18 weeks! 01-15-21 to 01-21-21
1-16-21: The girls are here! I absolutely love when they come to visit!! It makes me so happy hearing them in our home and getting to spend quality time together! They got in late on the 15th and then we had a full day of fun on the 15th. They wanted Valentina's famous breakfast burritos so of-course we made that happen, and then Brandon surprised us with a hike around the Greenbelt! It was so fun! I'm embarrassed to say that in 3 years of living in Austin, I have actually never been to the Greenbelt! Of-course it's on my list but it always seems to be crowded and then with COVID, I've just been staying close to home and venturing our the Slaughter trails within walking distance. It was so much fun and the weather was beautiful- nice and chilly but great for being outdoors. After our hike, we went to Salt Traders for dinner and then home to rest! We were all tired but loved having a quiet night at home. We spent time looking at ALL the gifts Lovie got for Chandler; reading the books, playing with the animals and toys, and the best part was when Bethany put her hand on my belly and he kicked back! It was so great! We both jumped and then laughed with excitment and thrill! Brandon thought we were joking and doing it to make mom jealous but she got to feel him later too! Brandon still thinks we're messing with him and that nobody can really feel baby kicks yet lol! They are tiny but they are there!! It was such a fun and special moment with them, all sitting on the couch, and feeling baby move!
The next day (17th) we had more Valentina's for breakfast and then went shopping at the Domain for Bethany and all things wedding! I took them to SummerMoon for a halfmoon latte and they loved it as much as I do!! I think it's the best coffee I may have ever had! Another beautiful day to be outside! We shopped and played for hours! She got some new dresses, I got a few shirts that will be great for early maternity clothing, and mom struck it rich at the VS sale! Since they love True Food as much as I do, we had a quick pre-dinner appetizer of their delicious butternut squash soup and brussel sprouts! After our big day, we picked up Brandon and went to our favorite Italiam spot, Ilario's.
We had the best little weekend with them and I feel so refreshed to have spent time together! I always hate the goodbyes but at least we'll see them soon when we head to Dallas for a wedding at the end of the month. They left early on Sunday morning to get home and settled before the week started, and I headed to a MinuteClinic Covid site to code/sign charts off for the day. Covid is still a thing but with the new vaccine, we are so hopeful for a resolution soon!
I worked the same shift on the 18th as extra! It's a great opportunity to save a little money before baby gets here, and also keep me current in practice. Since I'm only part time there, I prefer to stay current at least once a week by picking up a few extra shifts.
Brandy
Comments
Post a Comment