25 Weeks! 03-05-21 to 03-11-21

03-07-21: Today, daddy and I put together the crib!! Since Brandon has a lot of expereince with crib assembly from years of being in the moving industry, it was actually a breeze! We did it together and made new memories! It's hard to believe that I used to stand at the doorway of the guest room and day dream about where I would put a crib, all the while knowing this day would very likely not happen. Well, today, it happened! I love the furniture we picked, actually Brandon picked it out, and I am so enjoying getting the nursery put together!! It really is the highlight of my life right now! 

03-08-21: More nursery preparation and nesting! I move things around about 100 times before deciding just where the animals should go, where the dresser should go, where the end table should go... and I love every single second! It's hard to pry myself away from Chandler's room! 

03-09-21: Busy day catching up with grades, meetings, and my MC evaluation today. Apparently 100% of my patients reported that they would recommend me to their family or friends, which made me feel really great!

03-10-21: Today was a BIG day! Feeling caught up, I was ready for a fun day out! I got up and got ready and was out the door by 9! I had a fun morning at Home Depot (love the tool store) getting a few supplies and tools we were in need of, new light bulbs for the nursery, and other little things, then spent the rest of the afternoon at Pottery Barn Kids outlet in San Marcos. I was so excited to find crib bedding that I absolutely love!! It is the sweetest combination of a white velvet crib sheet with small navy polka-a-dots, a cotton matching crib skirt, and the matching white with blue edging crib blanket! I am in love! I couldn't wait to get it home and washed! While I was out, I also got a notification that his mattress had been delivered! I was so happy because I could finally put the finishing touches on the crib! On the way back, I started not feeling great and realizing that I had yet to eat or drink any water, was ready to get home! As soon as I did, I started feeling what I can only imagine were Braxton Hicks contractions. It was the strangest feeling!!!! It felt exactly like what others describe it to be; baby feels like he is balling up inside! It didn't hurt but feeling my uterus contract and having zero power of it was a bit scary! Especially knowing I'm a little high risk because of my age and Leep history, and after the scare we had a few weeks ago. I spent the day resting and hydrating and although they went on throughout the evening, they eventually stopped after a warm bath and lots of water intake. They never got worse, never hurt, and never timed out as if they were real contractions. I was so happy they stopped and I was fortunate enough to have Brandon's love and comfort the whole day! We missed bible study because of it and I had back pain as well, which he helped me with by getting my heating pad and tylenol. It was truly strange but all is well! 

03-11-21: Feeling back to normal, I was up for a little trip out but still stayed close to home. Got my eyebrows waxed (always feel better when that's done), made a stop at Hobby Lobby where I found the perfect little pillows to compliment the neutral tones and color scheme of the nursery, and then went to BuyBuy Baby to sit in rockers and pick one out since mom has asked us to let her gift us with that!! I am so thankful!!! That is one of the last things we need and I could not be more appreciative to have the help! I would never ask for help but I am forever thankful for her gift(s) and will think of her every single time I sit in the rocker and nurse of comfort my own baby. I have also started packing my hospital bag. I know it's early but I feel better knowing that if something happens, then I'll at least have a bag ready to grab and won't be so caught off guard like last week.





                   The perfect little curtain ties I ordered have arrived and they look great in his nursery!

Comments

Popular Posts