9 weeks! 11-13-20 to 11-19-20: Baby Davis Announcement Photo Session; Dripping Springs

Friday, 13th, 2020: The highlight of our week was taking professional photos for our baby announcement cards and to celebrate this amazing time in our lives! Although I'm not feeling great, nothing could keep me from being extra excited about today. I had a bowl of oatmeal to settle my morning sickness, laid out our outfits (I'm so excited to wear my new Antonio Melanie dress), and then headed to DryBar downtown for my blowout. I just love DryBar!! I don't have a reason to go on a regular basis but gosh, I should find reasons to go! I love everything about that place! Flower was my stylist and she made me feel so beautiful! She gave me the perfect wash and blowout with long, big barrel curls! I got home and because of COVID, decided I would do my own makeup and although I'm definitely not a makeup artist, I think I did okay for a short photo session (and saved a lot of money by not paying for a makeup artist to come to my house)! I'll do that for maternity and newborn but not for a simple 30 minutes shoot. 

Brandon and I left about 4:00 and got to Dripping Springs to meet Kristin about 4:40. She came recommended by another photographer in the area that was booked with Christmas mini's and couldn't fit us in, but I was so thankful to have the referral help! 

Kristin was great and although it's always a little odd in front of the camera and a perfect stranger, we got comfortable as the shoot went on and before we knew it, we were done. I was so happy and couldn't wait to see the photos! It was outdoors, which was great, but even in the 85 degree heat is a long, lined for winter dress, I was starting to feel a little sick so I was happy she kept it short and sweet. I can definitely feel a lack of reserve energy so I appreciated that she didn't keep us too long. Afterward, we went to Homespun for dinner and it felt great to sit down inside. We had a great dinner and I was so happy to get home and showered! 

Kristin was so great at getting our pictures back to us and I was shocked when I was keeping the kids in the church nursey and got an email that our pics were ready! Two days!! I couldn't wait to see them! It was 11-15, which is also my baptism anniversary so that made it all the more special to have our pics back that day! Brandon and I had an Italian lunch after church and then came home to look at our photos. She had promised us 20 but sent of 44!!! Of those, there were 34 that I really loved, and 20 that was just amazing! Although the shoot was a bit rough on me towards the end because I was hot and not feeling well, it was worth it!! 

I ordered canvases  of two photos for the grandmother's to be Christmas presents, a stack of playing cards with the photos on the front side that we will use for the family announcement, and pregnancy announcement cards to send to our loved ones. 

11-14-20: Today, I gave my students the day off since we were only scheduled for half a day and because I was feeling so sick! I couldn't imagine running the hospital halls and needing to stop every 5 minutes by the bathroom to dry-heave. It was a great decision to cancel and I enjoyed the restful morning. 

In the evening, Brandon and I went to a wedding for Sara and Yan (his cycle friends) and it was just lovely! I love a good wedding! It was small and there was plenty of open space to avoid close gatherings of people, we all wore our masks, and the ceremony itself was outdoors. The food was amazing and we loved the artichoke appetizer bites! We did not like the carrot cake and laughed at who would have carrot cake as their wedding cake lol. It was fun to go to our first big event knowing we are expecting a baby! I just love Brandon and baby so much! 

11-17-20: Today I took a little roadtrip to Katy to have lunch with Natalie! We had a great patio lunch and I enjoyed my soup and salmon, as well as telling her that we were expecting!! She was so excited and actually guessed that something was going on since we didn't meat last month as expected. We had a little stroll around the shops, got a min Bundt cake, and then went back to her apartment so I could see it now that she's all moved in and settled. We had such a fun day and I'm so glad I went! 




















Comments

Popular Posts