24 Weeks! 02-26-21 to 03-04-21

 2-26: Today was terrifying!!! Truly scary and I'm so glad I'm home and resting! Two nights ago, Brandon and I were intimate and it was as wonderful as always; meaning everything went great! Shortly after, I noticed some spotting but knowing the body well and pathology of increased blood flow to the cervix, I wasn't too concerned. I had also gone for a 2 mile run previously in the day so I also thought perhaps I had just over-done it for the day. It was late so I did what I knew to do, monitored every few hours, which was easy since I'm up every few hours to use the restroom at night, and watch for any changes. All went well throughout the night and into Thursday day. Out of caution, I let Dr. Capet know, who agreed to watch for symptoms at home and monitor for bleeding. The spotting stopped throughout the day and all was well. I went about the day as normal and then woke up Friday morning to what I knew was my mucus plug. It was pretty unmistakable although this is my first pregnancy. I called Dr. Capet, who I guessed would tell me to come in to be checked out. I was wrong! Instead, she told me to proceed to Labor and Delivery! I immediately felt terrified. I was home alone, I knew I would have to go alone because of the visitor policy in effect, and I suddenly feared for my sons safety! I had just reached 24 weeks, meaning he is considered viable, and I was so afraid something was wrong and he would come early! I remained calm, agreed to be seen in Labor and Delivery, and jumped in the shower to clean up a bit. I prayed desperately for things to be okay, for God to meet me where I was and take over, lead my path, and protect baby Chandler. I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed when I heard the most relieving sound maybe ever! The garage door opened and in walked Brandon!! He knew with one look that something was wrong, but I stayed calm, assured him I was okay, and explained the situation. He was visibly concerned but helped me pack a little overnight bag and saw me off, giving me strict instructions to text him every 10 minutes with updates. I prayed the whole way, talked to mom and Bethany, and then spent a few minutes in the parking lot praying to God for protection and healing from whatever dangers I may be facing. I got inside, made it to Labor and Delivery, and they took over from there. It was a very smooth process and then I met my nurse, Kim, who was an angel! She was so kind and nice to me; I knew God had put me in good hands! She had me change into a gown, took a urine sample, and then put me on the monitor. As soon as I heard Chandler's heart beat and learned that things were looking okay, I relaxed a little bit. I also met Emily, the midwife, who assumed my care and ordered an ultrasound. That's when I met Merve, the ultrasound tech, and she happened to have an ACC student with her, which brightened my day. They checked me out, did an anatomy scan, and then Emily reviewed the results with me. Everything looked good and my cervix was measuring normal. She agreed after seeing my picture that I did pass my mucous plug and that I did the right thing to call and come in to be seen. After a few more things and discharge teaching, I was free to go! I was so happy and relieved!! I think I may have found my labor nurse too! Kim said she'd love to care for me in June when I come back! I'm so glad today is over and I am thankful to God that things were okay. Brandon took me to dinner at Maudie's and then home to rest. I love him so much! 

2-27: Normal day at the hospital and I felt fine! No symptoms, no spotting, no changes; praise the Lord! 

2-28: Lazy morning and then off to Dallas to celebrate Bethany's graduation and passing FNP boards. I was a little nervous, as was Brandon, to travel but knowing I'd be in safe company with the girls and near hospitals, we agreed I can go. I planned on taking it easy and not doing anything to strenuous. I made it safely to Mckinney and was so happy to see mom! She was overjoyed to see the baby bump! It brought tears to my eyes to see her and Jerry so happy and surprised to see Chandler popping out! Next, Bethany came and we were ready to head to her surprise getaway, Broken Bow! We had her blindfolded and after a rainy drive and little adventure, we made it to the cabin and fell in love! It was the perfect new cabin, complete with all the ameneties we could imagine, and perfect for a relaxing time. We decided on pizza for dinner and then back to relax. Brook joined us the next day at the coffee shop and we spent the next two days playing in Broken Bow, visiting Girls Gone Wine (I had the best grape juice and Bethany bought 10 cases of dessert wine for the wedding), we drove around the lake, had a park picnic, and then a fancy and fun dinner to celebrate Bethany! We had a cake and graduation gowns ready to go, which made it extra fun! I'm so glad we got away and got to celebrate even if COVID did ruin her original graduation. I made it back to Austin on the 3rd and was so glad to be back! It was a lot of driving but we had a great little time in Broken Bow! 

3:4: Today was glucose testing day! We passed with flying colors! I honestly don't know why people complain about it so much! It wasn't bad at all! As long as you pay attention to the time, follow the directions, and drink the glucose, it's really pretty easy. Sure, I don't want to drink the glucose every day but I was pleasantly surprised that it just wasn't as bad as people say. I just didn't see what all the complaining was about. After my labs were drawn, I got to see baby Chandler at our sonogram appointment! The best part was that just yesterday, I got an email that we could bring one guest again!! I was SO thrilled! Just in time for my appointment! Brandon joined us at the sonogram and then the OB appointment that followed and I was so happy to have him there! He was equally as happy to be able to come to appointments again. Dr. Capet was great as always and reviewed the events of last week with me. She confirmed that my cervix was measuring normal but out of caution she put me on pelvic rest, which means no sex, and she took away my running! I was bummed but not really surprised and I totally respect her decision. I was already taking it a bit easier so this wasn't exactly unexpected. I'm going to miss running so much, for many reasons, but I'm happy I can keep walking, doing light arm workouts, and overall get to stay at home and am clear to continue working. I'd much rather be under these limits than bed-rest altogether. 









Comments

Popular Posts