17 weeks! 1-8-21 to 1-14-21
1-9-21: Had a great run today at the park and little Chandler has definitely decided to make his baby bump debut! It is so cute and sweet! I know I'm small for 17 weeks but the moment I look down when I'm running and see a little round belly is one of the best moments of my life! It was the sweetest day today! We loved our run and had a wonderful day at home. I love being pregnant and can't wait to meet our new best friend!
1-10-21: Worked at CVS Covid testing site today managing all the results, finializing them, coding/billing, and closing the charts. I of-course am not doing any of the swabbing of making contact with the possibly infected patients but I have to be onsite to complete the charts and code the visits. It was possibly the easiest money I've ever made, even though by the 103rd chart, my eyes were going a bit crazy after being on the computer all day! But hey, $53/hr to close charts is something I will not complain about! That's just extra spending money for baby! The best part of our day was that it snowed!! It snowed big in Austin!! It was so beautiful coming down and even though it only lasted a day, it was so beautiful to see! Baby Chandler had his first snow already but he was nice and warm in my belly! When we got home, daddy had pizza waiting on us! We took a much needed hot shower, ate dinner, and cuddled up with dad on the couch. I am also pretty sure that I have started feeling the first little baby kicks!!! Now I don't know that for certainty and it's hard to tell if it's my tummy growling, or normal GI movement, but it felt an awful lot like a little tap from the inside! I felt it once at work today about 2:00 and later in the evening while sitting on the couch and spending time with Brandon. Thinking about it, I may have noticed late last week also in the evening while laying in bed but again, I had just eaten so it's hard to tell what I'm really feeling. I can't wait for the first big kick that is unmistakable! They say that first time mom's don't notice baby kicks until later since we've never felt it before, and I also have an anterior placenta so it may be harder for me to feel the early movements since he's basically kicking into a pillow. Either way, I'm so excited to be seeing changes and looking forward to the stronger movements that are for sure baby!
1-11-21: It is COLD! Brrr! It was 46 degrees today but I just had to get out in it and run! I was feeling extra hormonally irritable today, which is really unlike me, and I knew getting outdoors would help. Turns out, it was a bit too cold to get a good long run in, but we had a great 3.5mile brisk walk and enjoyed praising the Lord and listening to worship music. Towards the end, Bethany called and I really enjoyed talking to her and doing a little phone wedding planning. I stopped at the gas station on the way home to get Brandon a bag of candies and goodies, along with a card to express my thanks for loving me on days when I'm being unlovable. I had a great time making his little care candy package and leaving it in his office for him. Lovie sent Chandler lots of little goodies today including two new blankies that are so soft and precious. He is so loved already! We also got some icky news today that becuase of the surge in COVID and the hospitals being overwhelmed, St. David's is not allowing any visitors with patients, including primary care offices like AAOBGYN. I was crushed to know that Brandon can't be there tomorrow at our next routine appointment but then I had to re-evaluate and think about how fortunate I am to be pregnant and have an OB appointment to go to. Brandon has gotten to be by my side for every other appointment and monumental day so it's okay if he misses a routine weigh in/urine check/and heartbeat check. It will also give me the extra time to get my labs drawn same day so there's a positive to the situation. We will miss daddy being there but will tell him all about it when we get home. We also got our first delivery of diapers today, which was a site to see on the front porch! It was so cute to open the door and see it sitting on the doorstep! We are certainly not used to seeing 1-12-2021: The best most amazing moment so far in my pregnancy happened today at 3am! As usual, we were awake, cozy in bed, but awake. Still sleepy eyed but not fighting the insomnia, I laid in bed, warm and happy, and was thinking about sweet baby boy and my wonderful husband. How blessed I am by God to have Brandon and a stable marriage. What will baby look like? When will I meet him? When will I feel his first real kick? All these things going through my mind and then I rolled onto my back, put my hand on my tummy, and just enjoyed the moment. Then, while I was starting to slowly drift off to sleep, he kicked me!!! I felt it!!! I absolutely, positively, felt him kick me! He kicked big and I guess being on my back and in the right position at that moment, it actually startled me! I jumped and said "whoa!" Then I smiled and giggled! I couldn't wait to tell Brandon! It was the neatest thing and of-course I wanted to feel more! I didn't though, not until later in the evening when I felt a few little taps while cuddled up with Brandon on the couch. It makes me laugh when I feel him, it's the sweetest thing ever! I just imagine him being so curious in his little home and flipping all over the place. I love him so much!

Comments
Post a Comment