21 weeks! 2-5-21 to 2-11-21

2-7: Today we registered for baby and shopped for furniture!! Brandon had a long bike ride this morning and I took my time getting dolled up to spend the day with my sweet husband. When he got home and ready, we took off to Pottery Barn at the Arboretum. We browsed around looking at the furniture and cribs, got a few ideas, and then headed to Buybuy Baby to start our registry. Not really knowing how this all works, I felt a little lost and I could tell he felt a little annoyed but I'm so glad we kept on because once we met with the manager and got our registry going, we actually had a good time! We shopped the whole store picking out things we think we may need. We also looked at the furniture, which Brandon like much better and even found a favorite set for baby Chandler. We picked out everything from the pack and play, to the highchair, to all the little things we may need. Brandon fell in love with the Britax stroller/car seat set and it was a must have for him! After a solid hour of shopping and scanning, we were feeling better and accomplished. We picked out a few more things and then ended the day with a date at Chuy's. I'm so glad we have these memories and I am feeling productive now that we have a registry started! I'm so excited to have an idea of the furniture we want to purchase and look forward to getting it bought and delivered so we can start the nursery! In the meantime, Brandon has moved his cycle room to the office so he can have his own "man cave" office/cycle room combo, the old cycle room now becomes the guest room, and the old guest room next door to the master will now become baby Chandler's baby suite! We love the Baby Cache "Vienna" set in ash grey color.

2-11: Today is the best day! I'm currently sitting on the couch blogging and catching up with student evaluations while the rain comes down outside. Brandon is next to me and I look over to see that he has fallen asleep for a little afternoon nap! Chandler is moving around and it's such a sweet moment to have with my little family! It's 30 degrees outside and Austin is in a Winter Storm Warning so we are staying cozy and safe at home. Brandon had a few appointments today but is home now and I opted to not pick up extra at the clinic because I don't want to risk our safety. I made an early dinner of homemade burgers per Brandon's request and I snacked on raw broccoli and carrots with sourcream ranch dip, which made for the perfect afternoon snack! I was just about to get up at go take a warm bath and relax when I see Brandon curled up napping and feel baby Chandler moving. I can't make myself move now so I'm just enjoying this sweet little moment. 









Comments

Popular Posts