11 weeks! 11-27-20 to 12-3-20

 Morning sickness is so strange!! One day I'm sick and vomiting all day, and then next day, it's gone! The 11th week has been great and I'm feeling better! Vomiting is gone (hopefully it stays gone) and my appetite is improving! 

28th: No clinical today because it's Thanksgiving break! Enjoyed a weekend at home with Brandon and worked at LA on the 29th. 

December 1st: It's Daddy's birthday!!! I'm especially excited for this one and have had the BEST time getting ready for it!! I started the morning out by making him waffles and coffee, and was so happy when he woke up and came in the living room! He's been sneaking his was into getting a present almost every day by talking me into to letting him have some early, but I saved the biggest ones for today! I asked him if he was ready for his presents, and by doing so, he naturally looked at the Christmas tree, which is also where I put his birthday presents. Then he saw it!!! His new guitar!!! I have been very busy at Guitar Center learning about acoustic guitars and getting the perfect one for him. I had it out and displayed on the stand I bought and assembled for him, along with other presents for the day. He loved it!!! He smiled so big and picked it up immediately! I am so happy to hear him playing again and it takes me right back to our high school/college days when he'd play songs all day! I love having music in the house again and I'm so happy baby will grow up listening to daddy play the guitar! Other gifts included 4 new Mizzen and Main shirts (his absolute favorite: two black, one white, one blue plaid), a personalized "Daddy" coffee mug with our announcement photos on it, some new daddy/baby books to read to the baby, and a homemade cheesecake from a raved about cheesecake maker in Austin! It took some work getting the cake ordered and then picked up, but it was a highlight for Brandon! He enjoyed a bike ride during the day and I got ready for our big dinner date. I surpirsed him with dinner at Trattoria Lisina in Driftwood, one of our favorites, and he loved it! I got to wear my bcbg blue sparkly body suit with the open back, and good timing because I'm sure it won't fit for much longer! We had their delicious Costata Di Maiale porkchop with chcerry mostarda, creamy polenta, and grilled asaparagus! Yummy! It was a great day celebrating his birth and God creating him! It will be the last birthday we celebrate for him with just the two of us! Next year, we will be a family of three and he will be a daddy!!! 

December 2nd/3rd: Baby and I spent time outside doing yard work and we loved it! We got all the shrubs and ivy cut back, cleaned up the front and back flower beds, and did some light tree trimming. It was great to be outside doing something I love! I also spent some time prepping for the last clinical day of the semester and worked on student evals while I had the free time. Ready to feel like myself again (I hear the second trimester is amazing) and looking forward to watching my body change as baby grows! 

We finished the day by going to our weekly Bible study group. Brandon and I decided tonight would be the perfect night to tell them about the baby!! We won't be meeting for a few weeks due to holiday's and everyone being gone at different times, but we were also ready to share our exciting news and praise the Lord for all He has done. Our group has prayed over us and for us for well over a year and we are so thankful. After dinner and our study, we always do prayer requests. This time, Brandon said he had a prayer request, to which Mike replied, "yeah, of-course." Brandon said "Just please pray for Chandler" and then glanced at me. I heard Wayne say, "Matt Chandler? Is he okay?" Brandon replied back, "oh for Baby Chandler." Everyone looked confused and after a few seconds I couldn't help but excitedly grab my belly and say "I'm PREGNANT!" The room went wild!!!! I mean WILD!!!! I remember blinking and then everyone was out of their seats and wrapping us in hugs and love!! Tears were shed, shouts of joy were yelled, and we were just beside ourselves!! It's a moment I will never, ever forget!!! We spent the next several minutes answering all the questions they had like how we found out, when, etc... and just talking about baby stories and how good God is! It was subsequently also the nicest little drive home for Brandon and I- full of joy and excitement. I can't believe we are going to have a BABY!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts