26 Weeks! 03-12-21 to 03-18-21
3-21-21: We got his Britax stroller and car-seat today!! Thank you to mom for being so generous!! She bought the stroller and my dream nursery rocker!! I am so incredibly thankful!!! Brandon was so cute getting the stroller out and I can tell how excited he is about baby coming soon! We had a sweet little evening together talking about baby and how much we love each other. We chatted about how we are truly best friends and how lucky Chandler is to have Brandon as his daddy, how we can definitely do this and work together to give little boy the best life possible, and Brandon laughed and said, "Yea, I think about other people I know that have kids and man, if they can do it, we can for sure do it!" Putting the stroller and car-seat in the nursery made it all a little more real that baby will be here before we know it!
3-15-21: Today we are home resting, catching up on grading, and catching up on blogging. The past 48 hours, I have felt more tired than normal but considering the busy and productive week last week, combined with working at the hospital and clinic all weekend, I'm not surprised I'm feeling extra fatigued. Otherwise, I feel great, Brandon is doing wonderful, and baby boy is active as ever! I have had my first bout of true heartburn and it really was quite painful! I don't like to complain, especially since I'm joyful for this pregnancy and baby Chandler, but the heartburn is truly uncomfortable. It passed soon enough and I've been more aware of avoiding spicy foods and things that may make it worse.
Other things this week include planning for our baby shower! I really don't like being the center of attention but I am excited to celebrate with a family/friend shower. It's probably more for the family than for me, if I'm being honest, but I'm thankful they are so excited and putting so much effort into the big event. I feel like all the credit should be given to God for allowing me to carry this sweet child and to receive a lot of gifts and attention, seems a little selfish to me. It will be fun though and I am excited to spend the day with family. We have decided on April 18th from 3-5 at Heirloom Haul in Frisco, Texas. A darling little bistro and event center that will truly be the perfect place to have a sweet little baby shower. My favorite part is that we can incorporate a little bunny theme, which matches my love for The Velveteen Rabbit, some of the nursery decor, and the season of Easter!
Speaking of nursery, it's coming together and is definitely my favorite room in the house! The more it evolves, the more time I spend in there just sitting and dreaming of baby. Brandon is loving the nursery progress and likes coming in to see all the decoration progress.
Weight: 131lbs
Baby: 1lb 11oz
Comments
Post a Comment