! 

Weight at appointment on 3/23: 132.6# with clothes. Cervix is measuring great at 3.3 and no changes. 

3/24: The best day! Up extra early again but instead of fighting it, I get up and do what I can while also trying to be quiet. Today was extra productive and my energy level is amazing! Today, I cleaned out the master closet, making more room for my sweet little maternity outfits, cleaned out the garage and swept out the leaves that like to sneak in, and made a trip to one of my favorite places- Lowes! I just love the home/hardware store!! I got new drawer organizers and a few new bathroom organizer baskets, as well as a flat of pansies, and summer vegetables. I didn't go wild because looking ahead, I know I'll be extra busy this summer with baby and I don't want to have a vegetable garden going wild but I did still get our favorites; tomatoes, basil, dill, and pepper plants. For the rest of the day, we played in the garden! We planted the pansies, cleaned up the beds, and had a great time! The weather couldn't have been better! It was cool and overcast, not too hot and not too cold! It was so fun gardening and then looking down at my belly! I had the best time and it was such a special day gardening with baby! 

3/25: It's the last day of our second trimester!! I honestly cannot believe it! This trimester has completely flown by! I can't even imaging how quickly the next 12 weeks will go!! I'm excited, nervous, antsy, and everything else!! 

Insomnia persists! It's 5:00am and we've been up for over an hour but the good thing about it is the laundry is folded, emails are done, and now we're blogging in the complete quiet and listening to the rain outside while daddy sleeps. These are the sweetest moments! They aren't all that frequent with the normal day-to-day but when they happen like this, I feel so at peace. Our cozy and quiet home, me and baby getting an early and calm start to the day, and daddy resting peacefully. I am so thankful. 










Comments

Popular Posts